• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Glitch Thread

~Night

~!~Miss Cow~!~
    Years
    Since the last glitch thread was locked, I was wondering if I could start a new glitch thread for D/P/P? Or has somebody already done that?

Rules:
    1. Don't talk about cheating devices{we want to know about true glitches in D/P/P, not ones that you forced with cheat codes}
    2. When you post a glitch, say which game(s) it takes place in, and for which version of the game, and if the glitch only occurred during a certain release time(eg; the surfing glitch for D/P) then say the general time of the release {ex; Pokemon Platinum, Japanese Version, First two months. . .}
    3. PLEASE DO NOT TALK ABOUT THE D/P SURFING THROUGH THE ELITE 4 DOOR GLITCH!!!!!(Please do not talk about the D/P surfing through the elite 4 glitch!!!) Do not only talk about the surfing glitch. Before posting anything about it, please check the old thread.
    4. DO NOT POST NONSENSICAL GLITCHES(Do not post nonsensical glitches){ex; Cynthia has dittos when I was playing mario!!}
    5. No spamming {ex; OMG!! PACHIRISU LOOKS SO MUCH LIKE CHEESE!!![OMG!! Pachirisu looks so much like cheese!!!] ; Where do you get a bicycle in Pokemon Platinum? ; Y0\/ )-(a)(0r$ ar3 $0 |a/\/\!!! ; You guys suck eggs because you cheat. You have no life you [insert insult here]! ; cool! filllllllllleeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrr ; etc.}
    6. PLEASE KEEP THE THREAD ALIVE(Please keep the thread alive){the last thread was locked because it was 'revived' after a month of no one posting}
    *rule number six is optional, but reccomended

~Night

P.S. it'd probably be best if this thread was approved by a moderator before someone posted here, so unless to HAVE to say something, please wait. - Thanks Color Me Evil

Last edited:

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
    I have the best (helpful) glitch ever! I walked into a Pokemon centre and there was the green man, the one that gives you mystery gifts, and he said
    ""Aiden right? I have some thing for you."
    Obtained the Azure Flute!" So yeah, I walk to Spear Pillar and sure enough, it works! so thats it, I have Arceus nicknamed Wonder. Lvl100 after training

Sweet Speed

Smile...
    Years
    I have the best (helpful) glitch ever! I walked into a Pokemon centre and there was the green man, the one that gives you mystery gifts, and he said
    Obtained the Azure Flute!" So yeah, I walk to Spear Pillar and sure enough, it works! so thats it, I have Arceus nicknamed Wonder. Lvl100 after training
    Does that really work? I've never heard of such a Glitch and what game does it work with.

Circuit

Years
    I don't really know how it worked but it just happened. It happened on Pearl. I had;

Swampert
    Torterra
    Charizard
    Errm well I can't remember the other three because it was soooo long ago but hope that helps =D.

~Night

~!~Miss Cow~!~
    Years
    Had you even ever attempted doing Mystery Gift before??

~Night

Gelidice

Larvitar, sky forme!
    Years
    i was standing in front of the PC and dropped my DS, and the whole screen flashed black and froze, and a loud buzzing was everywhere. My screen said "error, please insert DS card in system" and turned off.

Glitter Stain

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2011
    Uh, ~Night, can you rewrite the rules to where it includes the proper amount of lowercase letters? I'm finding it really hard to read.

...And why can't we talk about the Surfing Glitch? o.o;

i was standing in front of the PC and dropped my DS, and the whole screen flashed black and froze, and a loud buzzing was everywhere. My screen said "error, please insert DS card in system" and turned off.
    That's not a glitch, that's just a User-Product Disagreement. ]:

~Night

~!~Miss Cow~!~
    Years
    Uh, ~Night, can you rewrite the rules to where it includes the proper amount of lowercase letters? I'm finding it really hard to read.
    Sorry about that o.o
    ...And why can't we talk about the Surfing Glitch? o.o;
    That was overly talked about in the old thread{I remember a moderator saying that they would close the thread if it kept being talked about or something like that}, and it says everything in the first post of the old thread anyways. . .

~Night

Ripper

The Dark Knight
    Years
    In areas where youy're followed by NPCs (Cheryl, Riley etc.) if you see any other NPCs that can walk around (entrance to Eterna Forest) those NPCs can walk right over the top of the followers. Try it out with Cherly and the entrance to Eterna Forest.

~Night

~!~Miss Cow~!~
    Years
    In areas where youy're followed by NPCs (Cheryl, Riley etc.) if you see any other NPCs that can walk around (entrance to Eterna Forest) those NPCs can walk right over the top of the followers. Try it out with Cherly and the entrance to Eterna Forest.
    What do you mean? Can't you always walk over flowers? Could you show a picture of it or something?

~Night

Ripper

The Dark Knight
    Years
    I'm not able to , but I'll draw a little picture...
    C = Cheryl
    o = Other NPC that walks around (any)
    X = Player

|------------------------------|
    | |
    | o C |
    | X |
    | |
    | |
    |-----------------------------|

If you stand where you are, sometimes the o will walk on top of C.
    This is because Cheryl isn't actually solid, rather just an image.

~Night

~!~Miss Cow~!~
    Years
    I'm not able to , but I'll draw a little picture...
    C = Cheryl
    o = Other NPC that walks around (any)
    X = Player

|------------------------------|
    | |
    | o C |
    | X |
    | |
    | |
    |-----------------------------|

If you stand where you are, sometimes the o will walk on top of C.
    This is because Cheryl isn't actually solid, rather just an image.
    I see.
    I guess they should have thought of that when the made the game =/

~Night

nssfleahedgehog

Master of the W Universe
    Years
    Not sure if this is a glitch, but today I found out that if you go to Spring Path from Route 214, enter Sendoff Spring, exit, and go back to Route 214, the BGM for Route 214 doesn't turn back on. So you can walk around Route 214 in complete silence. Of course, the BGM comes back if you go to Valor Lakefront and go back, or encounter a wild Pokemon on Route 214.

Circuit

Years
    That's strange. . .I wonder if you'll ever figure out how that happened. . .Any other glitches in your game that may have something to do with it?

~Night

Well I seem to encounter a lot of shinies. And whenever I've been trying to get something (like Mesprit) I find it when I've given up. It also appears wherever I am (like right on top of me). Does the surfing gitch always work? I saw it on the old one and wondered if it always worked.

~Night

~!~Miss Cow~!~
    Years
    Well I seem to encounter a lot of shinies. And whenever I've been trying to get something (like Mesprit) I find it when I've given up. It also appears wherever I am (like right on top of me). Does the surfing gitch always work? I saw it on the old one and wondered if it always worked.
    Exactly how often do you find shinies?

They fixed the surfing glitch a while after they released the first versions Pokemon Diamond and Pearl.

~Night

Back