• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Giving Pokemon to your children

WingedDragon

Competitive Trainer
Years
  • Say you were able to obtain a real pokemon (providing they exist) which mon would you give it your child and why?

For me I would say growlithe. Simply put. Its loyality. I know it will be there for the rest of my kids life and it would keep my child warm if need be. Also when it evolves I wouldnt have to get a car for my kid. XD

ISA56 2.0

The one and only!
    Years
  • I would probably give my kid a Pokemon who is usually misunderstood, such as Absol, to show them there are no "bad" Pokémon. Also, I guess they could ride Absol...?

Last edited:

Okazaki~Tomoya

A place were dreams come true
    Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2013
    Id give my kids a butterfree. Not for any specific reason for their benefit but for mine!
    If they wont go to sleep when they are told all it takes is a quick sleep powder!

Powerserge

The Imminent Victor
    Years
  • Errr....I'd give my kid an Eevee, because it can become so many different things. I would want my kid to realize that about themselves, too.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
    Years
  • I would give my child a Ralts. As it can read emotions, it is able to know when my child is unhappy or emotional and thus can comfort him/her in times of need. This can also be a money and a time saver as Ralts can Teleport my child to his/her destination in a blink of an eye without producing a single gram of CO2.

Pinta77

I would give my kid a Latios because it has parenting instincts and it can become invisible so no one else would have to know. It could follow my kid around and help him out if he's in trouble.

But I dont have a kid or a latios. :(

Years
    • Seen Sep 28, 2013
    When i clicked on this thread i was expecting to see something like are your children into Pokemon, or Did you get them into Pokemon, or did they discover it for themselves type of thing.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    That's an interesting question :o

Probably just the basic version of whatever their favorite was. Unless their favorite was Scyther or something, then they'd just be stuck with a Caterpie...

Basically anything small, easy to care for, and relatively harmless!

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    When i clicked on this thread i was expecting to see something like are your children into Pokemon, or Did you get them into Pokemon, or did they discover it for themselves type of thing.

I actually prepared an answer to that question before I opened the thread :P

A Dratini. They'd be stuck with this stupid snake thing which seems nothing special...then it'd evolve into a bigger snake thing that's slightly useful...then BAM! Great big mofo dragon! Teach patience if it actually gets that far anyway :P

Well, if they were about 15...I'm not giving a 6ft snake to a five year-old, they'd get a Poliwag or a Pikachu (if the little rat chewed through any electricity cables, we'd just hook him up to our house instead). Plus Dratini are quite rare.

Years
  • Depending on how young my kid is, I'd probably end up giving them an Eevee. That way, they could make the decision themselves on what type of Pokemon they would evolve their Eevee into, if they wanted to evolve it at all. If they were a little bit older and they had fairly distinctive personalities, I might change up the Pokemon that I'd give them based on what I think they like.

Miss Anne Thrope

Disgusted
    Years
  • I don't think I'd give my child a Pokemon based solely on it's species. Surely the species is an outline for how a Pokemon will act, but we all know from the anime that Pokemons' personalities are diverse and varied depending on the particular Pokemon.

I'd let my child pick their Pokemon. I remember there was some sort of egg farm in the anime. I'd take my kid there and let her pick out an egg or newly hatched Pokemon.

Sandshrew4

Also known as Sandwich
    Years
  • I'd give my kid a Sandshrew! Because its cute, and wouldn't get hurt easily, so tantrums and throwing things wouldn't harm it. Plus it's a good size, so it wouldn't need a room to itself or something.
    Also I love Sandshrews!

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Leafeon; I suppose my moralistic bent as a parent would be along the lines of teaching respect for and understanding of nature.

Back