• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

*Gets on Knee* Will you Marry Me?

BonkersRider

Twisted Fashion Gal
Years
  • When I proposed to my snugglebunny:
    We were at home. I hid a diamond ring (she has the true right to wear a diamond ring) on the dashboard of her car (this is before we moved in together). When she found it she rushed in my old apartment, tears in her eyes, and asked if it was what she thought it was.

Somniac

Probably sleeping.
    Years
  • I guess I'll follow the trend and say both:

How we got together:
    Spoiler:

How to propose; A guide to success by Kitty.
    Spoiler:

Romance is the key.

V-Create

You have no power here
    Years
    • Seen Jan 12, 2014
    The joys of loving both genders (I don't know why I don't say bisexual, let it be haha) is that I could love anyone I want, but still keep a meaningful relationship with each and every one of them.
    I never play. I'm friends with all of my exes. I'm always honest. As of now.. I am trying to rekindle a relationship with
    somebody that USED to love me and I wrote this long ass letter for them (like 6 pages, 9pt.) which I will give in a few days (Guys, I'm literally sh*tting myself, help me..) and at the end it says:

Spoiler:

I actually don't know what I'd do if I get busted (I'll figure it out along the way ): )
    The fact that I'm "chasing" a guy is bad enough.. but this is what true love is I guess. I'll be stronger, making this letter from the heart doesn't make me weak, pouring feelings out on paper isn't weak.
    I've written some seriously cheesy things in this.

Equality guys! Not all men have to do the effort, sometimes YOU have to step in and make things right, because nothing is going to happen until YOU yourself do something:)

So yeah, this isn't a proposal, but it's damn near close.​

V-Create

You have no power here
    Years
    • Seen Jan 12, 2014
    A girl chasing a guy? No, this can't be possible! Anime has taught me that all cute schoolgirls are cripplingly shy and subservient, so much so that they'd never admit they like a boy! xD There is a fine line between 'romantic' and 'crazy', please keep that in mind when pouring out your soul. It's not so much what you say but who you're saying it to. Think where will I be with this guy in 1,5,10 years? If you think he's "the one" then why don't you just ask him to marry you or at least enter a serious relationship instead of pussyfooting around with six pages of emotional drivel? He may think it's the cutest thing ever or skim over it all, depends on the guy. Maybe you should make it understable for him at least, I doubt he'll get the Pokémon references... Also imagine if you're like 60 and you show your grandkids this love letter you wrote and it has the phrase 'lol' in it. Just no.

This is all what you think, your uncensored thoughts that could be considered self theraputic, the expression is purely your thoughts with "Dear......" at the start and end. He may love it, he might not. They're you're thoughts, before you share them try and understand what he will think of them. Why is it he "USED" to love you? What is his stance towards you now?

Eh, you do what you feel you have to do, if this guy falls in love with you great, if not well this bitter and cynical young man told you so. There are plenty of startstruck guys and girls out there to help you pick up the pieces, you are a babe after all.

I hope you think analytically about what you're doing and that your love life goes well and all.

Oh you and your white boy views about love and things..
    I used to date this person for a year and a half.. and we knew each other since we were babies!
    When we were dating, he told me he's had a crush on me for the longest time and he couldn't believe
    that he was finally with me. He even told me he saved pictures of me from friendster (like an old facebook) and
    kept it on his phone.. and I looked like absolute freaking sh*t at the time.
    I have wondered why this guy (He's quite handsome you see) has appreciated something like >this<
    So he loved me and things, LOVED me really, I mean, reaaallly made an effort. It was genuine. I was half assed..
    and then I broke his heart on top of that, because at the time I was falling out of love for him and it wasn't getting anywhere for me.. but he saw this as me just disliking him all together as a person.. and what's worst is that I bestfriendzoned him! (I'm like the typical douchey boy and in this case, he's the girl lol)
    I was like "I love you but I love you as a bestfriend you know..?" and this hurted him badly. He was acceptant of the
    situation though, he was like "..okay, I guess I'll just have to live with it."

So fast-forward, I regretted what I did and things so I'm making this, I haven't gotten over this person
    since we broke up officially a year ago or so (We were on and off, all of which I initiated and he always took me back, this time though he didn't anymore, for fear of me getting bored of him again and leaving him again and things)
    Oh ahaha no no this isn't borderline crazy, if you knew our relationship, this letter wouldn't seem crazy at all.
    I was brought up looking at my sisters having successful relationships with their significant others and I can't help but be influenced by them and try to find that "perfect love".

