• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Gary's Mod (Beta 2 Released!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Hm, that's weird. Would you mind uploading your savegame somewhere so I can try? I mean, doesn't hurt to have another person look at it, right? Just upload it somewhere and send me a download link in a PM ;)

Drake Baku

Draconian Dragon Prince
Years
Hm, that's weird. Would you mind uploading your savegame somewhere so I can try? I mean, doesn't hurt to have another person look at it, right? Just upload it somewhere and send me a download link in a PM ;)

Kadabra an haunter evolve directly by the kink cable, which makes sense seeung its like an evolutiom stone
But i never heard of an system where you evolve a pokemon by an held item and evolution stone combo
Not even in future games
So i personally am guessing that may not be possible
So ill wait for the blazes to reply
It could very well be that those pokemon evolutions were overlooked as they are mostly post game possibilities normally (the items themself are all at sevetii unless you use an cheat (normally yoi can only get 1 metal coat but there are 2 that can evolve with it so when i cheated in the vs seaker, i figured why not do that as well)

Drake Baku

Draconian Dragon Prince
Years
Figured it out
I got steelix by in game trade
So i guess all item trades are in game trades now

And as such i reached the end of the current beta
Just a little note
Thunk i read it before but just in case
The flag that i traded kadabra for onix seems to fail getting set
I can once more trade a kadabra for an other onix to evolve

Teh Blazer

Divider of Zero
Years
still no reply on if your going to include mew XD

Haha that's going to be a secret ;)

I used patch 2.04. I don't have a 1.0 on the rom file name, nor a 1.1 or whatever, but I keep a copy of the clean rom and it works with every single hack I've tried which requires 1.0, so I'm assuming it's the unmodified version?

An easy way to tell is in the beginning of the game where it has the Gamefreak logo. If it just says "Gamefreak" then it's 1.0, but if it says "Gamefreak presents" then it's 1.1. But if you still have an old save where the problem occurs, I'd love to have a copy of it. :)

This is a seriously awesome hack! Heck, I only made this account because of this hack. I always liked the idea of playing as Gary and being just a general douchebag most of the journey and especially 1-uping my rival. Keep it up! Can't wait for Beta 3 really. This just has so much potential for it really. I made sure to go as far as I could and physically went ' aaw ' when I realized I got as far as I could

Thanks! Late game will have quite a few differences from the vanilla games, so hopefully uou don't get too bored playing haha.

Yes, I'm using patch 2.04 on what I think is a clean fire red 1.0 rom. I pulled the rom from my game I bought a couple years back at a games store.

If you want I can recreate the problem and screen capture. Don't know if that would help you.

Actually, if I'm understanding right, you're getting the incorrect sprites because you one-shot the pokemon before it could mega evolve? That's odd because they should mega evolve and then get one-shot, but it could be an issue with Touched's mega evolution script.

Found a bug

Alakazam has no ability installed
Likely a dollsteak point but still somethinf ro lool after

EDIT: tried to fix alakazam myzelf and noticed something else
the issue with its lack of an ability comes that the abra i caught had magic gaurd, which is set as its second ability, but alakazam for one reason or an other had nothing set down as second ability

but i also noticed it had no moves after lvl 18/19
this could be an issue due to some error message i got from the tool i was using, but it could also be an bug or oversight

also i noticed pigeot had something with its second ability but i forgot what that was
did not look into it further (or saved the fix) due to my kid XD
(though the lack of save is also due to alakazam and kadabra having no movepool further, making training it kinda useless)

Thanks for that, it's been fixed for the next beta. Alakazam does have moves past 18/19, so I think it is an error with the tool you were using.

This looks great ;o;, is this the first one where youre gary? and i enjoy that you vamped up digletts cave '3'

Haha thanks, it just seemed like a waste of potential when I saw how big gamefreak made the vanilla map and we only get to see a little bit of it.

Is staryu a trade or really unavailable cause the pokedex say's unknown location

Kangaskhan is listed in the dex as a : normal/type
Basically the image of the type logo is added

Also noticed various pokemon such as cubone and ponyta also being unlisted in the dex for location aside the staryu i mentioned before

Staryu is unavailable in beta 2 but will be available in beta 3. I just forgot to include it in the wild pokemon data haha.

Fixed Kangaskhan's typing issue. Cubone is available via event in the Catacombs and in the wild in the Catacombs. Ponyta isn't available in the current beta.

Looks interesting enough, I'll play it when it's completed

Thanks, hopefully you won't have to wait too long haha.

3e floor in celedon department store
There us a girl in the back but nothing happens when i talk to her

I see
Thankd
I got tge vs seaker by cheat now (always love to level and get money with it)

New question
Pokemon such as onix that evolve by trade with an item
How can we evolve it now
The link cable does not work so i began wondering

Completely forgot about the girl, thanks.
Vs Seeker isn't available in the game because I didn't script any rematches with the Vs Seeker, so having it was kinda useless.

