• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Gender Version Exclusives?

Years
  • Male/female version exclusives?
    I'm trying to find a male Litleo on my X, and all ten or so I've encountered are female!
    And so I asked my friend, and on his Y all he seems to find are male Litleo.

Anyone found any other possible gender version exclusives?

Years
  • If you've encountered a lot of female Litleo I guess you're just unlucky. The species has a 50-50 gender ratio. Same goes for your friend, he seems to just be unlucky when he was finding all those males.

I know that genders aren't specifically version exclusive if I remember.

Years
  • I'm up to about 20 female Litleos so I must be very unlucky xD

Just as it wasn't yet confirmed that they aren't gender version exclusive, I thought I might bring it up :3
    (Either that or yes I just have terrible luck. >_> )

EDIT: Nevermind! Just found my first male Litleo after about 25 female ones!

So maybe they're just rarer. Or I am very unlucky. Who knows?

Years
  • I do seem to find an abundance of female Pokemon in X. I'm trying to force myself to believe it's coincidence.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    Male/female version exclusives?
    I'm trying to find a male Litleo on my X, and all ten or so I've encountered are female!
    And so I asked my friend, and on his Y all he seems to find are male Litleo.

Anyone found any other possible gender version exclusives?

My brother has X and ran into only 2 Females his entire time searching for them. Everyone after those two were all Male.

I on the other hand only seem to run into the females.

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    Yeah what Hikari said, I don't think that there are any gender exclusiveness that depends on the game that you get, unlike certain pokemon and mega evos.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2013
    There isn't any connection. You're just having bad luck. Just try a couple more, you'll find the perfect boy Leo eventually.

Years
  • If you've encountered a lot of female Litleo I guess you're just unlucky. The species has a 50-50 gender ratio. Same goes for your friend, he seems to just be unlucky when he was finding all those males.

I know that genders aren't specifically version exclusive if I remember.

At least according to Serebii it's not (they say it's 25-75), so no surprise that you see Female litleos more often.

I'm still curious about this, though I highly doubt its gender ratio is 50-50.

hiff8

Gotta Derp em all
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2015
    That would be strange, koff~

I don't think it's necessarily true, but it would be an interesting mechanic, koffi~

If anything was gender excluse I would imagine it would be Meowstic, because of the stat diffrences

Also Coffee drink how soon can I get you in my Animal crossing town?

Water Gym Leader

Arlyn Aquos
    Years
  • What if it's not done by version but by the gender of the player? I haven't run across any Male Litleo's in X or Y and I'm playing as boys in both of those.

Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2013
    You must have been very unlucky 50/50 ratio, same as if you breed them.

Back