• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

GCN, PS2, or XBOX?

GameCube, Playstation 2, or X-Box?

• Nintendo GameCube

Votes: 19 57.6%
  • Sony Playstation 2

Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Microsoft X-Box

Votes: 7 21.2%

• Total voters

aaaaaa

*shrug* PS2 outsells the GCN and the Xbox combined at my store. And it's the most expensive ($282AU for PS2, $137AU for GCN, $212AU for the Xbox).
    I have them all, but Squaresoft's PS2 outings have bought me the most pleasure.

jokestr2004

Good Command or File Name
    Years
  • Well, I pick GCN, not just because of the Nintendo-Fanboy I am... but polls prove its the favorite.

Sure, most polls "Which is your favorite Next-Gen console?" would say PS2... but GameFAQ's recent poll "Which console had the best E3 lineup" said GCN did, so, despite what most people choose, there's proof that Nintendo makes the "best" games.

Metroid Prime i think, was one of the best games of 02', a Nintendo Exclusive...

And aside from GCN, Nintendo itself has been the most successful video game company, owning two of the highest-selling games ever... SMB3 and Pokemon Yellow, and then some. LoZ: OoT is usually on many lists of the Best Game Ever, one of the 3 or 4 10.0 games on GameSpot and such. And I'm confident Nintendo will keep this up.

So I guess... simplified, my answer's GCN.

BladeForever

[-+= Black Knight =+-]
    Years
  • jokestr2004 said:
    Well, I pick GCN, not just because of the Nintendo-Fanboy I am... but polls prove its the favorite.

Sure, most polls "Which is your favorite Next-Gen console?" would say PS2... but GameFAQ's recent poll "Which console had the best E3 lineup" said GCN did, so, despite what most people choose, there's proof that Nintendo makes the "best" games.

Metroid Prime i think, was one of the best games of 02', a Nintendo Exclusive...

And aside from GCN, Nintendo itself has been the most successful video game company, owning two of the highest-selling games ever... SMB3 and Pokemon Yellow, and then some. LoZ: OoT is usually on many lists of the Best Game Ever, one of the 3 or 4 10.0 games on GameSpot and such. And I'm confident Nintendo will keep this up.

So I guess... simplified, my answer's GCN.

Hmm so you think just because a poll show's the overall amount of people like Nintendo better, means it has better games? nope that's defiantly not true.. Actually one of the main reason why it's so popular is because it aims for the younger audience in many of the games..(also it has been out for far longer then a PS2 or w/e so no surprise it has soo many votes) No I'm not saying that only young kids play it, just making a point. Yes Nintendo itself may have high selling game's but that doesent make it the best.. now it may be the best to some of you, but it doesent make it overall best because of how many copies of games are sold. Saying it's the best is like saying men are better then woman & Vice-Versa. Yes I am, and always will be a Nintendo Fan.. I grew up with it, and I always loved the games a lot.. Now that I matured I dont like it as much, but it still satisfys me from time. Like I said in a previous thread.. I like my PS2 & Nintendo systems equally. I cant possibly choose between them, because each have different games, with different styles.. so I switch between both of them until I'm satisfied.

~Blade~

Lokhlan

Formerly "Tendo"
    Years
  • Yeah, I'm also a huge Nintendo fanboy. Just a few years ago I'd have cursed the names of PS2 & Xbox, but now that kinda stuff just really doesn't matter to me anymore. I play & enjoy games on all consoles.

Deep down inside though, Nintendo will always be my #1.

jokestr2004

Years
  • BladeForever said:
    Hmm so you think just because a poll show's the overall amount of people like Nintendo better, means it has better games? nope that's defiantly not true.. Actually one of the main reason why it's so popular is because it aims for the younger audience in many of the games..(also it has been out for far longer then a PS2 or w/e so no surprise it has soo many votes) No I'm not saying that only young kids play it, just making a point. Yes Nintendo itself may have high selling game's but that doesent make it the best.. now it may be the best to some of you, but it doesent make it overall best because of how many copies of games are sold. Saying it's the best is like saying men are better then woman & Vice-Versa. Yes I am, and always will be a Nintendo Fan.. I grew up with it, and I always loved the games a lot.. Now that I matured I dont like it as much, but it still satisfys me from time. Like I said in a previous thread.. I like my PS2 & Nintendo systems equally. I cant possibly choose between them, because each have different games, with different styles.. so I switch between both of them until I'm satisfied.

~Blade~

You're right. I'm wrong. I'm Dumb. BLaH.]

But ummm yeah GCN aims for a wider array of audiences than PS2 and XBox. A lot of kids and teens love GCN games, while mostly teens and older prefer the other two...

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • You've gotta appreciate Nintendo for its longevity in the business (coming on 25 years of bringing us gaming satisfaction). Nintendo almost monopolizes the business when it comes to creating classic games and timeless characters. This is why games like SSB64 and SSBM are so popular. I don't think Sony or Microsoft can come up with games featuring characters diverse enough to make a successful SSB rip-off.

jokestr2004

Years
  • Heh, well put. Couldnt say it better myself... but uhh he's right... PS2 and XBox basically have the more 3rd-party support only because they actually NEED it to be successful. Nintendo has the ability to create extremely popular, and some legendary, characters without the aid of others, though they do get help from some of the best 3rd parties like Sega and Namco.

Still, why Rare was sold over to Microsoft is a complete mystery to me... oh well! Donkey Kong, StarFox, and hopefully Banjo-Kazooie will live on in the future of Nintendo.

Fox_Die

xlink kai user
    Years
  • My favorite is the PS2 and the GC, but I like PS2 more, becaue of GTA, Final Fantasy, Dark Cloud, Jade Cocoon, Kingdom Hearts, Tekken, Devil May Cry, Chaos Legion, but I dol like most GC games but PS2 is better

Shadow

Original Flavor Darkness
    Years
  • Lt. Surge said:
    My favorite is the PS2 and the GC, but I like PS2 more, becaue of GTA, Final Fantasy, Dark Cloud, Jade Cocoon, Kingdom Hearts, Tekken, Devil May Cry, Chaos Legion, but I dol like most GC games but PS2 is better
    *gasp* Someone else who likes Jade Cocoon. *dies of shock*

Well I like Gamecube. And Gamecube will almost definitly win this poll seeing as the last one of these it won as well. PokeCommunity is full of Gamecube fans. Yay!

Kyosuke

.·Simple Complexity
    Years
  • To tell you the truth I don't have a favourite, all of the systms have at least some good features about them its hard for me to compare, with the Metroid Series for Gamecube, The Final Fantasy and Gta series for PS2, and the Halo series (and hopefully Ninja Gaiden)for Xbox, but the system I have the most respect for is Gamecube because of the history behind it.

Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2010
    yeah my 100th post

i think playstation 2
    i never played on the playstation 1 much
    but playstation 2 is quite handy
    because you can play dvds,music (cd`s) plus playstaion 2 and 1 games

playstation 2 rules

Back