• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl] Getting Boomburst to BDSP for Taillow

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    I bred both Chatot and Taillow in USUM with a Noivern and got a Chatot and Taillow with Boomburst. However, when I tried to get them to BDSP thru HOME, no Boomburst transferred through. Has anyone successfully transferred Boomburst to BDSP for Taillow? If so, please explain the process. Thanks!

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    I bred both Chatot and Taillow in USUM with a Noivern and got a Chatot and Taillow with Boomburst. However, when I tried to get them to BDSP thru HOME, no Boomburst transferred through. Has anyone successfully transferred Boomburst to BDSP for Taillow? If so, please explain the process. Thanks!

Looking at Boomburst on Bulbapedia it states "no legitimate father" for both Taillow and Chatot. So I'm guessing that the move isn't programmed in for them. Has it been replaced by something else in their moveset? (Or are they still at lv. 1 where they wouldn't have another move?)

Years
  • Sadly, the way movesets work has changed as of the 8th generation.

Each Pokémon has a different move-learnset in each game. So if you transfer between Sword and Shield/Legends Arceus/BDSP, the same Pokémon will have a different default moveset in each game.

This makes it impossible for you to utilise SwSh for Egg moves you want in BDSP, and vice versa.

22sa

ロミオとシンデレ? ?? �� �� �� �� �� �� �� ��
    Years
  • Wow, all your previous hard breeding work is wasted then? Unbelievable ....

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Wow, all your previous hard breeding work is wasted then? Unbelievable ....

According to Bulbapedia, it is specifically BDSP that will see you lose previous generations' egg moves when trading over, as both BDSP and PLA reset your Pokémon's moveset to a level-up one (the latter more understandably).

So I think if you have previous generations' egg moves and the Pokémon is compatible with SwSh you can migrate it forward and use it to breed. But I have never tried.

22sa

ロミオとシンデレ? ?? �� �� �� �� �� �� �� ��
    Years
  • According to Bulbapedia, it is specifically BDSP that will see you lose previous generations' egg moves when trading over, as both BDSP and PLA reset your Pokémon's moveset to a level-up one (the latter more understandably).

So I think if you have previous generations' egg moves and the Pokémon is compatible with SwSh you can migrate it forward and use it to breed. But I have never tried.
    Horrible! They better fix this in Violet

Back