• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Glitch Thread

nssfleahedgehog

Master of the W Universe
    Years
    I've seen weird stuff on the GTS too. I'll look up a Pokemon and there will be one with the sprite and name of a different Pokemon, but it will say it is the species I looked up (ex. I look up Rayquaza, one there will have Deoxys' sprite, be named "Deoxys," but will still be a Rayquaza). Fortunately, I've had no problems like this happen to myself.

Changing the subject, I've found a spriting glitch in the game, so if anyone wants to hear it, let me know.

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
    It is true. I swear it wasn't a cheat. He said Deoxys. it must be a glitch because there is no other thing it could be.

~Night

~!~Miss Cow~!~
    Years
    Never. I doubt it was an event because There wasn't anything advertised about events. No I think it was a normal glitch. If you don't believe me I can trade it to you.
    There are two reasons why I wont let you trade it to me:
    One; Sometimes glitches can harm your game >.<
    Two; If it is hacked, then it will disable trading pokemon in my game )=

Also as it happens, I got the munchlax an hour later. It was shiny, japanese, and hatched. I don't think it was legit. :disappoin
    Don't trade it to anyone because sometimes when a hacked pokemon is traded to your game trading pokemon is disabled for that person.

It is true. I swear it wasn't a cheat. He said Deoxys. it must be a glitch because there is no other thing it could be.
    Could you take a picture of it's stats or something?

~Night

CombatArmsWarrior

A new Year is about to begin..
    Years
    Oh hey. This glitch i know is a sound giltch, I don't think anyone posted this glitch yet becuase I checked the old thread, but here goes: If u ride a bike and dash back and forth in spring path and the route outside, u won't hear any sound. after u go to a new route, The sound is back. If someone doesn't get on what I'm saying then I will reply back. This glitch is kinda easy but hard to explain.

Years
    Oh hey. This glitch i know is a sound giltch, I don't think anyone posted this glitch yet becuase I checked the old thread, but here goes: If u ride a bike and dash back and forth in spring path and the route outside, u won't hear any sound. after u go to a new route, The sound is back. If someone doesn't get on what I'm saying then I will reply back. This glitch is kinda easy but hard to explain.
    Yeah, there's a video of it on YouTube somewhere.

You must start at Sendoff Spring, and go out into Spring Path. Then just go to the main route, go in a way, go back off, and come back on, and it should work.

Anyone ever hear of the "Gotcha!" glitch?
    It involves yelling GOTCHA! Into the microphone right when the pokeball opens up. It is rumored to have the effects of a Master Ball, but it doesn't ALWAYS work, but it does seem to increase my catch rate usually.

nssfleahedgehog

Master of the W Universe
    Years

That's the first glitch I mentioned, and you don't need to be riding the bicycle to have it work.

It involves yelling GOTCHA! Into the microphone right when the pokeball opens up. It is rumored to have the effects of a Master Ball, but it doesn't ALWAYS work, but it does seem to increase my catch rate usually.

That doesn't sound like a glitch. How could the programmers accidently program that into the game? If it actually works (and isn't just a coincidence that you catch the Pokemon when you yell that into the microphone) how could that be programmed without the programmers' knowledge?

Anyway, the spriting glitch I found in the game is that the sprite for the Defog HM is colored like a Water-type TM/HM, not a Flying-type TM/HM like Fly.

S.Bustathedog

Chuckle brothers! LOL
    Years
    I haven't come across one yet but I might have but i was tired but here is what happened:

Ok, I had let go a Bidoof that new surf I think level 60 {i trianed cuz i was bored :S}, anyway i was training a weavill that i had ev trained and I was just hurrying througth the Victory road and I saw my Bidoof AND it used surf on me now i killed it I don't know if my eys where deciving me {i don't even think you can get a Bidoof in the Vicotory road, MEH it could have been somewhere else this was a long time ago}.

