• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen GB Player

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
Years
  • I'll be using it for 90% of the game XD

There is a "GBC Talking to Prof Oak in Mr Pokémon's house" theme in the Soundtrack so I guess you must get it pretty soon...

Wait actually there is a "GBC Intro theme (I and II)". Maybe it's a game option?

Years
    • Seen Jun 4, 2022
    1) Celedon Game Freak Building Place, 3rd Floor after defeating all 16 Gym Leaders.

2) It's a toggle thing, You 'use' it and it turns all music into G/S music, 'Use' it again and it turns it all back. I've registered it to the second Register Slot so I can toggle as I please on the bottom screen as I roam Johto/Kanto.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • This is something I will definitely take good use of. To listen to the original Gold and Silver game music will be a bonus to this game. Also, it has been said that you may also use the original sound during battle as well, so I think many with this will abuse enjoy this feature nevertheless.

Years
    • Seen Sep 24, 2010
    I want a action replay code just for this item.haha. I don't want to beat all 16 gyms :P

Years
    • Seen Oct 18, 2009
    Eh. It's cute, but I dunno if I'll use it often. They're also not exactly the old chiptunes, they're just in 8-Bit. But nostalgia's not much of a factor for me.

Fenrir Reki

Guardian of Destruction
    Years
  • I guess its a useful tool. I dont know if I will actually be using it though since I never really payed attention to the original G/S music. If I do though, I can have fun pokemon battles with original music!

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    Me and my blind self did not notice this thread... Sorry. :(

Anyway, I love this feature so much. Great job, Nintendo! :D

PrismoStar

Veteran Trainer
    Years
  • OMG! Nintendo has never ceased to amaze me. I thought I was re-living the old GBC days, but now...dang! I can do that with the old school music? YES! FREAKING AWESOME!!!!!! :D

Years
  • I always liked the original music, so I will definitely use this item. From looking at some videos on YouTube, though, they don't sound exactly the same, though (though they still sound great, for the most part). Ice Path, in particular, sounds a bit... muddier than the original. Oh well.

And the new songs are converted to 8-bit as well... cool.

Poliwhirled

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2009
    I always liked the original music, so I will definitely use this item. From looking at some videos on YouTube, though, they don't sound exactly the same, though (though they still sound great, for the most part). Ice Path, in particular, sounds a bit... muddier than the original. Oh well.

And the new songs are converted to 8-bit as well... cool.
    Youtube diminishes sound quality, so keep that in mind.

And it's kinda disheartening to see that everyone's just bashing and casting away the remixed music just so they can hug their 8-bit music.

The remixes aren't nearly getting enough credit. While I will admit some aren't as spectacular, the majority of them are simply stunning. (In my opinion at least)

Munch Dog

Growlithe!
    Years
  • I love the new mixes. Though I also loved the original music back in the days of G/S/C so it'll be hard deciding what to use when. Though I saw a few videos with people using the GB Player, it seems kind of weird, playing a DS style G/S playing with the original 8-bit music. Especially in battles. >.>

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I wont be needing it. The new music is better in my opinion. Its the perfect mix of nostalgia and new pop cuteness.

Back