• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help Thread: General Questions & Answers Thread

Have you ever found a shiny?

• Yes

Votes: 30 49.2%
  • No

Votes: 17 27.9%
  • Yes, but I lost it!

Votes: 14 23.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Aug 23, 2014
Championship 2015

What game will be played at the 2015 Championship?
The X/Y or the newly Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire?
I'm just curious, sorry for the question.

Years
HELP, STARTING MY ADVENTURE

Hello trainers!

So today, I put myself to the challenge of literally having every single pokemon. So I recently ordered a Gameboy Advance SP to embark on my journey. The thing is, i'm not sure in what order to play the games to catch them all. I'm not going to recatch the pokemon, i'm simply going to catch the new gen pokemons or ones exclusive to a version.

I hope you all understand what i'm saying.

One of my buds said to start with Ruby, Sapphire, Fire Red, Emerald in that order, but can all those be transfferd into a DS Lite then into a 3DS on my current X Save? Thanks!

Please tell me if there's a better method to catch them all!

Keromatsu

Froakie is Awesome!
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2021
Hello trainers!

So today, I put myself to the challenge of literally having every single pokemon. So I recently ordered a Gameboy Advance SP to embark on my journey. The thing is, i'm not sure in what order to play the games to catch them all. I'm not going to recatch the pokemon, i'm simply going to catch the new gen pokemons or ones exclusive to a version.

I hope you all understand what i'm saying.

One of my buds said to start with Ruby, Sapphire, Fire Red, Emerald in that order, but can all those be transfferd into a DS Lite then into a 3DS on my current X Save? Thanks!

i think it belongs to the Pokemon General Forum ask a mod to move it :D (Please tell me if me telling a guy to ask thread to be move allowed)
Yea you can transfer them through DS lite and you need Pokemon Bank to put them on your current X save

cjcman95

codycarol95
Years
i think it belongs to the Pokemon General Forum ask a mod to move it :D (Please tell me if me telling a guy to ask thread to be move allowed)
Yea you can transfer them through DS lite and you need Pokemon Bank to put them on your current X save
it doesn't exactly have to be there. it could also belong in this section. he is trying to get feedbacks

bobandbill

one more time
Years
it doesn't exactly have to be there. it could also belong in this section. he is trying to get feedbacks
Actually, it doesn't belong in this section. This section is specifically for feedback about the forum or other Pokecommunity things like the IRC.

I think I can answer it (or at least repeat the above answer in some more detail) but I will also move this. =p If you have other questions though, do check out the Pokemon gaming sections we have - they have Help/Q&A thread stickies for these sorts of questions.

On the order - well, that's up to you. It does make sense to play Emerald last as the order your friend gave is the order the games came out. Note though that 4th and 5th gen games do have a lot of the exclusives that previous gen games have - you may want to look them up. Ruby and Sapphire are fairly similar, as is Emerald (albeit with a few more things to do in it).

Pokemon caught in gen three games like those can indeed be transferred to X via a DS Lite first of all (or regular DS; just not the DSi). You need to transfer from a third gen game to a four gen game (Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, HeartGold and SoulSilver). To be able to transfer, you also need to have beaten the 4th gen game and unlocked Pal Park on it, the feature that allows for transferring. More information here: http://www.serebii.net/diamondpearl/palpark.shtml http://www.serebii.net/heartgoldsoulsilver/palpark.shtml DPPt allows you to transfer 6 Pokemon a day, while HGSS allows 6 Pokemon at a time, as many times per day as you want.

After that, you need access to two DSs or 3DSs (e.g. one DS Lite, one 3DS is fine) to transfer those Pokemon to a 5th generation game (Black and White, or B2W2). Again, you need to beat the 5th gen game and unlock its transfer system. http://www.serebii.net/blackwhite/poketransfer.shtml

Finally, you can then transfer the Pokemon in the 5th gen game to Bank. So in the end, you need at least one (beaten) game from gen three, four and five (and of course X or Y and Bank), and the DS Lite on top of your 3DS will be enough for transferring.

Good luck on your challenge btw!

