• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Global Trade Station

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I've come to the decision to leave the Pokémon sprites on the style just as they are shown (only more transparent) in the images shown.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I like this theme, but I was wondering if you had noticed some of white spaces inside some of the sprites like Kricketune and Swellow. Those definitely need to be removed.

When I uploaded that last image, I was working on the image that I had all the excessive white removed but closed it without saving and lost all progress. But don't worry, they've been removed a long time ago. I just haven't gotten around to uploading another screen cap as, if you read through my posts, it's been implemented into a style on another forum and is being worked on as is.

Years
    I think the reason the Pokémon sprites don't fit is because they're so "pixely" and contrast with the otherwise smooth art. IMO, Sugimori art would work much better.

Sweet style :)

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
    Finally! the dark blue theme we need. I love it and if the end product is something like it is in the previews, I'm sure that it will be my new default. Great for a first time theme, Abercombie.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I think the reason the Pokémon sprites don't fit is because they're so "pixely" and contrast with the otherwise smooth art. IMO, Sugimori art would work much better.

Sweet style :)

Sugimori art on a theme that's based on a site that uses sprites? :|

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Two things I feel should be addressed:

1. The main concern seems to be whether sprites are going to be used, and they are. Just as you see them in the image is how they are going to be on the style. That's something that I'm very keen on keeping regardless of if a few people disagree with the decision. I feel I should emphasis that due to the fact that so many of the posts are of complaints lately of the sprites being used. That's been finalized and will not be changing. Sorry to those who dislike them, but... tough.

2. The main font of the style is going to be Franklin Gothic Medium with a little bit of Tahoma. If you dislike this font, of course, you are free to choose whatever font to use as a supplement using the option to change the font of a style in your User CP.

The only thing that's needed with the theme is a bit of tweeking in the code as there's a problem when threads are displayed. Apart from that, everything that's on the theme in the image below is what's staying on it unless it calls to be changed. But I'm pretty sure that Luke and I are rather focused on the style the way it's shown. What I guess I'm trying to do is ask if you have a concern about something, apart from the sprites being used, please feel free to share your opinion. But anything about the sprites, "Cool story, bro".

Thanksssss.

IMAGES
    https://i39.tinypic.com/eb4q4l.jpg
    https://i42.tinypic.com/2w2imhx.jpg
    https://i42.tinypic.com/11h7atx.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    Two things I feel should be addressed:

1. The main concern seems to be whether sprites are going to be used, and they are. Just as you see them in the image is how they are going to be on the style. That's something that I'm very keen on keeping regardless of if a few people disagree with the decision. I feel I should emphasis that due to the fact that so many of the posts are of complaints lately of the sprites being used. That's been finalized and will not be changing. Sorry to those who dislike them, but... tough.

2. The main font of the style is going to be Franklin Gothic Medium with a little bit of Tahoma. If you dislike this font, of course, you are free to choose whatever font to use as a supplement using the option to change the font of a style in your User CP.

The only thing that's needed with the theme is a bit of tweeking in the code as there's a problem when threads are displayed. Apart from that, everything that's on the theme in the image below is what's staying on it unless it calls to be changed. But I'm pretty sure that Luke and I are rather focused on the style the way it's shown. What I guess I'm trying to do is ask if you have a concern about something, apart from the sprites being used, please feel free to share your opinion. But anything about the sprites, "Cool story, bro".

Thanksssss.

IMAGES
    https://i39.tinypic.com/eb4q4l.jpg
    https://i42.tinypic.com/2w2imhx.jpg
    https://i42.tinypic.com/11h7atx.jpg
    Okay sprites are in its your theme not ours and I will use it regardless if tacky or not. Now then!
    Smenley? And uh the whole forums the hell? Anyone mind explaining cause I am confused. XD Otherwise great theme. Dark simple and thin like this theme on the supporter boards. Also you rock for using 2000.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Years
    Problems and recommendations:

- Skamory on the background has a white space between legs and stuff. I wouldn't be suprised if a few more sprites may have problems like that XD but yhh, that needs fixing.

- I was wondering if there could be a random order of the sprites instead of their numerical order... maybe that takes alot of scripting... but oh well >.>

- Is it possible to put each sprite in a box and stuff like in the real GTS website?

Zet

Years
    Problems and recommendations:

- Skamory on the background has a white space between legs and stuff. I wouldn't be suprised if a few more sprites may have problems like that XD but yhh, that needs fixing.

- I was wondering if there could be a random order of the sprites instead of their numerical order... maybe that takes alot of scripting... but oh well >.>

- Is it possible to put each sprite in a box and stuff like in the real GTS website?
    read over the thread, that skamory problem has already been mentioned and fixed

Back