I'm 17 that's why I can't ask him to marry me? Ahhaahha my mom would sh*t her pants dude,
    so none of that. But ofcourse I want to be with him, I want to have my children with him and I
    see a very lovely future with him if he became my husband. None of that "Oh you're too young
    you'll find someone else.." I tried dating and I found amazing people, both men and women
    but no-one could compare, no-one :( I don't want to explore either, I'm like.. dude, I mean I
    stay at home a lot.. I hate people unless I like them in a way. I'll only make an effort to those
    who are worthy D:< haha

His stance towards me now is I literally could ask him for anything I want and he will do it.
    He's still pussywhipped man, without the sex. I am not taking advantage of this, because
    I want to make up for all the sh*t I put him through when we were together. No matter
    the "not-getting-of-pokemon-references" He'll still think it's sweet.

You see, letter-writing and poetry is important for me, I find value in that.
    He was my inspiration actually (and other people), but I've written before, just not often and definitely not about love.
    Too bad I never gave him any when we were together (I was like what, 15?) lol
    So the basics of what is in this letter is mostly that and heartfelt words. It's not like "Oh I love you and I want to be with you again!"
    Nope, it's not simply that, I wrote this on.. different months on different days
    and on different times! I only edit it lol so some parts of this letter I have written
    aagggeesss ago, where the pain was still fresh, and around the times where
    I began dating, and in the times where I broke it off with that person.. y'know?
    I've written some like 4 months ago, 4 weeks ago, 4 days ago..
    This isn't just A letter, it's THE letter, man!

If he turns out to not like it and things, I guess I'll have to live with it.
    He has done his part, he has put on so much effort in our relationship by being patient and optimistic.
    Now it's my time to show the effort, cause I NEVER showed any of it..

I'll have to get over it, if it doesn't work and things, anyhow I'll tell you about
    it when I do give it to him. I'll be there while he reads it anyway, he's going to read
    another letter (One I wrote a month after our breakup.. that one was very emotional)
    and like 15346789 poems I wrote for him the past year. Lol It's not crazy because
    I'm good at pokerfacing, I don't cry anymore and all that fagg*try, but I'm willing.
    He however, does. In little things, he was so happy with me once he cried.. so.. I know this letter won't be just "a letter" He appreciated everything I did, even if he knew tomorrow I became cold and heartless to him again, I was a really bad girlfriend, man :(

I'm always imagining the worst case scenario anyway dude, It's not like I expect that we get back
    together right away. I'm hoping he knows what I truly truly feel (He doesn't believe I love him)
    Atleast I know I tried, and who knows? This may be my closure, if I do get rejected.

SO thank you for your input and opinion, but I really did think of doing this.. everyday I think of "Would I REALLY give this to him? Is it necessary?!"
    I have like .. 7 more days and I think about it every second.
    Do you actually think that I WOULD want to show someone how I truly feel?! HELL NO, but as you can see, I just can't let go.. so this needs to be settled.

I am willing to hurt! and I'm never clingy. I'm not that type yo.

V-Create

You have no power here
    Years
    • Seen Jan 12, 2014
    Jesus lord, that was a lot to read. O07_eleven, are you saying that letters are stupid? D: you forgot the 'tldr' ughh

I would be very very surprised if you actually read all of that since you're a boy (BOYS DON'T LIKE TO READ GIRLY NONSENSE!!!) lol

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • I would be very very surprised if you actually read all of that since you're a boy (BOYS DON'T LIKE TO READ GIRLY NONSENSE!!!) lol
    I actually did read it. That stereotype doesn't work for all guys, ya know =P Personally, I don't see anything wrong with the letter. Especially considering you're the one who split the relationship, and now want to mend it. If he split it, and you were the one trying to fix it, it'd be slightly different, and a lot more complicated. Will it work? I don't know. I hope it does, though. I can see how this is as close to a marriage proposal as it can get, though. :P

Crunch Punch

fire > ice
    Years
  • I have thought of how I would propose before, and I have now developed a huge fear that my girlfriend at the time will reject me for any odd reason to my proposal. I dunno how this came about. :(

If I was going to do it however, I'll do it at the most randomest time possible. Like for an example maybe I'll come into her work at a random for no reason at all, walk in and propose. Just like that. The element of surprise I feel would surge her on to say yes.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • I wouldn't want to be proposed to or propose to someone on bended knee. To me that suggests an inequality in the relationship that I don't really like. I'd prefer we both be sitting. I might have more to add to that later when I've thought about it more, that's just my preliminary thought.

Back