• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Genius vs. Gifted

Years
    Know someone of the two, or are you one of two of both?

I get annoyed by the fact that some people confuse gifted with genius, just so so-and-so can do math well doesn't mean he has proper etiquette.

I'll explain. Gifted means you're a genius in multiple areas, whereas genius very few, the rest of your skills are pretty average.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
    By your definitions I would say I am gifted. I am exceptionally skilled in math, science, writing, grammar, and spelling.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    I'm Gifted. I do Computer Programming, Calculus as a HS Freshman, Advanced English, Multiple Sciences, artistic curiosity, a lot of musical instruments, and the chugging of 7 litters of Coke in one day.

Ficher

Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2012
    I can be considered gifted, since I am excellent in math, physics, chemistry, writing, grammar..I also picked up a programming language in 3 months when it needed at least 10. Yet, I am always lazy.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
    Years
    Pretty much everyone that isn't deliberately trying to annoy me calls me gifted. I don't really know if I am. I don't think about it much, and I honestly don't care that much. I have more important things to think about, like life.

Ayselipera

I'm not gifted or a genius. I can't say I have many or any talents at all. As far as I'm concerned all my skills are either average or below average or maybe I'm just being modest. I don't know.

SoulAura

☆Nightfall★
    Years
    • Seen Sep 11, 2010
    I guess i'd be genius. I'm pretty good at english, science, and math. My best is english as it rated me accelerated on my achievement tests.

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
    I would love to say that I'm a genius or gifted at this or that but I wont because I don't like labelling things. Also, the fact that I might be good at different aspects of things doesn't make me a gifted, it simply means that I listen in class and I absorb information well. I know I'm not a genuis, and I don't like using the term 'gifted'. I'm just me. I'm better with certain things than other people but that doesn't mean anything, in my eyes.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    I'm a quick learner when it comes to sports. English and Science are simple to me, math is another story tho.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
    Years
    Well... that's not right. At least not according to standard definitions.

You're correct. The OP is sort of wrong about the definition of genius but that's not really the point. I think it's fair to say we know what he's trying to say and can answer the question.

Definition of Genius said:
    someone who has exceptional intellectual ability and originality; "Mozart was a child genius"; "he's smart but he's no Einstein"

Back