• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Get the Show on the Road!

Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2021
    Though they've already shown a sneak-peek preview of it on KidsWB, I noticed that they changed May's voice a bit, and it finally revealed the new Hoenn series theme. (Which, fortunately, was not 'It Takes Two'. >_>) So... What did you think?

Q Man

Erm...
    Years
  • Well, it was a fresh episode indeed, I will say that. May's voice still seems to be a little out of her actual age range, but hey...
    *aherm*
    Anyhow, Now that I've seen exactly how May acts, I can say that I *still* don't like her, and I dislike her even moreso now (I found it a bit eerie how she was acting just before the second commercial break) But anyway, I do think she is a little *an understatement, if you ask me* on the stupid side. Her idiocy will have me laughing my head off, but other than that, I don't think I'll like her very much at all...
    As for Team Rocket, I found it kinda odd how Jessie was acting this episode... meh, whatever.
    All in all, I do think it was... somewhat of a good episode...
    7/10
    -2 for May
    -1 for... something, I don't quite remember.

However, I must say that I think the intro was good, dislikes about a certain character aside...

Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2021
    Yes, I know that they made May's voice a bit higher, so she sounds slightly younger. I still thought that she just sounds like a mixture of both Ash and Delia put together. (And I know they all three are voiced by Veronica Taylor.) The theme song, though, was cool. =D I like it a lot! For me I'd give this episode an 8/10, minus two points for two reasons. Jessie was just acting plain weird on this episode, and I still think they could get a better peson to do May's voice. But.. ah well. ^_^;

Years
    • Seen Nov 22, 2003
    My comments on "Get the Show on the Road"

Here's my thoughts & comments on today's (01-Nov-2003) Pokemon Advanced episode,

"Get the Show on the Road!"

#############################################################################

Skip this thread if you don't want spoilers because we have Pokesign in...

"Get the Show on the Road!"

This is the start of the Pokemon Advanced series (duh!)

I like the new theme song.

Although some might disagree, I like the fact that May's more interested in traveling rather than pokemon. At least this makes her different from Misty, and also makes things more realistic in that not everyone has the same interests. Plus, maybe she'll learn to like pokemon as the series goes along?

I thought when Jessie revealed that she'd been here before there would have been a flashback sequence. I guess the writers have to save some things for later on.

That bite from Pikachu looked like it hurt!

I don't think we've seen Jessie so depressed or fed-up with the TR day to day existence as in this episode. LOL tho at her saying "What's the point?" at various times...

Funny stuff:

LOL moment when May got splashed by Mudkip.

May: "I've never been good at waiting!"

But the funniest thing in this episode has to be Pikachu accidentally frying May's bike. It's Deja Vu all over again! Of course as soon I as saw May on a bike I had a feeling this was going to happen - wonder what Misty would have said if she was there? ;-)

But May doesn't let the loss of the bike faze her: "My poor bike!... Ah, who cares!". Seems like she doesn't especially let *anything* bother her...

It's amazing how May changed Ash's attitude by reminding him of her destroyed bike, we've seen this before, haven't we ;-)

Kevin's Quick Like/Dislike Preview Summary:

Like:

Seeing Ash without the rest of his powerful pokemon, having just Pikachu as his only one.

Seeing someone new (May) as Ash's companion - it'll be a role reversal for Ash to be the more experienced of the two. But the thing is the pokemon are new as well, so he's still gotta learn.

Especially like the idea of TR having "competition" in the thieving business - there's potential for lots of interesting scenarios/comedy here.

Dislike:

Seeing the series sorta start over from square one i.e., Ash is "beginner" level again with no pokemon.

Not seeing Misty.

Not seeing Brock, but he returns soon...

May's voice as well as her, um, physical development suggests that she's older than 10.

Not sure if May is going to be the annoying clueless newbie (as if pokemon needs another). There wasn't any background info about May, other than her father was a pokemon trainer. Not sure why she's gonna register if she doesn't like pokemon, unless that's her excuse for traveling.

Final comments: Well, it's a new start... gotta give it a few episodes to judge how I like the series...

