• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Giving back

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
Years
  • I know this is probably like... the 10th Christmas thread but NYEH.

You get Christmas presents from family, friends, etc., but do you give presents to others AND do you use your own money if you do?

I used to use my parents' money to get the presents, then I got nothing for anybody, and now I use my own money to get things for people. I usually just buy them a nice SHIRT from Wal-Mart because I don't have too much to spend, but yeah >>'

Wish

No spoils for the meek.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2018
    Meh, I use my parents money to buy gifts for other people. They understand that I want to be nice and give to other people. So I just ask for their wallets and off to Wal-Mart. ^.^

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
    Years
  • Well, I don't have any close relatives (besides mom & dad), so in any case I guess you could say I'm a "selfish" person when it comes to money. Not like I care that you call me one... D:

Whatever...

Erimgard

Rocket's Revenge
    Years
  • I by presents for a few friends here and there
    I use my own money
    Just cheap stuff. Bought a Frank Gore rookie card for my friend Sean because that's his favorite player. a cheap, but loveable, present

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    I am kinda selfish at mind also, but my hearts on the other side. I tend to buy stuff with my own money for gifts for friends and my little bros.

Spoiler:

Anti

return of the king
    Years
  • Ah, I love to recieve gifts, but as you get older, you forget more and more about it. I still haven't even made a start of a Christmas list :0 So once that joy fades, you like to give to others, naturally.

My presents are always homemade cards, since I'm a good artist. So yeah, the way I see it, it's the thought that counts. Cliche, I know, but it feels bwetter giving and recieving those kind of gifts IMO.

Years
  • Every Christmas up until now, I haven't given a present to anyone due to having no money. I do have some money this year, though and have considered at least buying a gift for both my parents.

Years
  • I'm actually buying stuff this Christmas for my immediate family. But that's because I have money. :D Sure, I could've made presents, but I'm not that creative most of the time.

I have to ship them off still, though. :/ They'll get them late, but they'll get them~

Years
    • Age 118
    • Seen Jan 25, 2022
    Your all very selfish people lol.

I do buy my family and close friends persents.

but i forget people sometimes.

lol

i need to star my shopping soon

Years
    • MA
    • Seen Jul 26, 2008
    I have a job at CVS, but I only work like, 1 day a week. I could work more but..Y'know..

Anyways, i usually buy people things with my own money. Usually I'll just end up with like..a mass of Cds for everyone I know. When I don't know what to get anyone, I usually just resort to lurking the music department at best buy <.<

Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2011
    I'm going abroad before Xmas so have already got most of the family shopping done online. So far I've spent £100 ($200) and expecting to spend a lot more.

It's all good though, I have a great job and £5000+ in my bank ;D

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2015
    I don't give people presents at Christmas, too much monies to spend.

But there is an exception to that, my girlfriend. Just about.

Years
    • Age 118
    • Seen Jan 25, 2022
    I swear you are all selfish not giveing presents

U all only children?

Waffle-San

Blue-Steel
    Years
  • I buy my close relitaves something with my own money. (is in my MOm, Dad, Brother, and sometimes grandparents. I made their gift in wood shop this year).
    I am one to lone money from people, I'm ussually broke.
    Then I tned to get my friends like candy canes or something.

Himawarii

LOOOONGITUDE
    Years
  • I'd buy people presents with my own money but I barely have money fer myself D:

Thats why I make them home made presents x3~

Miyu-chan

.::f l o w e r g i r l::.
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Apr 23, 2014
    Hmmm, reviving old thread, but this is such a fun topic! :D

I have money left over from my summer job (and college financial aid, hahaha), so I bought presents! :3

mom: hand lotion and foot cream, a mom mood detector kit, and a pressure cooker.
    little brother: a uc davis t-shirt, 'good eats' dvd box set, ipod earphones with a $15 itunes gift card.
    dad: 'uc davis dad' keychain
    roommate #1: Lion Plushie, How to make sushi kit with materials.
    roommate #2: Puppy Plushie, Sleeping kit.
    friend #1: lotion set
    friend #2: bubble bath and hand soap
    friend #3: bubble bath and snowman plushie
    friend #4: doggy beanbag
    friend #5: kitten beanbag
    neighbor: perfume and lotion set with sees lollipops
    bible study leader: lotion and body spray set
    other people: chocolate.

...as a result, I am broke. :'(

Back