• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

George Zimmerman arrested for aggravated assault with a weapon

Her

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    link

Florida authorities say George Zimmerman has been arrested on an aggravated assault charge.

The Seminole County Sheriff's Office says the 31-year-old Zimmerman was arrested in Lake Mary about 10 p.m. Friday and is being held at the John E. Polk Correctional Facility. The facility's website says Zimmerman is scheduled for a court appearance at 9 a.m. Saturday.

at the time of posting this there aren't really any details of the incident but I find it interesting that once again zimmerman has found himself in trouble due to his anger
    if you didn't know, since his murder acquittal he's had encounters with the police three times
    one domestic violence dispute by his girlfriend, allegedly threatening his ex-wife with a gun (both charges dropped) and a road rage incident
    so... sus

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    This makes me think of OJ--got away with killing two people, then gets arrested and thrown in prison later for a somewhat lesser crime.

Years
  • I'm curious as to how many more times this man needs to be arrested on some cocktail of weapons/domestic violence charges before people realize that they really botched the Trayvon Martin case.

Last edited:

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • This man again? At least it shows that the Trayvon Martin case wasn't due to racism but due to Zimmerman's behavior (do correct me if I'm wrong, since it's been a while since I've heard anything about him).

Sir Codin

I'd imagine there was probably some racism involved with the Martin fiasco, but yeah, it mostly has to do with Zimmerman's bullshit.

I'm not going to suger coat it here. I consider myself right-Libertarian. I support gun rights. I believe most people are responsible enough for owning firearms.

Zimmerman is one of those few who I believe are not.

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2020
    Its silly I think that people could come to defend this man when there is blatant proof both before and after trial that he is not simply an innocent person and that he actually has very aggressive tendencies and an inability to control his anger.

Lawandorder

¡Gracias Totales!
    Years
  • Zimmerman is indeed a man with issues, but Treyvorn Martin's case couldn't (and didn't) end up in a conviction, Zimmerman really had every advantage possible in a court of law, up to and including prosecution witnesses caught lying or embellishing their testimonys, other witnesses recanting theirs, an incompetent prosecutor [this can't be stressed enough, a competent one could hace convicted Zimmerman of a lesser crimen](in an election year, no less), and a superb defense counsel; add that to the fact that there's no way for su to really know how things went down that night, and it would have been irresponsable for a jury tp convict him, only one thing is clear, that night both parties commited mistakes.
    And I don't think racism had anything to do with it, that was the media line, not a proved fact.

Last edited:

CoffeeDrink

GET WHILE THE GETTIN'S GOOD
    Years
  • Can't say I'm surprised, but it's only fair for everyone to stand up at once and say "I told you so". George Zimmerman killed that kid through his reckless actions and he deserves to be shot to save us all a lot of headaches.

Lawandorder

¡Gracias Totales!
    Years
  • ^
    That's precisely the attitude that provokes violence like that... It's amazing how people condemn him for his violent tendencies and at the same time calling for him to "be shot"...

Her

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    ^
    That's precisely the attitude that provokes violence like that... It's amazing how people condemn him for his violent tendencies and at the same time calling for him to "be shot"...

They're calling for him to be punished/given the death penalty through the system of law, as opposed to the reckless and uninhibited violence Zimmerman sends out into the world.

Lawandorder

¡Gracias Totales!
    Years
  • ^
    Spare the populist rethoric.
    Right, because if they couldn't convict him of second degree murder (the charge itself was a stretch) they're gonna somehow give him the death penalty for some other thing....
    Also, I was refering to the hypocresy of the poster above muy previous post, talking about Zimmerman violent tendencies while at the same time asking for him to be shot.

Her

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Well, obviously he's not going to be given the death penalty for anything.
    And given his 'luck', no penalty by law at all.

And the difference between Zimmerman and the poster you were referring to is that many people want another person to suffer based on an injustice they had committed, but they want the justice based on their record & the suffering they have caused, as opposed to Zimmerman's violence being at his whim. It's also a point that Zimmerman has repeatedly acted out on his anger and wish for the other person to be punished because the other person defied his will.

Kameken

URYYYYYYYYY
    Years
  • Zimmerman's certainly a bad guy, but there is a difference between domestic violence and racially charged murder.

One doesn't prove the other.

Spoiler:

CoffeeDrink

Years
  • ^

Actually, I'm a firm believer in following orders to a certain degree. Zimmerman put himself in the position that ended with someone getting killed. He ignored the Officer that told him not to follow the suspect; in a case of you running into a burning building when a Fire Marshall tells you not to the blame falls on you, so why should it be any different in this case? It's his fault from the very beginning, it will always be his fault because he didn't listen to somebody with actual experience and authority. Failure to follow instructions kills people and this case can't be clearer.

And as evident, Zimmerman is shown on record with having trouble in telling the truth, which throws everything he said about the Trayvon Martin into question. Zimmerman is not a nice person, he is a liar and a thief, a murderer and a crook. He continues to make himself present in the public eye and we see him as an annoying fly.

I've had enough of his drivel and I consider him 'obsolete'; may he find solace in the arms of his new prison husband, Bubba, who weighs 104kg. Or, you know, terminated. . . "with extreme prejudice".

