• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: General Roleplay Discussion Thread "the RPD" (archived)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThaTruth

#7 > #6
Years
  • Man, it has been forreevverrr since I have been on here. (Formerly The_Original_Raitan) I want to try rping again, so are there any open rp's? Don't give me anything that hard though lol. I was never that great to begin with :p

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
    Years
  • Man, it has been forreevverrr since I have been on here. (Formerly The_Original_Raitan) I want to try rping again, so are there any open rp's? Don't give me anything that hard though lol. I was never that great to begin with :p

Tadaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa~!
    General Roleplay Discussion Thread "the RPD" (archived)

It's a pokémon journey roleplay
    although it has the potential to get a bit more intense than your average journey
    because I like morbidity and tragedy

I should probably make a better banner .-.

Geras

Roleplayer
    Years

Missed you when you were here before, so nice to meet you! Looking for anything in specific? Otherwise you're prone to being bombarded by advertisements. There are actually plenty of RPs that are currently either new or still in their first stages, including my own.

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
    Years
  • Missed you when you were here before, so nice to meet you! Looking for anything in specific? Otherwise you're prone to being bombarded by advertisements. There are actually plenty of RPs that are currently either new or still in their first stages, including my own.

. . . ._.;

Spoiler:

but seriously, it's going to be awesomesauce I sincerely hope, so people should like totally join.
    I'm an impatient person, which is weird since I'm also a great procrastinator. Depends on how I'm feeling. .-.

Question! Totally not because I want to manipulate y'all

What draws you into a roleplay?

For me, it can be any number of things. I have so many ideas and stories in my head . . . if I find a good story or setting or characters or SOMETHING, then I get tempted to roleplay and then I overload and then I die

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
    Years
  • Soulbond could definitely use a lot more players than it currently has, and it's just now starting, so I hope some people check it out >< I have so much planned for this and yet so much room for players to be involved in helping expand the story ><

Years
    • Age 31
    • AU
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023
    Man, it has been forreevverrr since I have been on here. (Formerly The_Original_Raitan) I want to try rping again, so are there any open rp's? Don't give me anything that hard though lol. I was never that great to begin with :p
    d: oh you. welcome back!!

just letting you know though, that name changes are back so you didn't have to make a new account ;)

COME JOIN ATLANTIS!! DO IT BUDDY!

Ozymandias

i'm going on a journey
    Years
  • Sooo after going on a movie/tv watching spree many seemed like they could be interesting concepts for rps. I'll list them out and yall tell me what you think! :D

Wreck it Ralph
    Breaking Bad
    Frozen... (not sure how that'd work but, maybe just the same setting...?)
    hmmm i thought i had more but i forgot XD

Geras

Roleplayer
    Years
  • Wreck it Ralph
    Breaking Bad
    Frozen

-Video game crossover RP? Could be very chaotic, but if you can rein in all your players and establish proper limits and goals and such, it could have potential.
    -Didn't we discuss this already in the other thread?
    -I'd say besides the everlasting winter part most the story wouldn't translate well at all. Although, certain components of the world definitely could, such as magic being rare and feared, a sort of quest through harsh wilderness, or maybe focus on the deteriorating conditions inside the city. It would be really hard to pull off, but probably not impossible.

Ozymandias

i'm going on a journey
    Years
  • -Video game crossover RP? Could be very chaotic, but if you can rein in all your players and establish proper limits and goals and such, it could have potential.
    -Didn't we discuss this already in the other thread?
    -I'd say besides the everlasting winter part most the story wouldn't translate well at all. Although, certain components of the world definitely could, such as magic being rare and feared, a sort of quest through harsh wilderness, or maybe focus on the deteriorating conditions inside the city. It would be really hard to pull off, but probably not impossible.

-I was thinking that our characters would be a part of an original arcade game and could interact with the other game's characters and go into their games
    -I know but, I just finished the series and i'm all like yes yes yes yes Breaking Bad yes yes yes
    -I was thinking more along the lines of since Elsa was born with magic why can't the rpers characters be born with magic and are feared or keep it hidden and have to go do some quest lol i haven't really thought this through

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
    Years
  • A crossover of Breaking Bad, Frozen, and Wreck-It Ralph's storyline: A meth-selling Disney princess gets sucked into a video game and has to rely on the help of various video game characters and an awkward snowman to avoid the drug cartels...Am I right?

So, just so you guys know this is HTS. My name change went through after like four weeks.

