• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Gen 8 move animation project [DISCONTINUED]

DarrylBD99

Content Creator and Game Developer
Years
  • In Default essentials or gen 8 project plugin is there are move animations from gen 1 to 7

Firstly, project gen 8's animations are from default essentials. Secondly, they don't have any individual move animations for gen 6 and 7. The animations used for some are just default "type based" move animations. So for example, for all water type moves that don't have an animation, they use the water gun animation. And heck, default essentials don't even have the common animation for paralysis as far as I was aware.

DarrylBD99

Years
  • Just to confirm that there all moves animations for Default Essentials or Gen 8 Project besides for Gen 8.

Hum, I don't understand ^^"

In Default essentials or gen 8 project plugin is there are move animations from gen 1 to 7

Can you give a link?

I'm asking.

Huh... it seems that there has been a lot of miscommunication here.

DarrylBD99

Years
  • I was just asking that is there are all moves animations from gen 1 to gen 7.?
    Its few .this gen 8 project for animations. I was finding gen 5,6,7

Firstly, project gen 8's animations are from default essentials. Secondly, they don't have any individual move animations for gen 6 and 7. The animations used for some are just default "type based" move animations. So for example, for all water type moves that don't have an animation, they use the water gun animation. And heck, default essentials don't even have the common animation for paralysis as far as I was aware.

On and also, I am not sure about gen 4-5 moves if they have individual animations. But I am very sure most gen 1 and 2 moves got their own animation.

StCooler

Mayst thou thy peace discover.
    Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    I'm asking.

Huh... it seems that there has been a lot of miscommunication here.

Yes indeed.

@YashPokeFan For Arceus' sake, put a question mark when you ask questoins... I thought you were saying that there was already Gen 1-7 move animations somewhere.

I was just asking that is there are all moves animations from gen 1 to gen 7.?
    Its few .this gen 8 project for animations. I was finding gen 5,6,7

Besides, your question has an answer in the first post.

Content
    See this resource as an augmented version of the animations from Pokémon Reborn. Many new animations were added.
    In details, this pack contains:
    • All the animations for moves from Pokémon Reborn (which makes Gen 1-6 + around half of Gen 7 moves)
    • All the animations for moves from Pokémon Sword and Shield, including moves from the two DLCs
    • A few common animations
    • Many two-turn moves (Phantom Force, Dig, Fly, and such) were fixed to work with the current way Pokemon Essentials v18.1 handles animations.

What it DOES NOT contain:
    • This pack DOES NOT contain animations for Z-moves, at least not in a way that ZUD uses them.
    • This pack DOES NOT contain animations for Max-moves.
    • This pack also misses around ~35 move animations and ~30 common animations (see details below).

YashPokeFan123

#PokeFan
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2023
    Yes indeed.

@YashPokeFan For Arceus' sake, put a question mark when you ask questoins... I thought you were saying that there was already Gen 1-7 move animations somewhere.

Besides, your question has an answer in the first post.

Bro I m idiot I always don't read all things.

WolfPP

Spriter/ Pixel Artist
    Years
  • About gen 1-7 I believe you guys can get these animations from Pokémon Reborn/ Insurgence. They are free to use but you shall give credits to them.

StCooler

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    About gen 1-7 I believe you guys can get these animations from Pokémon Reborn/ Insurgence. They are free to use but you shall give credits to them.

We're using the animations from Reborn ^^
    Reborn doesn't have all animations, it misses the ones I listed in the main post.

I haven't thought of checking Insurgence's animations though, I'll check it out.

DarrylBD99

Years
  • We're using the animations from Reborn ^^
    Reborn doesn't have all animations, it misses the ones I listed in the main post.

I haven't thought of checking Insurgence's animations though, I'll check it out.

Well... the one thing that may be problematic for you is merging all the insurance animations without needing animations that aren't necessary. Also, don't forget possible sound effects and animation sheet clashing.

StCooler

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    Well... the one thing that may be problematic for you is merging all the insurance animations without needing animations that aren't necessary. Also, don't forget possible sound effects and animation sheet clashing.

You're right!
    But I dont' plan to extract all animations, only the ones that we need.
    Good point on the sound effects and animation sheets.

EDIT: Actually Insurgence doesn't have the missing animations (it has only a few animations).

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    For some reason, the new animations overwrite some of the old moves.

Examples of which are Ice Beam using the animation for Flame Charge, and Spark using the animation for Crunch.

StCooler

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    For some reason, the new animations overwrite some of the old moves.

Examples of which are Ice Beam using the animation for Flame Charge, and Spark using the animation for Crunch.

You need to compile your game.

Back