• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

GBA ASM Programming

Blah

Free supporter
Years
I have a problem with your first routine. Here's what I got http://i.imgur.com/obuckLm.png
My code:
Spoiler:

I also tried those ( 03 B5 02 48 80 88 02 49 08 80 03 BD 84 42 02 02 D0 70 03 02 ) assembled numbers and still got the same result. Why is this happening?

Hi. If I'm understanding this correctly, you're trying to check the Pokemon's level (hence 0x02024284 + 0x54) ? Well a Pokemon's level is 0-100, which can be represented in hex as 1 byte (0x64 being 100)

Code:
    ldr r0, pokemon_data
    ldrh r0, [r0]
You're loading a half word (2 bytes) which is going to load something extra as well. Try ldrb instead of ldrh.

Years
Hi. If I'm understanding this correctly, you're trying to check the Pokemon's level (hence 0x02024284 + 0x54) ? Well a Pokemon's level is 0-100, which can be represented in hex as 1 byte (0x64 being 100)

Code:
    ldr r0, pokemon_data
    ldrh r0, [r0]
You're loading a half word (2 bytes) which is going to load something extra as well. Try ldrb instead of ldrh.

That routine seems to be a failure. You're trying to load the level but you're loading a halfword (two bytes).
Change "ldrh r0, [r0]" to "ldrb r0, [r0]"

It worked perfectly. Thank you!

WishMaker004

Dragon WishMaker
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Mar 8, 2016
The link is broken, I'd love to try this out, could somebody post a working link or file? I'll give you my email if I have to.

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 14, 2017
link to ASM pack doesn't work :\
edit: wait just read the above comment.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 15, 2020
i cant find a download for any asm compilers :( all these links arent working anymore anyone got a working one?

Bnthomason

The Dragon-Unicorn Hybrid Lover
Years
Where do I find the Asm code? It's not on the page? Trying to understand asm as painless and easy as possible, but I can't find the asm code needed for this project... anyone have a backup?

Back