• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: General Roleplay Discussion Thread "the RPD" (archived)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
Years
I feel a little awkward joining in Rps that have already been going on for...ages, you know? Also I feel like the amount of text I can put out isn't as good as most, which is kind of why I haven't joined any yet..

I feel exactly the same way. I really hate joining RPs that have been going a while, since most people are already deeply involved in the game and it just seems like you're... kind of butting in, not to mention the whole 'Being caught up to speed' too.

That said, I -am- kinda looking for a new RP of some sort for me to join, and I'm definitely willing to take a look at already-running RPs. So... anyone want to throw me a suggestion as to what I could join? :3

Or perhaps, someone has an RP brewing that they'd like to tell people about?

Last edited:

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
Years
... Oh damn, I forgot to let them know I left <_< Since Claire disappeared, it kind of just peetered out, since we did a sort of joined-sign up. I'll be sure to write to the GMs and let them know right away :P Sorry.

Sephear

Believe in the you that believes in cheese
Years
I feel exactly the same way. I really hate joining RPs that have been going a while, since most people are already deeply involved in the game and it just seems like you're... kind of butting in, not to mention the whole 'Being caught up to speed' too.

That said, I -am- kinda looking for a new RP of some sort for me to join, and I'm definitely willing to take a look at already-running RPs. So... anyone want to throw me a suggestion as to what I could join? :3

Or perhaps, someone has an RP brewing that they'd like to tell people about?

SB ermahgerd SB, first of all hey! it's been a while buddy :3

Second of all if you need an RP to join look at Vale It is in progress but only day 2 and not much at all has really happened yet :D

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
Years
SB ermahgerd SB, first of all hey! it's been a while buddy :3

Second of all if you need an RP to join look at Vale It is in progress but only day 2 and not much at all has really happened yet :D

Firstly, hey Seph! Long time no see! :D

Secondly, I god damn -love- your sig. Sanji <3

Thirdly, I checked it out and it looks interestingly enough. Kind of like that RP Swifty made at one point. I think I'll write to the GM and ask for a summary and maybe try to set up some way of me to join. No promises, but :P

Sephear

Believe in the you that believes in cheese
Years
Why thank you sir I'm pretty proud of it :D

And I'm sure you'll enjoy Vale, and Colony will have no trouble getting you up to speed.

Gilded Halls WAS great, I only wish it could have stayed up, busy lives are the doom of RPs, but stuff happens. As we all know you know real life takes precedence and all that jazz we've all heard a million times.

Years
Scyke and I have been working on a remake of the RP I originally co-GMed with Resolutions a while ago - Connections. There will be a few pretty significant changes to make it more accessible and easier to get into but that should be out soon.

I am also working on an RP with Nakuzami which occurs in the future where after a meteor impact some humans started to develop supernatural gifts. It is an RP following social and political struggles, the development of the characters and a battle against a mysterious evil that strains relationships between Gifted and Ungifted so long near to breaking point.

I have that dinosaur one too, but it starts with a plane crash so I'm a bit hesitant to submit it after recent events.

I also have a spot open in my on-going RP the Hoenn Diaries I believe. So yeah, there you go SB xD

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
Years
Sounds interesting, Gimme! Honestly, you shouldn't worry too much about offending someone :P People should be able to not be offended by someone posting an RP where something happens that may or may not also have recently happened IRL. It's not like you're targetting someone and mocking them, it's just part of your story.

As for Diaries, I'm alright with just one Journey RP, but thanks :3

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Scyke and I have been working on a remake of the RP I originally co-GMed with Resolutions a while ago - Connections. There will be a few pretty significant changes to make it more accessible and easier to get into but that should be out soon.

I am also working on an RP with Nakuzami which occurs in the future where after a meteor impact some humans started to develop supernatural gifts. It is an RP following social and political struggles, the development of the characters and a battle against a mysterious evil that strains relationships between Gifted and Ungifted so long near to breaking point.

I have that dinosaur one too, but it starts with a plane crash so I'm a bit hesitant to submit it after recent events.

I also have a spot open in my on-going RP the Hoenn Diaries I believe. So yeah, there you go SB xD

Trust gimme to have so many roleplays on the go.

Connections did pretty well at its initial launch :3 will be interesting to see it come back around.

Second one sounds a lot like heroes! Supernatural powers from a cosmic event, yup yup - interesting definitely. I'm hoping some of these awesome roleplays are around when I have more freetime to enjoy them XD.

ALSO

PokéLINK now has one vacancy :) I'm only going to advertise briefly, since we are still near the beginning, but if anyone is interested please contact me.

Years
  • Age 34
  • they/them
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Yeah, I've found too that I can only really keep up interest for one journey-like RP at once. Unless they are incredibly different. Crossroads and PokéLink were different enough, I suppose :3

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years

Oh, don't worry about that. I hate it when people don't post a story or something of the like that they've been working on just because some similar tragedy happened in real life. It doesn't stop people from making stories about that actual event later on, and if people get offended then that's their own problem.

Because then you end up with something like how literally the only two episodes in the entire Best Wishes saga that I had been looking forward to got cancelled and just asdfghjkl;

In other news, Pokémon: The Lost Islands League 2.0 is still open to roleplayers . . . as it seems to have become slightly static and has no posts yet. Where's the love, people, where's the love?

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Hi. I'm back! o/

I got a...bit of time in my hands now and I'm craving for a roleplay. My next class is about to begin so I'll check out which roleplays are open and such afterwards~. :)

Yay RPAs though! I think I'll vote in the Summer ones.

Years
WOO RPAs!

Now I need to get all my new RPs posted ASAP haha

In all serious though, it's always great to see my fellow RPers getting the recognition they deserve for their hard work.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Megan! Hooray! If GH does get revived you totes gots to join again.

Sephear! Surprised to see you around still! Guess the RP corner hasn't changed as much since I disappeared. I..could discuss reviving GH with Swifty when time allows it, of course...maybe bring back the old crew together lol.

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
Years

Wasn't the whole idea of getting rid of the RPA's the fact that it simply came down to a popularity contest in that those in groups like the now defunct Platinum Quarterdeck just voted for each other and claimed the prizes? It didn't really serve as a proper form of congratulating people for making actual progress and a lot of decent RPers got shafted because they weren't popular on the board.

At least things like the Roleplay Olympics and Challenges actually determined how decent RPers were. Plus anyone could give a pretty half-hearted reason.

It's a pretty corrupt system of determining decent RPers and RPs. Just saying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back