• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Showcase] GALERIE le Pebbles

Pebbles

BE YOUR OWN HERO
Years
3clc1oZ.png

I N T R O D U C T I O N
Hey there sexy, my name is Pebbles! I am from europe, 23 years old and i have been a vegetarian for over 10 years! Making graphics and photgraphy are two big passions of mine. I am a beginner photographer but i have been making graphics for some time now. I don't do it enough as i do not always have the time for it unfortunately but i still strive every single day to get better and better at what i love to do. Hopefully one day i will be able to call myself a pro :pink_giggle: p.s. i would appreciate it a lot if you would post some feedback before you leave! thank you for visiting.
please do not steal/redistribute my graphics/photos or claim them as your own.
credit to all the original owners of the textures, backgrounds and colorings i have used. i use a sony dsc hx300 camera for my photography and photoshop CS3/5 to make graphics.

G A L E R I E
G R A P H I C S

P H O T O G R A P H Y

CixLxDT.png

Last edited:
Years
These are really cool! I like how they look like they're constantly moving, and the particles are pretty impressive! I'm guessing you like sparkles? :D
I don't really know much about digital art but it's impressive to me so keep at it! I want to see some more art from you in the future. :)

Years
These are lovely! I absolutely adore those last few banners' animations. Adds a lot of depth to the banners and almost makes me want to pick up graphic design more actively again. Everything's very smooth and you're great at putting together different program effects to bring the tags themselves to life.

Featured your work on our official twitter, keep at it please. <:D

Pebbles

BE YOUR OWN HERO
Years
These are lovely! I absolutely adore those last few banners' animations. Adds a lot of depth to the banners and almost makes me want to pick up graphic design more actively again. Everything's very smooth and you're great at putting together different program effects to bring the tags themselves to life.

Featured your work on our official twitter, keep at it please. <:D
thank you so much, wow, thats very kind of you to do so, i appreciate it :D
Thank you for your kind words
Means a lot haha​

Awwwww the first one is really cute. Three of them are great!!

These are really cool! I like how they look like they're constantly moving, and the particles are pretty impressive! I'm guessing you like sparkles? :D
I don't really know much about digital art but it's impressive to me so keep at it! I want to see some more art from you in the future. :)

Thank you guys, you are too kind
Yes i like sparkles haha
I will post more later today :)​

Pebbles

BE YOUR OWN HERO
Years
Hi there. These animations are really good. However, you have to think of the signatures before using them, I'm gonna leave my comments on each one of them.

I'll start by this; This one is perfect for the animation; why? Because: One; It doesn't have a clear focal, making the animation a nice touch. The colors are perfect and the text blends in perfectly well with the background, good job on this one.

Now this one, not so good. It has three light sources, when the render clearly has one static light source.The text is also interfering with the lights, there's shadows where they shouldn't be. The only depth this signature has is from render's pose.What I would've done in this case is: Erasing a little bit of the hand and back cannon and put the animation layer on top of the hand and cannon, to create a sense of depth.

The light source on this one is fine and it doesn't have a clear focal so it's good about that, but... The render is drawing all the attention from the signature, I would've removed the leaves or blur them a bit, I would also blur the render a bit, but besides that it's good!
This leaf should be removed :P

If you don't mind I would like to see more variety in your signatures, you clearly have talent and I would love to see what you can do! Bye :)
thank you for taking the time and commenting
also thank you for the compliments and tips :)

i do want to ask you one thing though; why are you kinda talking in a way like graphics should all be in a certain way? i mean i don't mind you telling me what you would of done if you had made the signatures above but i find it kinda weird for somebody to tell another the way things should of been done.... no offense but some might say thats kinda a weird thing to tell people as everybody got their own style and way of how do they do things when making graphics, just saying ;)

here are more graphics :D

banner

fbLNVNk.png

posters
3JM51zR.png

hWXHnwa.png

what do you guys think? ♥

Pebbles

BE YOUR OWN HERO
Years
I'm not sure of what you mean exactly about that. But if you're referring to the light source then it's simple: Because if the shadows from your render are in the right side, that means the light is coming from the left side. So, if the shadows are in same side your light source is coming from, then there's a problem and I guess I don't have to tell you what the problem is xD

Everyone has their own style and that's perfectly fine, but even cartoons have lights and shadows, that's just how it is.

