• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Game of the Month

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
Years
  • Oh man i made a mistake here, when i said NeoEras, i waanted to say NeoDragon game xD, plz. change my vote to protectors (no offense vk =/)

Atomic Reactor

Everything in it is scratch.
    Well, systems anyway.

darkerarceus

Advanced RM2K3-er
    Years
  • Pokemon Protectors
    because when I first joined Pokecommunity
    I supported the game forever (even if I didn't post for a while)
    and plus I improved my RM2K3 skills looking at the game
    and experimenting if I could do something similar like that.
    My results not perfect but good.
    So thats my long explanation of why I will choose
    Pokemon Protectors!

CP3

2Pac is still alive!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    I like to pick Pokemon Odyssey for Game of the Year

Waudby has been alot of effort into the game and it shows.

GKS

Retired Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2013
    I kinda would like if my game was up there for voting, ^_^;; So I was wondering... On another note, I agree. Everyone should have a chance.
    I placed your game's name on the list too, right now. I tried to get a lot of them up then put a link to the showcase so people could look at them themselves.
    So is this game of the month or game of the year?
    I usually don't like to pick a game that's "best" because I don't like this idea of competition among us. We are all developers who have a vision of a Pokemon Game.
    But Game of the Month and Game of the Year are two very different things to me.

Game of the Month is easier to pick. Going solely on updates and activity this past month (I think I'll include late November), It would be Pokemon: Odyssey by Waudby. He's done a good job keeping the interest in his thread this month and worked hard for it.

To be honest, I can't say what game of the year is. Have a look at my sig. to see the games I can't chose between (my own even :P). All developers I respect, with games I enjoy just looking at screenshots of. Also, since I'm being honest, I'd rather have the respect I have for others- shown back to me by the other developers, rather then have a banner in my thread for game of the year. It's easy for newbie members to vote for a game that has no effort but fancy screens.

The purpose of this competition is so members could express what they feel about these games, not only that, it allows game makers to try harder to have more pleasing games and it's kind of like a reward to know that people like someone's games. I know that many games have good effort in it, this will let people choose what they think shows the best potential or work of all these games.

Oh man i made a mistake here, when i said NeoEras, i waanted to say NeoDragon game xD, plz. change my vote to protectors (no offense vk =/)

I haven't added up the votes so don't worry.

I VOTE AMETHYST!!!! HAHA YEAH!!!!!

Please provide a reason in the future, I will count it anyway.

Hall Of Famer

Born as Hall of Famer
    Years
  • It should definitely go for Pokemon IR ---- 1000 replies already within half a year. Gotta give credits for those who keep working on their project despite the addition of schoolwork since this September.

jaysonic1991

Sphere Scripter
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2009
    It should definitely go for Pokemon IR ---- 1000 replies already within half a year. Gotta give credits for those who keep working on their project despite the addition of schoolwork since this September.

You can't base it off replies. Half of the replies in most threads are just ridiculous things like people asking "When is the demo out?" or "This hack iz grate". So don't base your vote off the amount of replies a game receives, because IMO it's a pretty bad indicator sometimes.

My vote however would have to go to Waudby with his Pokemon Odyssey. It's moving forward in leaps and bounds, wonderfully done.

(I hope the voting lines are still open. :P)

Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2010
    I vote for Pokemon: The Lost World. That game looks like a professional game and has beautiful custom graphics.

Riceeman

Spriter Guy
    Years
    • Seen Nov 25, 2011
    I vote for Pokemon Odyssey. It recently revealed that Wifi play is working, and having tried it, I know how great it is. It opens up completely new doors. Then there's the custom character, the awesome storyline and Dp graphics. A brilliant game, and I think deserves to win.

GKS

Retired Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2013
    I will wait for December to end for all the votes, then count them up. Only three more days.

GKS

Retired Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2013
    Pokemon Moonlight Version [RMXP], it looks like the creator has done a lot of work on it, I haven't heard of it much, but the thread shows really good screens as proof of work.

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    I vote for Pokemon Odyssey. It recently revealed that Wifi play is working, and having tried it, I know how great it is. It opens up completely new doors. Then there's the custom character, the awesome storyline and Dp graphics. A brilliant game, and I think deserves to win.
    Seconded. Although it's mostly using D/P/Pt and Kyledove graphics, a lot of work has been put into custom ones. But I think its main selling point is its features, which are some of the best in this forum. Especially since unlike most people (myself included), he's made them all from scratch, without a starter kit. If Odyssey doesn't deserve to win, I don't know what does.

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
    Years
  • I still can't decide on what game should take Game of the Year for me. In my last post I gave Odyssey game of the month. I don't know about game of the year though. It has only really picked up momentum recently after a lack lustre first demo and no updates for a while.. People should do a search and see what game was consistent throughout the year. Too be honest, while not my favourite game on this forum, I think maybe Pokemon Raptor by OmegaG was one of those games that had screenshots posted all the time and in near completion of the full game. If people think about it, you would have to agree with me that- THAT GAME was the game of 08.

GKS

Retired Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2013
    The voting has ended, everything would be counted up soon.

Nytkoi

Pokemon Copper!
    Years
  • Hey guys, just posting to say I think I'll be making all the award graphics and such. :3. Congrats to Raptor and Odyessy!
    Also; Why not there be a Game of the week as well? ;o

Last edited:

GKS

Retired Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2013
    Congratulations to Pokemon Odyssey for winning the game of the year competition. The creator of the game is Waudby, good job on the game.

Back