• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

General game making help

Status
Not open for further replies.

flamemaster

No school like the old school
Years
    • MI
    • Seen Mar 23, 2016
    Did you try the two maps trick thepsynergist suggested, or did you just switch the event to autorun? If you tried the trick and it didn't work, can you post some screenshots of how you have the event set up so we can try to see any flaws?
    i tried the method psyenergist said. this is a sample of just a random event, (it happens to every event i make, even if i make a new game)
    Spoiler:

what happens is that the event just keeps going to the lower right forever.

Last edited:

Zadow

Pokemon Ebony Developer
    Years
  • @flamemaster
    I'm fairly certain of what your problem is, under your movement in the event, try adding the command "Wait for Moves Completion" This way it knows not to repeat the event until it's done making the set of moves. Let me know if that works. :)

flamemaster

No school like the old school
    Years
    • MI
    • Seen Mar 23, 2016
    @flamemaster
    I'm fairly certain of what your problem is, under your movement in the event, try adding the command "Wait for Moves Completion" This way it knows not to repeat the event until it's done making the set of moves. Let me know if that works. :)
    >_< how could i be so stupid! Thanks Zadow, it works now!

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    sorry, i dont understand "confused".
    Let's me make a example:

OAXAO
    OAOAO
    QAYAO
    OAOAO
    OAZAO

You want to take Z to X, but Y is in the way and A isn't passable. Make Y Through ON, move left, left again (on Q) and make Through OFF. Now Z can go to X.

I need a bit of help..
    I've been working on my Pokemon game for over a year now, And now that it is coming into fruition, I fear it's looking too much like other people's games...
    The black background's which I adored to pioneer are now in Black and White and in a ton of fan games...
    The ideas ive had of object placement are now outdated because of my old Leafgreen/FireRed Tiles... etc...
    What should I do? Should I redo all the overworld sprites,
    or just leave em and hope that people will respect that.
    I need an outside opinion.
    If you make some custom sprites, don't think of change.
    Only change if you really want much to change this. In some cases the people are using even the gen 2 sprites.
    Anyway, I prefer the gen 3 ow sprites that the gen 4/5 ones.

Years
    • Seen Nov 3, 2016
    Hi, I'm making a game using RPG Maker XP, and I have come across a problem that I cannot solve. I am trying to make an event that moves in a square continuously (similar to the dancers in Iccirus City) but I cannot get it to work. If I create a move route command in it and set it to autorun, the player freezes, and if I give the event an autonomous move route, it doesn't move frequently enough. Does anybody know how I could get about solving this problem?

Winneon

[b][color=#fb0120]しょう[/color][color=#fc6d24]が[/col
    Years
  • I have come across a problem. I searched for it and I can't find anywhere on the web.
    On, RMXP, using the Pokemon Essentials Kit, I can't seem to edit the intro script (Players Starting Position). RMXP won't let me. Does anyone know how to fix this problem???

Years
    • Seen Nov 3, 2016
    I have come across a problem. I searched for it and I can't find anywhere on the web.
    On, RMXP, using the Pokemon Essentials Kit, I can't seem to edit the intro script (Players Starting Position). RMXP won't let me. Does anyone know how to fix this problem???

If you go into the intro event, somewhere near the bottom there should be a command called: 'Transfer Player:[025: Test Map 2], (011,006), Up'. Right click on it and then click 'edit'. Click the drop-down arrow beneath 'direct appointment' and select the map and co-ordinates you want the player to start on from there.

Winneon

Years
  • In my game, in the very beginning after the intro, there is supposed to be an earthquake. The Autorun Screen shake command is not working! The game just freezes! I can't move or anything! Please help!

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2012
    Hey I'm having this problem with the movement of the main character.
    I test play Crazyninjaguy's starter kit in RPG Maker XP click on new game and the main character starts moving to the left all by its self. I can't move up or to the right with the arrow keys but i can move down. I took out all my input devices to see if they were doing something but it still moves to the left with the mouse and keyboard unplugged. I also have the same problem when playing pokemon raptor ex
    please help

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    In my game, in the very beginning after the intro, there is supposed to be an earthquake. The Autorun Screen shake command is not working! The game just freezes! I can't move or anything! Please help!
    If is RPG Maker, after the quake use set an auto-switch ON and create a blank page at the same event with high number that activates when the auto-switch is on.

Winneon

Years
  • How do you change the Pokemon logo into the cool version?
    Example:
    Was:
    General game making help

Now:
    General game making help

The logo is now green with differnt shades. How do I do something like that?

Rossay

Quack quack
    Years
  • How do you change the Pokemon logo into the cool version?
    Example:
    Was:
    General game making help

Now:
    General game making help

The logo is now green with differnt shades. How do I do something like that?

Lol. There are these wonderful programs such as Photoshop & GIMP which people use for graphics-related work. They will allow you to recolour images.

Winneon

Years
  • Oh...So I can use GIMP for this? I have both Photoshop & GIMP. Thanks!

Years
  • How do I change the entire resolution, to a desired size?? (240x160) (like all of the sprites and the windows) I can do it in options, but it is not permanent, please help.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Oh...So I can use GIMP for this? I have both Photoshop & GIMP. Thanks!
    Photoshop might be better. I think something like selective colouring was used to make the effects you want, along with some layer styles.

How do I change the entire resolution, to a desired size?? (240x160) (like all of the sprites and the windows) I can do it in options, but it is not permanent, please help.
    Press F11 in RMXP to go to your scripts, scroll down to "SpriteResizer", and the window size is at lines 10 and 11 or so. Remember to make the numbers double what you really want (RMXP size).

Winneon

Years
  • You can also go to the script called PokemonOptions and change the 1 in @screensize=1 to any number you want.

Rai Rai

Master of everything!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2012
    You can also go to the script called PokemonOptions and change the 1 in @screensize=1 to any number you want.

That's the same thing lol. It just inverts the screen size options to the half size being first.

Winneon

Years
  • where can I make a tread about recruiting my game dev team besides the team recruitment thread?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back