• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ghosts, Poltergiests, and beyond!

Eos Aduro

The Kid with the Bullet Soul
    Years
    I didn't get a great view, but she looked kind of like a tiny angel, because I wasn't afraid of her. It was weird, she looked about I dunno 5 maybe 6 around my age at the time and has short white-blond ahir and thats about it, and well wings

Soul Eater

silver won't say he's in love~
    Years
    Yes I do. I'm always watching Ghost cams when I'm not on PC. XD

I also believe in angels too.

I never knew my grandfather on my mom's side because he did when i was only one but somehow I feel like I have known him all my life and whenever I am scared he's always there to protect me because he is my guardian angel.

I can also feel them around me too and they always give me a strange sense that I am unwanted. X_x

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
    I believe in ghosts. I think I have heard a ghost walking in my back garden really late at night. I heard it just after something set off my burglar alarm that wasn't even turned on at the time. There was no way it could have gone off on its own. I have also heard doors getting knocked on when no one but me is in the house.

Cabellero©

So much PokéCenter job offers
    Years
    Not really... but right when I watch a horror movie, scary commercial, etc., I usually start believing in ghosts more and more! BOO!

Happy Halloween, everyone! Muhahaha!

Weatherman Kiyoshi

~Having one of THOSE days
    Years
    Perhaps the most sensible post I've seen in a while.

Seriously there is no hard evidence for ghosts. Whoever said there is 'too much proof' is wrong, there is no proper evidence at all. Psychics and mediums are often debunked or shown to be con artists. Coincedences are remembered, retold and eventually overexaggerated throughout lifetimes whereas other normalities are forgotten about in the scheme of things.

Obviously I don't believe in superstituous rubbish, otherwise I might as well believe in the tooth fairy and flying spaghetti monster whilst I'm at it.

Man, does anyone know how to double quote anymore?
    anyway,
    "No proper evidence"?
    Do you have any "proper evidence" showing that thier not?

Shiny

content creator on twitch
    Years
    I do believe in ghosts except I love science so much, Science is my one true love =3

Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2011
    "No proper evidence"?

Well the belief in ghosts is a tradition based on superstition and paranoia. What reliable proof is there? None at all.

Ghosts were thought up millenia ago to explain what happened after death, when there was a lack of scientific understanding in the world. Lets think about this for a minute, we KNOW we are alive because of our brain activity, we can think for ourselves because this gives us conciousness. When we die our brain fails and will no longer function, so how can this conciousness and reaction still survive without the brain? (don't say it's your soul.. because that argument lacks evidence and common sense as well ¬_¬)

Also BILLIONS of people have died throughout the universes existence, a couple of sightings of individuals does not seem like a reasonable proportion of the 'dead community'.

Photographs of 'ghosts' are highly contradictory or easily debunked - ranging from which are very often camera flares, smudges and ripples on glass, reflections, to people dressed up and or those who happened to get into a camera shot with the subjects not knowing. The evidence of ghosts almost completely come down to film evidence, which are very often misenterpreted, or many which are admittedly staged.

Mediums and those whom contact the dead are very often fraudsters and work in by 'hot/cold reading' to draw out the person into belief they are making contact. The same applies for a ouji board - where ghostly communication comes from subconcious movements. For more in depth explanations look into the Seance that Derren Brown recreated.

How about ghosts in clothing? How can non living items pass into the afterlife and exist as whatever a ghost is meant to be (a gas?).

'Feelings' of ghosts can very often be explained by solar activty, lack of oxygen, magnetic distortions and classic paranoia. A controlled experiment involved the public being told a normal house was haunted, after which ghostly reports increased in the building by 500%, where every noise was 'evidence' of the ghosts.

I could go on for quite a while... But lack of faith all comes down to common sense.
    Now lets take your examples briefly, I have never had a 'paranormal' experience, becuase I don't believe in them. There are probably a number of logical reasons that could explain your experiences. With time comes memory loss of detail, repitition of the story always leads to subtle changes and exagerrations until eventually comes a point when it can only be explained by something beyond normal.

Now what evidence do you have to PROVE the existence of ghosts?
    There is no proof (or disproof) for the FLying Spaghetti Monster but lots of logical reasons why you wouldn't believe in it, ghosts are no different.

PWNT

Last edited:

Eos Aduro

Years
    Someone here is to into facts and not believing. Im dont saying that facts arent against everyone who believes, but I believe I have seen ghosts, and not all people who die are still around, or show themselves. It's all a matter of believing.

