• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

General game making help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • UK
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    How do i make an event (not the player) set as always on top through a script call, and then remove the always on top?

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
    Years
    • Seen today
    How do i make an event (not the player) set as always on top through a script call, and then remove the always on top?
    I have not tested it, but try the line "$game_map.events[@event_id].always_on_top=true".
    Maybe is necessary to put after "$game_map.need_refresh = true". You can change the @event_id with event id.

Last edited:

Tranitar

Working on Pokémon Wraith
    Years
  • Using Poccil's starter kit. Im doing the event where I get the Pokédex and its on the first route the Prof talks to you, then your supposed to me down and the prof moves where you were and walks back up into the first town. but instead all your character does is moves down and the prof stays in place. Ill have a video coming soon.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPqcTiKTdB0

Last edited:

KitsuneKouta

狐 康太
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2017
    I've got a bit of a problem with refreshing some graphics. I've got it set up display the X,Y coordinates of the mouse on-screen (for debugging purposes), which works just fine, but I've found that each time the mouse moves and the number changes, it just displays it on top of the previous number, and about 2-3 seconds later it finally disposes of SOME of the stacked numbers behind.

If I set a wait command before calling the class to display the text, then if i let the mouse sit for a second it erases most stacked numbers behind. Any ideas on how to completely get rid of it (and faster)? (I'm using Essentials, but I can't see that it'd make much difference. It's just a refreshing problem. It's in the main loop of Scene_Map if that helps at all).

EDIT: The numbers that stick on the screen are the coordinates of the mouse when the game first starts up. (i.e. if you start with the mouse at 20x20, that will permanently remain in the back). The other numbers are just disposed of slowly.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 2, 2011
    hello guys, i want to ask you: how do i animate my pokemons in battle like in gen 5? can somebody explain or find a tut?i've heard something about replacing the images with the .gif files, but i cant find an gif pokemon files.

Years
    • Seen Sep 2, 2011
    Ah, thank you very much..;)

hmm im having trouble resizing it. Colors show all messy when i edit it in any program i've used. Plus when i save it, it just wont move as a gif anymore.

Last edited:
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    i know, i haven't found a program that will resize them properly. I'm having to re-animated them in photoshop by hand after resizing

Years
    • Seen Jan 27, 2018
    Posting for some minor script advice,to make my game I have created a copy of the original pokeessential and made my changes in the first one while learning stuff like Gymbattle etc.But stuff like team rocket attack and leave are not explained clearly,which is why I am trying to figure it on my own.

Thing is if you want a event to get away from a map is the only way to make him walk him out of the map's visibility zone?
    .Also when the second time player comes to the same spot,the event which is supposed to be one time only is to go,I put a blank in the normal event page,then switch ON for the time the event will takeplace and OFF after the event is done..is there a easier way or is it the only way?

Also,I happen to find many links like ttp://fc04.deviantart.net/fs36/f/2008/262/a/7/DP_tiles_for_public_by_Kymotonian.png(removed the h cos :o)

So,I wanna know how to convert them to proper usable tiles.(ofcourse I used the given link as a example and won't use without asking them.)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 2, 2011
    Maybe this isn't the right place to ask, but can somebody rip me prof. Rowan's briefcase WHEN choosing a starter, with the 3 Pokeballs in it.

Years
  • ---------------------------
    Pokemon Essentials
    ---------------------------
    Exception: RuntimeError

Message: Required entry Compatibility is missing or empty in section 531 (PBS/pokemon.txt)

Compiler:2189:in `pbCompilePokemonData'

Compiler:2180:in `each'

Compiler:2180:in `pbCompilePokemonData'

Compiler:2179:in `each'

Compiler:2179:in `pbCompilePokemonData'

Compiler:2165:in `pbEachFileSection'

Compiler:1607:in `pbEachFileSectionEx'

Compiler:1569:in `each_line'

Compiler:1569:in `pbEachFileSectionEx'

Compiler:1607:in `pbEachFileSection'

This exception was logged in

CUsers\SuperDryBones9000\Saved Games/Pokemon Invasion/errorlog.txt.

Press Ctrl+C to copy this message to the clipboard.
    OK
    I get this error, but there's nothing wrong with that script section. Is there?
    [531]
    Name=AUDINO
    InternalName=AUDINO
    Kind=Hearing
    Pokedex=Its auditory sense is astounding. It has a radar-like ability to understand its surrounding through slight sounds.
    Type1=NORMAL
    BaseStats=103,60,86,50,60,86
    Rareness=255
    BaseEXP=255
    Happiness=70
    GrowthRate=Medium
    StepsToHatch=5355
    Color=Pink
    EffortPoints=2,0,0,0,0,0
    Abilities=CUTECHARM,SERENEGRACE
    Compatability=6,6
    Height=1.1
    Weight=31.0
    GenderRate=Female50Percent
    Moves=1,POUND,1,GROWL,1,HELPINGHAND,5,REFRESH,10,DOUBLESLAP,15,ATTRACT,20,SECRETPOWER,25,SING,30,TAKEDOWN,35,HEALPULSE,40,RECOVER,45,HYPERBEAM,50,DOUBLEEDGE,55,LASTRESORT
    EggMoves=AMNESIA,COVET,ENCORE,HEALINGWISH,HEALBELL,LUCKYCHANT,SLEEPTALK,SWEETKISS,WISH,YAWN
    Evolutions=
    BattlerPlayerY=15
    BattlerEnemyY=15
    BattlerAltitude=0

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back