PS: I'll comment on your latest work later, see ya!
i see what you mean there, thanks for clarifying
but honestly, i don't even think about light and shadows when i make my graphics
unless i want to make a shadow or want to add a lightbeam or something

i don't make graphics by certain rules :)​

Loki

x
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2024
I love your posters! The grunge-y style is really great and I'd love to see more in that style from you! :0

The Sylveon tags are also really great-- the Chinese in the tag you're using right now is a really unique touch. I'm interested in seeing what the original stock looked like for that one-- is it a compilation of a bunch of textures to make that background? Either way, it's lovely.

I do agree with Johnny in that the Blastoise one feels weaker than your other pieces-- but for me I think it's just my personal preference against tags that are all one color. Like the Sylveon ones are blue and pink and yellow-- the Roserade one has some reds and blues in it-- but the Blastoise one is all just blue. Would've loved to have an accent color in there!

Hope to see more works soon~!

Pebbles

BE YOUR OWN HERO
Years
I love your posters! The grunge-y style is really great and I'd love to see more in that style from you! :0

The Sylveon tags are also really great-- the Chinese in the tag you're using right now is a really unique touch. I'm interested in seeing what the original stock looked like for that one-- is it a compilation of a bunch of textures to make that background? Either way, it's lovely.

I do agree with Johnny in that the Blastoise one feels weaker than your other pieces-- but for me I think it's just my personal preference against tags that are all one color. Like the Sylveon ones are blue and pink and yellow-- the Roserade one has some reds and blues in it-- but the Blastoise one is all just blue. Would've loved to have an accent color in there!

Hope to see more works soon~!

thank you for stopping by and posting ♥
my current signature, yes i used a couple of different textures but i used a pattern as background

and thanks for the feedback
appreciate it
:)​

myystogan

[cimg=width:30px;"]https://i.imgur.com/gbudGz1.png
Years
Hey Pebbles, I'm finally getting around to posting a comment! Long time coming, I know, haha.
Anyways, the main thing that stands out to me is how you use space. For me personally, I like it when there's a lot going on, yet there's a sense of direction to it all. You have that in your works. For example, with your banners, all the images you use are spread out, but I can tell that you had a clear plan for composition, because each piece is unique, and no part of the graphics are particularly boring to look at. I applaud you for the very nice typography and smart image placement!

You clearly have a great way of using stock images and textures, so I'm eager to see more work from you :-]

Universe

all-consuming
Years
  • Seen Nov 17, 2016
You're a fan of the transparent gifs I see. Those were becoming pretty popular on Tumblr a while back for roleplayer blog layouts and things of that nature. One thing I really want to praise, other than your use of constant background movement, is how well you keep your focals. Despite all that animation action my eyes remain comfortably at your focal point.

Great job!

I also noticed Johnny above me is saying the opposite about your focal points. I'm having no issues with them as you can see, but his point about shadows and light sources is important to remember. There is no right or wrong way to create art, but there is a right way to create light and depth. Because you're using obvious light sources, you should keep an eye on the shadows of your render, otherwise you're gonna throw the look of your whole piece off. Imagine I'm drawing a picture from the bottom up of a Pokemon in the sunlight, say.. Sylveon. Now say all of the lines are done, colors done, and next is shading. (sorry these are sloppy i drew them up really fast)

Spoiler:

The sun is my obvious light source, so I would then make shadows on Sylveon according to the sun's position.
But, what if I did the opposite and put Sylveon's shadows in spots that would suggest the sun isn't there in the picture at all?

Spoiler:

Then it's pointless to even draw Sylveon in sunlight if I'm gonna do that, because the shadows wouldn't make sense and it would look really off right? Same thing for graphics.

One of arts most basic rules next to color theory is shadows and light. If you never heed those two things, your art will be stunted from growth as a result.

In the end it's up to you, but I hope this makes some sense.

Pebbles

BE YOUR OWN HERO
Years
Hey Pebbles, I'm finally getting around to posting a comment! Long time coming, I know, haha.
Anyways, the main thing that stands out to me is how you use space. For me personally, I like it when there's a lot going on, yet there's a sense of direction to it all. You have that in your works. For example, with your banners, all the images you use are spread out, but I can tell that you had a clear plan for composition, because each piece is unique, and no part of the graphics are particularly boring to look at. I applaud you for the very nice typography and smart image placement!

You clearly have a great way of using stock images and textures, so I'm eager to see more work from you :-]
omg you are too kind
thank you so much
i cannot believe you would say this because the stuff you mention and you complimenting me on is stuff i think i am bad at haha, so there is a shock​

I guess that when it comes to banners, it depends on what you're aiming for. For example: If these banners were aimed to advertising, they wouldn't be so good, because: As myystogan said, there's a lot going on; if you're aiming to advertise something you need a focal, you need to draw the attention towards something specific, like a website address. When I look at these banners I do not exactly know where to look at, except for the second banner from your last post that is strongly drawing my eyes to the white part on the right side.

