• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Glitch Thread

Years
  • Well, when you get the Manaphy Egg from the green guy, it is still not preset. You must go to a Pokémon Center, and trade in the Union Room to your other game. Save after leaving the room, and then hatch it. If it is not shiny (Because it is programmed to be non-shiny at birth, but the game checks the OT of the Egg, not the current trainer, so that way it can still be shiny) then trade back over, save in the original trainer's game, and reset the other game. Make your way to the Pokémon Center (You may need 2 Pokemon, not just your starter) and trade again. Repeat until it is shiny.
    Not a glitch, just common sense. And extremely tedious. Something glitchy about shiny Manaphy, though, is that it doesn't appear shiny on the egg hatch animation.

I've done tweaking a few times, but to no practical use. I turned Route 202 into a black void which behaved normally when you walked into it. I made an invisible wall in Jubilife City. I also crashed my game by trying it on Cycling Road.

Blue Nocturne

Not THAT one.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 6, 2013
    For some reason the BGM for the lakes was playing on Route 229 once. Not complaining though i like that music but it really doesn't suit such a route

Mainichi

ショボショボ
    Years
  • Strange GTS Glitch?

I noticed something when I was using the GTS, and it's happened quite a few times, over a large amount of time (like a year).

Just to start with an example, I've been looking around for a Dialga. I came across a Dialga with the name LUGIA (caps like the game), and it showed the sprite for Lugia. I wanted to trade for it to see if it was a Lugia, and I did, and it showed that it was sending over a Lugia, when I recieved it, it was just a Dialga.

I was looking on the GTS yesterday afternoon, at Articunos. There was an Articuno named RAIKOU with the sprite of Raikou, but it was like...

RAIKOU/
    ARTICUNO

The Dialga was also...

LUGIA/
    DIALGA

Does anybody know if this is a glitch? Or is this how the game recognizes pokemon on the GTS? In general? I have no idea. I have a video on my camera of the Articuno looking like a Raikou if anybody has doubts, I'll be more than happy to upload on request. I took a video of the Dialga that looked like a Lugia on my Grandma's camera, but she didn't think I wanted it, so she deleted it a long time ago. :(

Also, sorry if anybody has posted something about this, I really didn't take too much time looking around.

Years
  • It happened to me lots of times; more than 10 and mainly with legendaries.
    I didn't trade them as I was afraid of being a hack but what I know is it isn't a glitch but maybe something wrong in the system as many trainers are complaining due to the broken system.

Detox

Yeah...the GTS was sorta a bad idea, and its filled with hacks and crap [/off topicness]

meh, I was looking at Zapdos's yeaterday and one was named Banette ,I was going to trade it but the n the GTS started acting gay.

Raquaza'sMoltresLegand64

Rayquaza shall get avevenged..
    Years
  • I once searched up Blaziken or a Pokemon like that.There was someone who wanted a Mewtwo.Any way it was called Blaziken and it had the sprite of Mewtwo.
    It's a mixup I think.Anyway,Does anybody know any glitches in the Austrailian versions?

Last edited:

Mainichi

ショボショボ
    Years
  • I don't know, I've never played in Australian version Pokemon games, although it would be interesting to see if there were any different glitches between versions.

Sorry about making a thread, I should have looked harder... x3 At least it's been moved.

Years
  • I have actually found out that tweaking in some places allows you to load new parts to a map in the wrong spot, such as Route 222, and Jubilife's West area.

Kit-Tsukasa

Shiny Mew and Espeon Lover
    Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2012
    Has anyone had this happen before?

I was playing my pearl version today which I haven't touched in maybe about 6 months, and when I'm at the 5th or 6th badge I believe. This is my lineup: Charizard, Meganium, Empoleon, Lucario, Espeon, Umbreon (I traded from my diamond when I first started so this is not the glitch).

The glitch or bug was when I went into my first battle (it was a double battle), I sent out Charizard and Meganium, but it wasn't their sprites. Instead Infernape and Torterra's sprites showed up. When I went into another battle afterwards, it was was fixed. Can anyone possibly explain why this happened or can anyone else vouch that this happened to them before as well? I have never used an AR to hack/create pokemon. I've only used it to clone, IV check, and small little things but haven't used it on my pearl for well over 6 months now either.

