• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Gen 6 Special edition 3DS XL's

Years
    • Seen May 24, 2021
    I was looking forward to them when they were announced, but now that the Y-3DS was revealed to be gold I am somewhat disappointed. Probably going to get neither of them as I loath both blue and gold.

Romaov

Orra
    Years
    • Seen Oct 7, 2016
    I really don't think it's fair how the gold DS is japan only.

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
    Years
  • I love the gold version. It is beautiful. But I already have a 3DS. I wish they would sell it as a cover for both 3DS and the XL, not as a whole system.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • I am hoping this come to the US. I don't have a 3DS yet and would love to get the combo pack with a 3DSXL and Pokemon X.

I like both of them. Mainly the gold one. Love the Gold/Black combo.

And I doubt the price would be very high, that is if the are what the combos are in the US. I think the price of a normal 3DSXL is about $200 so I'd say about $250. (If they come to stores in the US.)

I have a habit of getting red systems. It be nice to change it. I just hope the X version matches the X mascot.

Last edited:
    Years
  • This may sound like an utterly stupid question, but can someone from outside of Japan order a 3ds and change the settings on both the installed game and 3ds interface to english? Or is there some sort of regional restriction.

Basically, is there any limitation with the hardward that would disallow someone from the US from using a Japanese imported 3DS?

The Local Joke

Trubbish in the Classroom
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 8, 2013
    This may sound like an utterly stupid question, but can someone from outside of Japan order a 3ds and change the settings on both the installed game and 3ds interface to english? Or is there some sort of regional restriction.

Basically, is there any limitation with the hardware that would disallow someone from the US from using a Japanese imported 3DS?

The systems are region locked. You'd have to import all your games from the same region to use a foreign 3DS. If they get released in your native region, hey, problem solved. However, if they don't get released in your region, with some effort you can still use the system.

Get two 3DSes or 3DS XLs, one being the region locked model you would like to use, and one being region locked to your own region. Youtube user iRepairFast has a video detailing the gutting of a 3DS XL to replace the screen. You can use this video as a guide (it's over 40 minutes long as very detailed) to take apart the systems. Take the innards from each system and then put them inside each other's cases. When you close them up, your native 3DS will now look identical to the foreign model, while the foreign 3DS will look like a native model. If you got two region-exclusive systems for this project, you could probably make a lot of money off this little job.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • According to Serebii: "Following its reveal earlier this month, it has now been confirmed that the special Gold Pokémon X & Y 3DS LL will not be sold exclusively at the Pokémon Centers in Japan as previously reported. In addition to that, the Gold Pokémon X & Y 3DS LL will also be available on the Japanese version of Amazon. Like noted before, it comes in an X Pack and a Y Pack, with each pack coming with the respective game preinstalled. Pre-orders are set to begin on August 10th" Not sure if this means it simply won't be restricted to one place in Japan or if it's saying it will be available world wide...hopefully it'll be worldwide.

Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2013
    I prefer the blue tbh, the gold is a little too flashy. We will most likely not see them in South Africa :(

Years
  • According to Serebii: "Following its reveal earlier this month, it has now been confirmed that the special Gold Pokémon X & Y 3DS LL will not be sold exclusively at the Pokémon Centers in Japan as previously reported. In addition to that, the Gold Pokémon X & Y 3DS LL will also be available on the Japanese version of Amazon. Like noted before, it comes in an X Pack and a Y Pack, with each pack coming with the respective game preinstalled. Pre-orders are set to begin on August 10th" Not sure if this means it simply won't be restricted to one place in Japan or if it's saying it will be available world wide...hopefully it'll be worldwide.

I just read this on Serebii...such a huge disappointment.

Nakala Pri

A lot on the plain side. Why go for X when you can go for P!!! That is... PIKA PI! >:D

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    I think that I need to put out that Neither of these 3DS' are version exclusive. They both come with either Y or X pre-downloaded onto them. There is no X specific 3DS or Y specific 3DS.

Shrew

is a Shrew
    Years
  • I've seen a blue and gold one. I find it odd that I haven't seen a red one released, despite X and Y's colors being blue and red. The reason why I'll never buy a decorated 3DS XL is because I don't like the XL.

Years
  • Oh my goooosh. ♥ I really wish I could get my hands on the new designs; they look wonderful. *_* While I love my blue 3DS, I might just and nab me one of these sometime in the future.

Years
    • Seen Sep 11, 2013
    I'm in love with the gold one, and since I've been suffering with the standard 3DS I would definitely considering getting the gold if it came to the U.S.

kgarra8649

Black 2= Beat in 1 day!!!!!
    Years
  • I don't own a 3DS or DSi yet, (I still prefer playing my GBA games!) but I might buy one now. Just not that one! It needs a better design.

HaiImNate

Ice Cream
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2013
    I really love the look of the blue 3DS. If I didn't already have a 3DS, that would definitely be the one that I would purchase. <3

Back