However, if these are aimed to be headers then they would fulfill their job pretty well, specially the last one. Besides all that, they are pretty :)
thank you very much for the compliment, i appreciate it​

You're a fan of the transparent gifs I see. Those were becoming pretty popular on Tumblr a while back for roleplayer blog layouts and things of that nature. One thing I really want to praise, other than your use of constant background movement, is how well you keep your focals. Despite all that animation action my eyes remain comfortably at your focal point.

Great job!

I also noticed Johnny above me is saying the opposite about your focal points. I'm having no issues with them as you can see, but his point about shadows and light sources is important to remember. There is no right or wrong way to create art, but there is a right way to create light and depth. Because you're using obvious light sources, you should keep an eye on the shadows of your render, otherwise you're gonna throw the look of your whole piece off. Imagine I'm drawing a picture from the bottom up of a Pokemon in the sunlight, say.. Sylveon. Now say all of the lines are done, colors done, and next is shading. (sorry these are sloppy i drew them up really fast)

Spoiler:

The sun is my obvious light source, so I would then make shadows on Sylveon according to the sun's position.
But, what if I did the opposite and put Sylveon's shadows in spots that would suggest the sun isn't there in the picture at all?

Spoiler:

Then it's pointless to even draw Sylveon in sunlight if I'm gonna do that, because the shadows wouldn't make sense and it would look really off right? Same thing for graphics.

One of arts most basic rules next to color theory is shadows and light. If you never heed those two things, your art will be stunted from growth as a result.

In the end it's up to you, but I hope this makes some sense.
i appreciate the examples and the whole explaining about light and stuff haha
thank you ♥ very kind of you​

These are awesome! Keep it up. :D Really like the use of vivid colour.

thanks! i appreciate you posting here ♥​

Pebbles

BE YOUR OWN HERO
Years
WLRxF3l.png
9dS4JXX.png

h7IGXOP.png

hulEUle.png

aQpIFuu.png

kpop graphics i made not long ago and also linkin park blends i made a while ago, what do you guys think of these? ♥​

CDB

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Mar 13, 2023
Your graphics have a really solid sense of color & movement, great job :)

The two latest linkin-park ones seem a little bleached - the yellow is a bit overpowering; not sure if that's intended or not, but they have a very faded-out look haha

Reunilu

of the Eastern Skies
Years
Huh. I figured you weren't a traditional tag maker/GFX artist like me or Johnny and your responses confirmed my suspicions. Not that it's a bad thing, I think your tags look quite nice, but they might look-I don't know-weird to a tag maker that's been at it for way longer than I have? The way I see it, a tag is not a tag if it's just aesthetically pleasing, there needs to be principles to my work other than lighting, but that's the way I learned/was taught GFX.

Anyway, just wanted to address that. I'm sorry if I sound offensive. ; ; I don't know if I'll come back to critique, just keep up the good work.

Pebbles

BE YOUR OWN HERO
Years
Your graphics have a really solid sense of color & movement, great job :)

The two latest linkin-park ones seem a little bleached - the yellow is a bit overpowering; not sure if that's intended or not, but they have a very faded-out look haha
the yellow effect like that was intended ^_^
thank you for the feedback and compliments, very much appreciated :pink_love:​

Huh. I figured you weren't a traditional tag maker/GFX artist like me or Johnny and your responses confirmed my suspicions. Not that it's a bad thing, I think your tags look quite nice, but they might look-I don't know-weird to a tag maker that's been at it for way longer than I have? The way I see it, a tag is not a tag if it's just aesthetically pleasing, there needs to be principles to my work other than lighting, but that's the way I learned/was taught GFX.

Anyway, just wanted to address that. I'm sorry if I sound offensive. ; ; I don't know if I'll come back to critique, just keep up the good work.
thank you for the feedback darling and the compliment ;)
i am taking the ''not a traditional graphic artist'' as a compliment:pink_laugh:
i like it that i am unique and got my own style
p.s. i love bravely games too!​

Pebbles

BE YOUR OWN HERO
Years
thank you for telling me what you truly think johnny, i shall try to return the favour asap

flower.png

poes.png

bird.png

beginner at photography , love to do it!
please do tell me what you guys think , thank you
:pink_love:​

Last edited:
Back