Snicker_Kicker

Let's kick some Snickers...
    Years
    • Seen Feb 24, 2014
    One time, I was battling the E4 and training my fully EV'd Heracross to Lv. 100. I came to Flint and I was really excited because I had just taught my Heracross Stone Edge and was ready to take out Rapidash and Infernape (my Heracross was Lv. 71 at the time.) I came to Rapidash and I defeated it easily, but the weirdest thing happened...

My Heracross gained 4000-something EXP and the game said "Heracross grew to Lv. 100!" I was alike "Sweet!" My awesome little Heracross was Lv. 100! However, after the battle was over and the screen faded, I went to check my Heracross' stats and was disappointed to find it was only Lv. 72...

This was on my Pearl btw.

Tbird

Don
    Years
  • weather this is a glitch or not i dunno but i bought my little brother 'silver' and he ended up starting with a shiny totodile ... i mean whats the chances of that :o

Years
  • I just discovered (or I think I discovered it o__o) something really cool!

It's a significant improvement to the "find Nature of an egg" glitch. This glitch usually involves the release of a Pokémon to do. I've found that if you time it right, you can do it simply by switching boxes using the L/R buttons. Set it up so that in two adjacent boxes, you have your egg and any other Pokémon in the same slot. Move from the box with the Pokémon to the box with the egg. Time it just so that it moves from the Type screen to the Nature screen right as the egg becomes selected. For a split-second, you will see the egg's nature! And no Pokémon need to be released!

Unfortunately, this cannot tell you if the egg contains a shiny, since that info isn't revealed on those screens.

Tbird: Since I've never heard of anything of the sort, you probably just got uber-lucky.

Glitchfinder

Let's all get along, please?
    Years
  • On the other hand, I have. It used to be common practice for people to restart a game until they had a shiny starter. I have a black Charizard that my little brother started with in Firered, simply because he sat around restarting his game for a month. Also, one glitch I have noticed is that, in every game, you can get texture problems if you go from one map to another in a way you aren't meant to. I was tweaking in my Diamond, and I ended up going into route 216 from route 211 and the textures were based on the ones in route 211, until I started moving again. (Basically, the game cannot load the textures until you are actually on the map, and so you are using the textures from your current map, until you move onto the map and move out of your original view range) I've done this using a walk thru walls cheat in R/S/E as well, going over the tunnel thing into the town, instead of going thru it. (As in the tunnel that had all that weird green fog)

Dan :3

Gonna Join an RP
    Years
  • For all the people talking about going into the GTS, looking for Pokemon X and seeing Pokemon Y (using X and Y as variables), it's a simple mistake the GTS makes sometimes. Searching for a Charmander and seeing a Aipom, usually if you look you'll see that the person wanted te Aipom for his Charmander.

Ehwick

Pkmn Trainer
    Years
  • For all the people talking about going into the GTS, looking for Pokemon X and seeing Pokemon Y (using X and Y as variables), it's a simple mistake the GTS makes sometimes. Searching for a Charmander and seeing a Aipom, usually if you look you'll see that the person wanted te Aipom for his Charmander.

Yeah that makes sense because everytime it did that to me that was the Pokemon that person was looking for.

(sorry about the red)

Snyser

Champion
    Years
  • I found a glich i dont no if it already mentiond but if you use firefang on a spiritomb or a other pokemon with wonderguard you actualy HIT HIM!!!!!!!!!

Years
  • I found a glich i dont no if it already mentiond but if you use firefang on a spiritomb or a other pokemon with wonderguard you actualy HIT HIM!!!!!!!!!

Quite a handy glitch if you know the person you're fighting uses hacks. Never had the chance to do it myself, though.

Also, on the GTS glitch thing, I saw a Celebi with a dialga sprite. Looks like the Time Traveller got a promotion to Time Controller.:laugh:

Kit-Tsukasa

Shiny Mew and Espeon Lover
    Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2012
    Quite a handy glitch if you know the person you're fighting uses hacks. Never had the chance to do it myself, though.

This is probably because the game recognizes the Wonderguard spiritomb as a Shedinja since Shedinja is the only one who can learn this ability....

Back