• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

General Game Dev Help and Requests

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Apr 30, 2012
    Last question I have for a while, I hope, how do you make a pokemon use surf?

cigarettes

Pokemon Slate Creator
    Years
  • Ok you use the change hero sprite to a hero on a pokemon then turn phasing mode on/start slipthrough on that should work i don't know because i have never tried it

Years
  • DMMP said:
    Last question I have for a while, I hope, how do you make a pokemon use surf?
    Ok I did something like this for pokemon rusty II.. It's not as simple as you think.. I added events all around the outside of the water so that if I tried to surf, it would ask me.. Then when I was transformed into the surfing sprite, I made the event which I had placed on the inside of the bridge-type thing or whatever, ask me if I'd like to stop. That stops people just surfing all over the bridge and walking on water. You have to use your own imagination to fill in the blank spots

Years
    • Seen Apr 30, 2012
    I have a preety good understanding of how this works. I have figited with the idea, and just would like to know, really now, how do you make it so that you can surf, but when you hit the water, you can actually surf, and are not stopped?

Years
  • DMMP said:
    I have a preety good understanding of how this works. I have figited with the idea, and just would like to know, really now, how do you make it so that you can surf, but when you hit the water, you can actually surf, and are not stopped?
    Change the tileset settings to make it so that water is a walkable tile :)
    That's why I had the events, put them on the same level as the hero so he can't walk onto the water

Years
    • Seen Apr 30, 2012
    Let me ask this then, then how do you make it so the hero is stopped from walking on the water? (Wait, duh, I figured it out, thanks for the help though.)

Last edited:
    Years
  • DMMP said:
    Let me ask this then, then how do you make it so the hero is stopped from walking on the water? (Wait, duh, I figured it out, thanks for the help though.)
    Ya it's what I said.. If there is an event (on the same level that the hero is on) in the way the hero cannot move there.. Doesn't matter if it has a charset or not

Years
    • Seen Apr 30, 2012
    Yeah, an Idea just popped into my head, I just tested it in my game, and it works. It helped that some was explained to me though, as it made it easier. But, I now, in my game, have a fully functional surf. I ended up using a variable to determine if you were surfing or not, and then one to determine if you had a pokemon that could surf or not.

Years
  • DMMP said:
    Yeah, an Idea just popped into my head, I just tested it in my game, and it works. It helped that some was explained to me though, as it made it easier. But, I now, in my game, have a fully functional surf. I ended up using a variable to determine if you were surfing or not, and then one to determine if you had a pokemon that could surf or not.
    Oh alright.. I'm sure a switch would've worked too

Pokemon Master Joe

I am Joe the EchidnaFox!
    Years
  • I haven't been here for awhile,so how do you stop an event from happening more than once?If Possible,use screenshots to help me understand better.

Years
  • Pokemon Master Joe said:
    I haven't been here for awhile,so how do you stop an event from happening more than once?If Possible,use screenshots to help me understand better.
    I don't quite understand... Do you have it set to parallel proccess or autostart?
    Just select the erase event command.

Bustin Pika

Person o.o
    Years
  • dum question: how do i name a character? i mean once ive selected enter hero name, how do i make the character's name be in the game?

cigarettes

Pokemon Slate Creator
    Years
  • \n[0] will automatically state the name of the party leader, if you find that useful.
    Cigarettes :chinese:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back