Waffle-San

Blue-Steel
    Years
    Um sure why not? It's not about whether there's proof or not. If there's a glimmer of a chance why not take it, there is no horrible punishment if your wrong.
    Crazier things have happened, well some crazier things......It's all about imaginasion. Not trying to convince you, but you can't write off people for believing in something because there's no "proof." A lot of things wrong with that.

And even if they don't exist wouldn't it be cool if they did. That's why you believe for the sake of having fun and believing in something.

Thought I'd re-quote myself, I'll continue this at the bottom

Man, does anyone know how to double quote anymore?
    anyway,
    "No proper evidence"?

Exactly, and it's the select button next to quote. Press post reply after that.

Well the belief in ghosts is a tradition based on superstition and paranoia. What reliable proof is there? None at all.

Ghosts were thought up millenia ago to explain what happened after death, when there was a lack of scientific understanding in the world. Lets think about this for a minute, we KNOW we are alive because of our brain activity, we can think for ourselves because this gives us conciousness. When we die our brain fails and will no longer function, so how can this conciousness and reaction still survive without the brain? (don't say it's your soul.. because that argument lacks evidence and common sense as well ¬_¬)

Also BILLIONS of people have died throughout the universes existence, a couple of sightings of individuals does not seem like a reasonable proportion of the 'dead community'.

Photographs of 'ghosts' are highly contradictory or easily debunked - ranging from which are very often camera flares, smudges and ripples on glass, reflections, to people dressed up and or those who happened to get into a camera shot with the subjects not knowing. The evidence of ghosts almost completely come down to film evidence, which are very often misenterpreted, or many which are admittedly staged.

Mediums and those whom contact the dead are very often fraudsters and work in by 'hot/cold reading' to draw out the person into belief they are making contact. The same applies for a ouji board - where ghostly communication comes from subconcious movements. For more in depth explanations look into the Seance that Derren Brown recreated.

How about ghosts in clothing? How can non living items pass into the afterlife and exist as whatever a ghost is meant to be (a gas?).

'Feelings' of ghosts can very often be explained by solar activty, lack of oxygen, magnetic distortions and classic paranoia. A controlled experiment involved the public being told a normal house was haunted, after which ghostly reports increased in the building by 500%, where every noise was 'evidence' of the ghosts.

I could go on for quite a while... But lack of faith all comes down to common sense.
    Now lets take your examples briefly, I have never had a 'paranormal' experience, becuase I don't believe in them. There are probably a number of logical reasons that could explain your experiences. With time comes memory loss of detail, repitition of the story always leads to subtle changes and exagerrations until eventually comes a point when it can only be explained by something beyond normal.

Now what evidence do you have to PROVE the existence of ghosts?
    There is no proof (or disproof) for the FLying Spaghetti Monster but lots of logical reasons why you wouldn't believe in it, ghosts are no different.

PWNT

Why the heck would you want to know that. It takes all the fun out of everything. And sometiems you ahve to say it, what good is proof?

How many unlogical things ahve been proposed in the past yet have been proven to be true later. Ghost could still be proven one day, yet it would be difficult.
    What's the fun in thinking that as soon as you die, it's nothingness. even if it is true why would you want to tell yourself that. It'd keep me paranoid.

Whole civilizations dedicated their lives to the "afterlife." And that helps me realise why I don't like you that much.
    Giving proof of your opinion is all fine and dandy, but that little pwnt mainly at the end shows me that you have no respect for anyone else's opinion that disagree's with your own.

If you don't believe in ghost's and spirits, that's fine. There's not much valuable proof saying they exist, but many of us will still keep believing until the dfay when everythin that's ever happened is explained.

Eos Aduro

Years
    Yeah, I would rather die and know i can still be on earth and see my loved ones then know my brain goes PHLP and I can;t freak out kids with Ouji Boards. Where's the fun in facts anyways, 2+2 should equal 2,38576493738576493923872 and a POP 578563483645 because life is way awesomer that way.

Death_Mande

Avenged Sevenfold.
    Years
    This is what i think. Everything in the "Holy Bible" Is a lie. I go with Science+Math aswell. Some scientists believe that the world has been blown up about 4-5 times and recreated itself. And humans and every single living thing in the world was created by a meteor that fell from outside the solar system. Thus, answering your question, No it is all a pile of poo.

Back