• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Game is out! First impressions?

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    PSA: From what I have seen. People who have Pokemon Scarlet are the ones having the most issues. Those with Violet are having general problems FPS Mostly. It seems like it might be because Koriadon has more movement and stuff needed for the game, while Moridon isn't full of movement.

This would explain why it seems like there are people having no problems while the other half are having terrible problems.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
    It's good fun so far. I enjoy the auto battle feature as it feels good for taking out the swarms of pokemon that pop up for some quick level gains early on. I do like that the pokemon are roughly the size they're supposed to be. Most of the music is good, but I've only heard one or two tracks that I would say are really great so far (completed 6 gyms and cleared the other two storylines). The characters are likable, and I enjoyed the titan questline. The other two are kinda mid, but there's nothing really wrong with them.

I think my biggest issue is just the framerate. There has been a couple of times where I've been running around and things have just slowed to a point where the game was wholly unplayable. My only other real gripe is that there's no level scaling for the number of badges you have which is something that would have been nice to have in an open world game.

soulzzii

We don't wanna watch the news, we just read statem
    Years
    • Seen May 16, 2023
    Can a patch actually fix the game's issues?

Seems like the Switch hardware is incapable of even properly running the game at all.

imo its more likely issues on coding on gf`s side than problems on the Switch hardware

NoobMaster_6ix9

NoobMaster
    Years
    The graphic issue, is this after the 1st Day Patch we are supposed to be getting? Or is it still without that patch because today is the official date of release?

Everything I've read says Day One patch will make everything smoother and was just curious. I know that isn't the best excuse, but people are also making the excuse that most people don't have internet, but now day, you can easily got to a Library or any free wifi spot to update the game. And that is coming from someone who lives in Tennessee whos internet is far behind much of the rest of the world.

Is the game too easy like Sword/Shield?

is the whole team EXP Share still forced?

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    Is the game too easy like Sword/Shield?

is the whole team EXP Share still forced?

Yeah. Team EXP Share will be forced for now on probably. Why they can't make it an option, I don't know. But we may as well get used to it.

And no, the game is not easy. It isn't extremly difficult either, but it is more difficult than some past games. You can make it harder for yourself if you don't do everything in order. As the Gyms, Bosses, and Titans all seem to be staggered to have a given route.

Like it looks like the laid out paths has 2 Gyms, Titan, 3rd Gym and then a Star Boss in that order by level. But you can do whatever you want. But there is no level scaling.

NoobMaster_6ix9

NoobMaster
    Years
    Yeah. Team EXP Share will be forced for now on probably. Why they can't make it an option, I don't know. But we may as well get used to it.

And no, the game is not easy. It isn't extremly difficult either, but it is more difficult than some past games. You can make it harder for yourself if you don't do everything in order. As the Gyms, Bosses, and Titans all seem to be staggered to have a given route.

Like it looks like the laid out paths has 2 Gyms, Titan, 3rd Gym and then a Star Boss in that order by level. But you can do whatever you want. But there is no level scaling.

I'm trying to make the game difficult without Nuzlocking. I'm not going to evolve my Sprigarito & only get experience points from catching the pokemon I want on my team or battling trainers. No grinding.

Similar to how I played Sword. I hate how easy the games have become.

Pokemon Black/White 2 was the pinnacle of the mainline games. Not too hard but not a cakewalk either.

Years
    Enjoying Scarlet very much. Luckily haven't encountered too many glitches / performance issues on my end.

Back