Lawandorder

¡Gracias Totales!
    Years
  • ^
    I'll keep this simple because you seem really stubborn, with a general lack of knowledge on the law (and I'm not even a US citizen, I live on another country and I seem to know it better than you) and have already made up your mind to be both morally outraged and lacking the moral fiber to argument something less barbaric and/or idiotic than "duh, he killed a KID in cold blood, i hope he gets raped/killed!!!1111!"
    So, lets begin:
    Bad person (lair, violent, whatever adjective you have for Zimmerman) Racially motivated murderer.
    Fire marshal 911 dispatcher
    911 dispatchers can't give you lawful orders, only make suggestions (as they're usually civilians, not law enforcement officers [and the state has already pronounced on this matter, maybe you should read about it]) and cannot forbid something that's not illegal for being idiotic (something like, I don't know, following a stranger on your neighborhood, certainly idiotic but by no means ilegal).

Not that I like Zimmerman, I think he's a piece of crap, but I dislike the media and people that spin this as "he killed a black kid, lets kill him also", and I do think that legally there was no other possible veredict for the trial given the known facts of the case and how he was overcharged (he should be serving time for manslaughter, but that's another issue), idiotic opinions like those of Al Sharpton and Geraldo Rivera aside.

CoffeeDrink

Years
  • ^
    I'll keep this simple because you seem really stubborn, with a general lack of knowledge on the law (and I'm not even a US citizen, I live on another country and I seem to know it better than you) and have already made up your mind to be both morally outraged and lacking the moral fiber to argument something less barbaric and/or idiotic than "duh, he killed a KID in cold blood, i hope he gets raped/killed!!!1111!"
    So, lets begin:
    Bad person (lair, violent, whatever adjective you have for Zimmerman) Racially motivated murderer.
    Fire marshal 911 dispatcher
    911 dispatchers can't give you lawful orders, only make suggestions (as they're usually civilians, not law enforcement officers [and the state has already pronounced on this matter, maybe you should read about it]) and cannot forbid something that's not illegal for being idiotic (something like, I don't know, following a stranger on your neighborhood, certainly idiotic but by no means ilegal).

Not that I like Zimmerman, I think he's a piece of crap, but I dislike the media and people that spin this as "he killed a black kid, lets kill him also", and I do think that legally there was no other possible veredict for the trial given the known facts of the case and how he was overcharged (he should be serving time for manslaughter, but that's another issue), idiotic opinions like those of Al Sharpton and Geraldo Rivera aside.

All I can simply tell you is no, you're wrong. This will all boil down to what I said earlier. Zimmerman called the Police, an authorative, he said he would follow the shady character and they told him not to. in terms of the law and legality Zimmerman is accountable for not following the directions of an officer and in some states that's a misdemeanor. Example:

-Cop tells you to step back from a burning vehicle, you don't, car explodes, you die. Your fault.
    -Cop tells you to step back when someone is on the roof looking to jump. You don't, person jumps and lands on you. You die. Your fault.
    -Cop tells you to get out of the street as there is a gunman loose, you don't, you're shot. You die. Your fault.
    -Cop tells you not to put yourself in a situation that is potentially dangerous for you and others. You don't listen, someone dies. Your fault.

Get the picture? It isn't over that he killed him, which he did, but it's over to where he put himself in the situation and was told not to. Zimmerman isn't a citizen in my eyes, he's a criminal. Lying to Police, lying to his lawyers, lying on the stand (perjury is a class E Felony), theft, embezzlement and now aggravated assault.

Let's say we believed him before about what all happened with the shooting incident, but then you find out he lied about taking money. If he lied about something such as taking money, perhaps he lied about how the shooting went down. It doesn't take a genius to find that a liar is a liar and everything that they say has to be looked at carefully.

You're also wrong about dispatchers being just civilians; they are an integrated part of the system and without them the system will not work. They act in a capacity in which an officer would if you called an officer on the phone. They give you directions, such as CPR, or what to do in another emergency. If you dial 9-1-1 you are calling what you know is an organization that is responsible for safety response and not the local bakery. Let's also not forget that crank calling these 'civilians' is illegal. While they may not have the authoritative capability of an officer, they are still just as effective in telling you not to play in traffic.

I never said Zimmerman was a racially motivated killer. That one's all you.

Lawandorder

¡Gracias Totales!
    Years
  • Seriously, I couldn't care less about your outrage at Zimmerman's behaviour and your own morally deficient moral judgements, and for all the writing your seem to do, your failed to understand the keypoint of it all, 911 dispatchers, at least in Sanford, Florida can't give lawful orders, only suggestions, informed suggestions? Yes, legally bounding ones? No.
    All the examples that you wrote are meaningless, cops do hace the authority to give you a lawful order.
    Also, the law doesn't care that you don't consider him a citizen, he is a citizen, and while he is partially (and morally) responsable for the situation (because not only Zimmerman made mistakes that night, so did Martin), he was not legally bound to follow the suggestion given to him by the 911 operador, nor was he guilty of the charge imputed against him, that doesn't make him innocent, nor it does absolve him of being a scumbag (wich is something I've never contested), that doesn't mean I or anyone really should go "duh I hope he gets raped/killed!!11!" and if you do think something like that, you don't get to later try to take the moral highground.

Last edited:
    Back