- Kevin.

Snivi

..•.¸¸•´¯`•.¸. ஐ
    Years
  • I do not like May.
    I hate the stupid new theme song but like all the old ones.
    It's a good show but I want Misty back!!!!!

Last edited:

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • at least Misty's gone...but Brock's absence just made it seem like something was missing...

I don't like May's attitude inthis episode, but I like the idea of leaving it open for Ash to help her to appeciate the world of pok?mon...
    I agree with the whole wierdness of how Jessie is acting...I was confused by it all

I like the theme song a lot tho...

Jinona

Queen of Irror
    Years
  • I liked it considering it's new but my jaw pretty much hit the floor when I heard May say she didn't really like Pokemon and was in for the traveling please say that is going to change.
    Just wondering but was it just me or did prof. Birch sound alot like Yami from Yu-gi-oh?
    but other than that I have to give the episode a
    8/10 1 because of what may said
    1 because of the way jessie was acting
    1 because of the way they tormented pikachu
    P.S. I love the new opening song

Hazuki-san

Doesn't exist
    Years
  • I liked it. I also noticed that May sounds different, I like it better. I didn't get to see the theme song because of that stupid weekly test. But from what I saw, it was pretty awesome

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • but *her* voice is still Veronica Taylor's 30 (or any age >30) year old voice spellstruck into a poor 10 year old's body? if that still holds true then... *pukes*

Kairi

The Original $staff_title
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    May still looks like she's seventeen... x_X; She lies about being ten, for sure. >.>;

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • well maybe she doesn't look *that* old but at least within gr.10+ age... because Lulu (FFX) and her are the same type of people *ahem*. I suppose that the writers are thinking like this: her ego determines her age

Rift

Let's Venture Onward!
    Years
  • They changed the name of the episode! during the sneak peak it was called: "A New Land, a New Adventure!" iv noticed that Mays taller then Ash...she must be an early bloomer! ^_^; well um...i still think her voice is too old for her and...*starts to cry* I MISS BROCK!!! Brock and James are my fav characters!!! well how many more episodes must i endure before he comes back! i miss his girl lovin personallity!!!

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • Brock will be back... don't worry (sorry if it's spoiler)

A New Land, A New Adventure is the translated name of the japanese episode so it makes perfect sense to use that name for the sneak peek.

PichuSecretBase

Web Site Critique
    Years
  • May looks same as Misty, like 14
    Max looks ten (hes in pokemon in the episode after the next)
    Ash looks 12
    Brock looks 18
    Veronica Taylor looks, 32 35 37
    Ive had an email from her before!! ^____________^

pokefreak

proud 2 b a pok?maniac!
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Aug 22, 2014
    Just wondering but was it just me or did prof. Birch sound alot like Yami from Yu-gi-oh?
    yeah, i noticed that too. i wish they didn't give professor birch that voice cause he sounds too deep. i give this ep an 8/10. team rocket was a bit bland, this time, and jessie really confused me. i think may's voice sounds too old, also, but it doesn't seem likely that it will happen. my favorite part was the dialogue for when professor birch was being chased by the poocheyena.

birch: (thinking aloud) that's not a happy face, and it's not sad either... i know! you're angry! *runs away from poocheyena then climbs a tree*
    :laugh:
    that part sounded kind of weird though since yami is usually never that happy so i wasn't used to that voice.

Years
  • Yay! I've found fellow people who dislike May! Other than her, though, it was a good episode. But one thing's for sure, she is going to bring down AG which would otherwise be so good.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • Sapphire Latios said:
    starts to cry* I MISS BROCK!!! Brock and James are my fav characters!!! well how many more episodes must i endure before he comes back! i miss his girl lovin personallity!!!
    If my calculations are correct..Brock will return in three weeks...just hold on and stick it out for the three weeks of non-Brocky Pok?mon episodes

Rift

Let's Venture Onward!
    Years
  • oh, guys! iv known Brocks comin back for...like 3 months! i just cant take not seein him except for on weekday repeats! ^_^;

Back