Guysh....Guysh....I miss my name already :(

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Well, it's always fun with RPs where people get sucked into games 8D Wreck-It-Ralph setting but maybe not with Ralph could be interesting.

Years
  • So, recently I've been liking the whole steampunk and airship thing and I've got the urge to do some roleplaying in the genre and some ideas that I could use. Really like the idea of an adventuring party traveling about on an airship as they go about their heroic ways. I was also thinking of combining some concepts of steampunk into a pokemon world.

So, a double barrel question: Is there anyone here interested in a steampunk roleplay? and if the answer to that is yes, Would you prefer the roleplay to be a mixture of steampunk and pokemon, or pure steampunk?

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Steampunk is win! Pokemon would be cool to implement, if it's not too complicatedly done. Maybe something like Shattered Era, where you play pokemon in human-like setting?

Years
  • I was thinking having the players be human and then working in some steampunk trainer elements; either that or having the pokemon be pretty much all wild and just part of the world and one of the dangers that the players would have to deal with.

I like the steampunk genre for this because, as well as being awesome, it has just the right sort of fantasy technology/weaponry available to let humans not be completely overpowered by the pokemon, without completely overpowering the pokemon themselves by using modern technology.

I had two ideas for how the players could have pokemon. The first could simply be there aren't any pokeballs and players could, if they chose to, have a single pokemon that was trained like a regular animal which would generally stay around them. The second is to have some form of steampunk pokeball where the need to charge them/connect them to a power source limits how many the player could carry. In either case the idea would be to try and include pokemon while still making the humans valid parts in any action/combat sequences that happened.

Though, playing as pokemon in a human like setting could work, just not my personal cup of tea; I prefer playing as a human character.

Any thoughts on those different possibilities anyone?

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I like the steampunk genre for this because, as well as being awesome, it has just the right sort of fantasy technology/weaponry available to let humans not be completely overpowered by the pokemon, without completely overpowering the pokemon themselves by using modern technology.
    This sounds like a good idea. Instead of portraying pokémon in the heartwarmingly, cuddly anime way, they could be wild animals/monsters who are part of the harsh steampunk world. They could be trained like creatures with magical qualities much like we train animals to work for us and help us in our world, but not really in the same way as pokémon and trainers usually do in other RPs. Because then the focus would still be on the human characters, their adventure and technology than on the pokémon training or something like that.

2 (how do you make a cent sign on a swedish keyboard aaa)

Kranic

What did you say about my hair
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2014
    This sounds like a good idea. Instead of portraying pokémon in the heartwarmingly, cuddly anime way, they could be wild animals/monsters who are part of the harsh steampunk world. They could be trained like creatures with magical qualities much like we train animals to work for us and help us in our world, but not really in the same way as pokémon and trainers usually do in other RPs. Because then the focus would still be on the human characters, their adventure and technology than on the pokémon training or something like that.

2 (how do you make a cent sign on a swedish keyboard aaa)

Not sure if it works for a Swedish keyboard but,

Alt + 0162 = ¢

Stingray

Space elves FTW
    Years
  • The Steampunk stuff has never interested me much (I'm a much more hardcore SciFi fan...) however this RP sounds like a good idea.

I wouldn't had any pokeballs period. Have it so humans can befriend (or enslave with maybe special steam punk shock collars) some Pokemon. One idea is have Pokemon of varying intelligence in the RP. Some like primative humans in intelligence (they are intelligent but lack technology), some like very smart animals, and others just animal like.

Honestly you could even incorporate magic to a limited degree (but very limited... only a select few are born with the ability and make it double edged). Would at least make for some interesting enemys.

I say go for it!

Sephear

Believe in the you that believes in cheese
    Years
  • I have love for just about every Genre (How could somebody who finished ever Fable Game not have even a small love for Steampunk nonsense? Besides all the other material in the world that is. Go for it. No seriously. Do it. Dooooooo iiiiit.

More people should Join Vale, when I looked through it it seemed like there were plenty Mancers already. But I have changed my opinion on the matter since people aren't posting enough! *Insert hyper ventilating and random noises here* PEOPLE JOIN VALE AND MAKE IT MORE ACTIVE.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I'm in 4-5 RPs now and that's my absolute max limit. 3 is optimal. So I won't be joining anything more anytime soon. I agree it can be frustrating when you think you are in many RPs but you don't get the opportunity to post very often xD Sometimes I've joined more RPs at that point and regretted it later when activity in the old ones picked up. Gotta be strategical.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back