I als had another one the same night but MUCH later I was going througth the Elite 4 with my Weavile {lvl 80 FYI} and i clicked on Night slash AND I know i clicked on it im a 100% sure I did but it used Icepunch now my Ice punch was the 4th move and Night slash the 1st so that one got me aswelll

As I say I was tired so it might not have happened :D but other wise yer BYE

CombatArmsWarrior

Years
    Not sure if this is a glitch, but today I found out that if you go to Spring Path from Route 214, enter Sendoff Spring, exit, and go back to Route 214, the BGM for Route 214 doesn't turn back on. So you can walk around Route 214 in complete silence. Of course, the BGM comes back if you go to Valor Lakefront and go back, or encounter a wild Pokemon on Route 214.

oh sorry. I didn't find that here until now. sorry Nssfleaheadgehog. I didn't know.

Pingouin_7

MenceMaster: Please... Why does everyone have to think "YAY I FOUND A CATCH RATE INCREASING GLITCH!!!" everytime they succeed in catching a Pokémon? (OMG I w0z eeting a s4ndw1ch en 1 c4ught Reyquza wit 0en Pokéball111!!111!! This is a glitch!!!)

S.Bustathedog: You must have dreamed for the first one (You said it was the night;we dream at night.) and you should try recalibrating your DS's screen. (Options on the Main DS screen)

Last edited:

CombatArmsWarrior

Years

really? I might as well try the giltch, but I don't think it is a glitch...

S.Bustathedog

Chuckle brothers! LOL
    Years
    S.Bustathedog: You must have dreamed for the first one (You said it was the night;we dream at night.) and you should try recalibratring your DS's screen. (Options on the Main DS screen)

Yer I think i did dream the first one {it happenedto me in emerald also with a zigzagoon knowing surf and I KNOW I didn't dream that one}

And i have recalibrated my DS i did it that very morning but meh

BYE

Zowayix

hi
    Years
    I read somewhere about a "Transform Glitch" only working on Japanese versions of D/P that allow you to put any moveset onto a Ditto, and therefore teach any pokemon any (potentially illegal) set of egg moves (like Belly Drum + Aqua Jet Azumarill).
    I've already read about the Ditto Glitch in Jap D/P allowing you to duplicate items, but can someone tell me how do to this "Transform Glitch"?

Years
    I read somewhere about a "Transform Glitch" only working on Japanese versions of D/P that allow you to put any moveset onto a Ditto, and therefore teach any pokemon any (potentially illegal) set of egg moves (like Belly Drum + Aqua Jet Azumarill).
    I've already read about the Ditto Glitch in Jap D/P allowing you to duplicate items, but can someone tell me how do to this "Transform Glitch"?

I've heard of it but never found out more about it...

But further into tweaking. In the void, someone managed to find the REAL Turnback Cave, well, one room of it, and I'm not sure which one it was. But this means that separate areas CAN be found, meaning the Hall might be reachable... BUT we need someone to use an Azure Flute game cheat, go up to Spear Pillar, activate the Flute, then use walk anywhere to go off the map, into the Mystery Zone, and back to see if the Hall is still loaded.
    Please help us by doing so if you are willing.

~Night

~!~Miss Cow~!~
    Years
    The affects of a Master ball but doesn't always work? That doesn't make any sense, so I highly doubt that's a real glitch.

Ok, I had let go a Bidoof that new surf I think level 60 {i trianed cuz i was bored :S}, anyway i was training a weavill that i had ev trained and I was just hurrying througth the Victory road and I saw my Bidoof AND it used surf on me now i killed it I don't know if my eys where deciving me {i don't even think you can get a Bidoof in the Vicotory road, MEH it could have been somewhere else this was a long time ago}.
    What??? So it used surf on itself or did it use surf on your other pokemon in a double battle??? Or did it do something else??? (sorry, but I'm really confused about what you just said!)

~Night: Stop spreading misinformation.
    Where? Which post??

~Night

Pingouin_7

The "don't trade me a hacked Pokémon it will disable trading in my game".

~Night

~!~Miss Cow~!~
    Years
    The "don't trade me a hacked Pokémon it will disable trading in my game".
    That's just what I've heard from other people, and I'm pretty sure I said that somewhere else in the post, too.

Hmm, when I come to Hearthome city, there's a girl who seems like she's fused to a Pachirisu...Like it the girl was stuck to the Pachirisu..
    o.o can you give us a picture?

~Night

Back