Hiyaa I am one of your first fans, I just wanted to say Hi!

Hi! Have you had a chance to play the most recent beta?

Figured it out
I got steelix by in game trade
So i guess all item trades are in game trades now

And as such i reached the end of the current beta
Just a little note
Thunk i read it before but just in case
The flag that i traded kadabra for onix seems to fail getting set
I can once more trade a kadabra for an other onix to evolve

Ah, that's a big one. Thanks for that, I've fixed it for beta 3 now.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

I've been busy with my job so progress has been kind of limited, however I wanted to share a banner that PankajBlitz made. If you're dying over the hack and wanna show support, here's a cute little banner you can use. And if you have your own banner that you want the world to see, VM or PM it to me and I'll put it up in the thread for people to enjoy!

Drake Baku

Draconian Dragon Prince
Years
Thanks for the info and if i notice anything further i will report it ^^
Hopefully the nexr beta stage will be soon ^^

Years
Actually, if I'm understanding right, you're getting the incorrect sprites because you one-shot the pokemon before it could mega evolve? That's odd because they should mega evolve and then get one-shot, but it could be an issue with Touched's mega evolution script.

Yeah. The way it happens is:

1. the pokémon are sent out
2. "Enemy pokémon is reacting to Mega Stone"- text appears
3. (IF MY POKÉMON OHK'S THE OPPONENT) Due to my pokémon being faster and having a type advantage, I knock the pokémon out in one hit
4.Next pokémon (in order of how they appear on the opponent's team, not in the order in which they're sent out) has the sprite of the previously mega evolved pokémon

alternatively, the opposing pokémon survives the round in which it mega evolves and the mega evolved sprite is shown once the opposing pokémon performs a move.

Hope this description helps you. If you want, I can screen capture this and make the video available to you. Just let me know ;)

Years
  • Seen Aug 23, 2016
I'm a long time lurker, but have to make an exception to post this:

Thank you so much for making this hack. I've always wanted to play a Gary hack haha. Like, no joke, been something I've wanted for years. Gonna play the beta soon as I can, this is fantastic.

Question, does the game allow your rival to be either Red or the female protag of fire red? Just wondering because I like having both options, but it's just a personal preference thing, not complaining if it's not possible/not doable.

Years
I'm a long time lurker, but have to make an exception to post this:

Thank you so much for making this hack. I've always wanted to play a Gary hack haha. Like, no joke, been something I've wanted for years. Gonna play the beta soon as I can, this is fantastic.

Question, does the game allow your rival to be either Red or the female protag of fire red? Just wondering because I like having both options, but it's just a personal preference thing, not complaining if it's not possible/not doable.

Hey, it basically follows the story of Pokémon Yellow; so you can't choose which gender your rival has. So, if my memory doesn't betray me right now, your rival is basically Red how you would encounter him on Mt. Silver in Pokémon G/S/C/HG/SS.
Actually one of the reasons why it is one of my favourite ROM hacks. You get an Eevee as your starter ♥

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Jan 2, 2019
Hi! I was wondering if you've advertised this game on Reddit yet? I'm sure lots of Redditors would love to play this game.

Years
  • Seen Mar 23, 2024
While I was replaying this hack, as I wanted to see how well this syncs up with FRLG by playing them back to back, I tried to make my team Blue's team from GSC/HGSS and noticed my Alakazam had no ability.

Was this intentional?

Attachments

• Pokemon Trainer Blue_01.png
    Pokemon Trainer Blue_01.png
    7.2 KB · Views: 15
Years
While I was replaying this hack, as I wanted to see how well this syncs up with FRLG by playing them back to back, I tried to make my team Blue's team from GSC/HGSS and noticed my Alakazam had no ability.

Was this intentional?

I think that bug has already been reported and fixed by Teh Blazer for the next beta :)

Years
  • Seen Mar 23, 2024
I think that bug has already been reported and fixed by Teh Blazer for the next beta :)
Ah, if that's the case my bad. I've been so interested in this hack that I've read pretty much everything everyone's been talking about here, so I feel a little silly for missing that.

RomHackerFireRed

Can you make it this hack with DS style sprites please?

D4s

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Dec 25, 2016
Hey, great mod i'm loving to play it.
does anybody knows where can I find a moon stone to evolve my eevee

Years
  • Age 39
  • Seen Jan 17, 2017
Hey, great mod i'm loving to play it.
does anybody knows where can I find a moon stone to evolve my eevee

Pretty sure you can still find a moon stone in Mt. Moon. I can't remember for sure though because I haven't played the hack in a few weeks.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jun 9, 2020
First, I want to say how much I'm living this hack. Second, a few glitches to report. Grabbing the Old Amber and going to your key items freezes the game. Talking to badge checking guy on route 24 freezes the game. The Charmander you get from the egg doesn't know any moves. And a trainer in Rock Tunnel has a Pokémon that doesn't know any moves. Third, some questions. Approximately when is the next beta going to be done? And how would I transfer my save file when I do load it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back