Years
Okay, sorry if I had posted on the wrong forum section, I'm new here lol.
So pretty much what I need to do, is acquire the games from third gen complete them and capture the pokemon, and transfer them into
a fourth gen on a DS Lite then onto a fifth gen then to my X file. Sounds quite simple but a difficult task haha. Now actually, what do YOU think is the best method to acquire them all? From the ones that are catch-able.

Please, I would like alot of feedback on the best method to catch them all. I want to be hopefully ready by the new gen! :15:

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Okay, sorry if I had posted on the wrong forum section, I'm new here lol.
So pretty much what I need to do, is acquire the games from third gen complete them and capture the pokemon, and transfer them into
a fourth gen on a DS Lite then onto a fifth gen then to my X file. Sounds quite simple but a difficult task haha. Now actually, what do YOU think is the best method to acquire them all? From the ones that are catch-able.

Please, I would like alot of feedback on the best method to catch them all. I want to be hopefully ready by the new gen! :15:
I would think that a mixture of the two 5th gen games, one fourth, and maybe one third is all you need for the vast majority, but probably just two 4th gen games and a fourth gen would get you a large amount already. I would need to check it though and that's a timely process. Note however that you would need to play some games a few times or use trades if you wanted all the starter Pokemon, so in that case

From third gen games, I would suggest either of FR or LG, because with Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald, they're being remade in a few months in ORAS anyways, so if you were considering getting one of those it's going to be a similar experience to those (just with fancier graphics and etc). If you wanted all the Hoenn starters and are getting one of OR/AS, you only need to play one of RSE because HGSS offers you a Hoenn starter too after beating the game and other stuff. If that's the case, go for Emerald as it's the 'updated' version of RS.

You can't get the 4th gen starters (Piplup, Chimchar and Turtwig) outside of DPPt however, so either you play three of those/play it three times, or you go for trades (which probably would be easier!). If you want to play only one of Diamond/Pearl/Platinum, definitely go for Platinum (again, it's the updated version of DP). Either of HGSS are fine and worth playing too, and note again their have their own starter Pokemon you cannot get outside of those games besides trading.

Play one of Black or White, and the same with Black2/White2. Again, for all the 5th gen starter Pokemon (Oshawott, Tepig and Snivy) you'd need to play a 5th gen game three times, or just get the starters you missed via trading in 6th gen.

tl;dr - if you are going to buy ORAS, I would just suggest playing one of FireRed/LeafGreen, Platinum, one of HeartGold/SoulSilver, one of Black/White, one of Black2/White2 (because it's fun to play the older games too imo, and those imo are the best picks that cover all bases). The few Pokemon you will miss from those (starter Pokemon not chosen) you can trade for. For doing that, you could always breed the starter Pokemon you do have with a Ditto and offer them on the GTS for the starters you do not have, or try the Quick Trade thread on the forums here (in the Trade Forum section). Hope that helps!

Years
I started the longest journey...

I wanted all your guys'/gals' help on this one!

I literally bought a Gameboy Advance SP (woohoo!) and Pokemon Sapphire (not Alpha :kec:).

Why you may ask? Well I want to become the true Pokemon Master by having EVERY Pokemon in the all the games together from GBA-3DS games. So I decided to begin my adventure with playing Sapphire Version first, then onto Ruby and so forth.

Now, here's where YOU come in and help me :D!

From your opinion, what is the best method to obtain all the Pokemon? **By playing all the games if possible; and in what order should I play the games?

My goal is to complete the Region Dex in all of the games then worry for Nat. Dex on Current gen.

:furretlock:

Years
You will need to have 2 GBAs, a link cable, at least one DS, and at least one 3DS, and Pokemon Bank, so if you don't have that stuff, you better get it. I suggest starting with Gen III and going on from oldest to newest, because then you would not have to worry about catching stuff in more than one game, you would just transfer it.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
You will need to have 2 GBAs, a link cable, at least one DS, and at least one 3DS, and Pokemon Bank, so if you don't have that stuff, you better get it. I suggest starting with Gen III and going on from oldest to newest, because then you would not have to worry about catching stuff in more than one game, you would just transfer it.

I second this post. If you want to complete your Dex only in generation three, however, then you wouldn't need DS, 3DS, or Pokémon Bank; just two GBA systems, so that you could trade between them and whatnot.

Also, this thread would fit better in questions thread, so I'm merging it with that, if you don't mind!

Merged.

Years
  • Seen Jun 17, 2021
Hey, guys. I just want to know the reason the Nidorina and the Nidoqueen belong in the Undiscovered Egg Group, meaning that they cannot be bred with any male Pokémon in any Pokémon main games at all? Please let me know when you've got a reply or a response, whatever, thanks. ;)

Years
Hey, guys. I just want to know the reason the Nidorina and the Nidoqueen belong in the Undiscovered Egg Group, meaning that they cannot be bred with any male Pokémon in any Pokémon main games at all? Please let me know when you've got a reply or a response, whatever, thanks. ;)

There isn't a known reason for that. It could be that there were technical issues back when they first made it that way, and they just left it unsolved for the sake of continuity.
Also a friendly advice, google really is your friend on this one, what I told you can be found on the first and second link if you google "why cant Nidorina breed". Not trying to minimod, just an advice :)

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Nov 29, 2015
Pokemon Trainer's Club Newsletter

Does anybody ever get it?

I've been opted in for a long time and was supposed to get the heracronite download code today however I never received the newsletter.

In fact I've never even received a news letter from them ever.

(Yes my box to receive info from them is checked off on the website)

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I don't believe I fully understand as to how Pokémon Trainer's Club work, sadly, as I've never looked into it before. To receive their newsletter, do you have to register and subscribe?

Also, if you're not receiving their mails, I'd suggest you to check your spam folder to see if they're getting stored there, by chance. If not, another thing you could do is switching e-mail address of your Club account. Hope this helps!

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Nov 29, 2015
I don't believe I fully understand as to how Pokémon Trainer's Club work, sadly, as I've never looked into it before. To receive their newsletter, do you have to register and subscribe?

Also, if you're not receiving their mails, I'd suggest you to check your spam folder to see if they're getting stored there, by chance. If not, another thing you could do is switching e-mail address of your Club account. Hope this helps!

yah you have to register and subscribe by ticking off a box and mine is clearly checked off.

nothing in my spam folder. i switched my email from a hotmail address to a gmail address to see if something will work.

also, i emailed their tech support, but apparently they've been flooded with complaints about not getting the distribution code so its going to take forever for them to get back to me.

nonetheless, has anyone had this experience or even a positive experience with pokemon trainers club news letter?

I emailed nintendo regarding the heracronite/pinsirite distribution and this is what i got in response-

"
Hello,
Thank you for contacting Pokémon Support.
The September Newsletter with the Mega Stone code is being sent out in batches. Please note that it may take up to a week or longer before all of the newsletters have been sent out. We appreciate your patience!
Thank you,
Pokémon Support Team"

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
There you have your answer! =)

Anyhow, this topic would most likely fit better within our help thread, so I'm going ahead and merging it with that.

Merged.

Musicality

~Musical Melodies~
Years
Too many Mega Evolutions?

The thread title says it all.

There are currently 54 released Mega Evolutions, and we all know that with the introduction of OR/AS, the Mega Evolution numbers are going to increase yet again. There are currently 15 known and unreleased Megas if you count the Primal duo as evolutions, which they in fact are. This will bring the grand total to 69, with much more to come.

Mega evolutions used to be an exclusive thing when they were released. The first few Pokemon that had it were given the godlike treatment, and many of them skyrocketed in usage both casually and in the competitive Pokemon scene as a result. As new games are being released, so will mega evolutions. So the question here arises: What will happen to the Pokemon that don't receive a Mega Evolution as time passes by?

The fear here is that the entire metagame, over time, will become saturated with mega evoltuions and those pokemon that haven't been given the treatment will fall by the wayside if they don't have a monstrous BST or outstanding qualities. The stats don't lie, many Mega Evolutions have made their mark in the competitive scene, and sooner or later those that don't have mega evoltuions will slowly become unable to hold their own against their stat boosted counterparts.

This is just some food for thought, discuss away! Please do refrain from letting arguments becoming overly heated, and all the general forum rules. We're all Pokebros. ^^

Years
  • Age 43
  • Seen Nov 25, 2014
My answer is yes. I never liked the mega evolution sh.t but I could embrace if it was just a few Pokemon and if it was to bring some balance like making the weak ones stronger not op the strong ones, but the way it is now...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back