• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Global Trade System

Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2014
    So what are everyone's thoughts on this generations global trade system? To me it seems like the trainers putting pokemon on here are asking a bit much for pokemon that could be caught in game. Do you think this is rational? I'd like to hear your thoughts on this. Whenever I put a pokemon in the trade system I ask for a reasonable pokemon to be traded with mine based on level and such. I mean in no way should someone have a zubat for trade and ask for a Xernes or Mewtwo xD

Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2016
    Yeah, this always happens, and it's annoying, but it's hardly surprising given the ages of some of the people playing this game. The important thing is that there are still plenty of reasonable people out there using the GTS. The thing to do is to check often, because the reasonable offers usually won't be up there for long. Or even better, deposit your own Pokemon. I've had mine snapped up within seconds before haha.

One thing i really don't understand is why Articuno is worth so much more on the GTS than Moltres and Zapdos. Do people just really hate Chespin?

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    The thing is it's a cascading effect. One guy wants Articuno for Gliscor, one guy wants Gliscor and will thus offer something for Articuno. It's a completely flawed system. There's even people asking for Diancie, Hoopa, and Totodile, which is ridiculous.

But as mentioned, there are some genuine trades that do take place. I find trading away Haunters is a very easy way to obtain some of the more common Pokemon or like version exclusives.

Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2014
    Haha, I'm not sure. I picked Chespin first so I have an Articuno just sitting in my box xD

I've found reasonable trades. Like trading my magmortar for Electivire or trading Clamperl with Deep Sea tooth or scale. Things like that are pretty good.

Last edited:

Princess Diana

the people's princess
    Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2023
    The offers are a bit ridiculous, but they have been as far as I can remember the GTS. I was looking for a Shinx and all anybody wanted was a Lv.100 Xerneas!

I like the 'What Pokemon?' function where you can search their name though.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    One thing i really don't understand is why Articuno is worth so much more on the GTS than Moltres and Zapdos. Do people just really hate Chespin?
    The problem is that the majority of players start their game with either Froakie or Fennekin, meaning only the minority is able to get Articuno. Also choosing Chespin doesn't mean that this person actually takes his time to chase and capture Articuno. On the other hand I got mine on the first try. I only had to trade a Lvl 86 Luxray for it :P

If you want to get an easy weak Pokemon for collecting or breeding it's actually pretty easy to find good offers. For more specific things it's easier to throw in your own offer. Like I'm uploading some Luxios that I want some Lvl. 30 Dittos for, mainly because I don't have access to such a FS. It works pretty well so far.

Miau

If I fits...
    Years
    • Seen Oct 31, 2022
    I'm actually happy with the current GTS. I mean, in gen 5 it was truly awful, you could only see a few options at a time and most of the time those were asking for legends lv. 9 and under. You had to filter by gender and even location, and even then it was hard to find a decent request.

With the current GTS, you can even filter by "Pokemon I have" and filter out requests for legends. That's awesome, and it makes it so much more fun. I've had a great experience so far at trading for Ditto (though boy, do they go fast) and Vivillion. Some Pokemon are easier to trade away then others, I think the most wanted non-legends are Scatterbug/Spewpa/Vivillion, Ditto and other Friend Safari Pokemon and anything that trade-evolves (especially Haunter I think).

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
    Years
  • I've had nothing but a positive experience using XYs GTS (once they fixed the crashing issue in Patch 1.1, at least). Using the "not seeking special Pokemon" filter removes all the people asking for legendaries, which is fantastic. Then you can filter further to have it only show players seeking stuff you have, which is incredible.

I ended up chain-trading over the GTS to complete my dex easily.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2014
    i love the GTS in X & Y. being a completest, I used GTS to obtain many needed pokemon, like the different colors of Florges's shiny stone evolutions, both genders of trade-evolve pokemon AND the version-exclusive legendaries, all by putting up sandstorm vivillons.

Caiustheblack

Breeder for the sake of it.
    Years
  • sidenote: Gamefreaks kinda asked for this s**t when they decided to remove Razor Fang from the regular playthrough, thus making Gliscor a semi-legendary (it was my last Kalos pokedex entry missing:o).
    Also, consider how articuno is a most wanted because there is a real shortage of articunos, as people hate picking chespin as starter (and grass starters in general :D)
    However, i cant understand why the GTS couldnt be more complex for this gen (showing Nature, moves, and maybe even IVS and ability). i personally used it to trade junk FS shinies for the legendaries i was missing ;D

Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2016
    sidenote: Gamefreaks kinda asked for this s**t when they decided to remove Razor Fang from the regular playthrough, thus making Gliscor a semi-legendary

Razor Fang is purchasable in the Battle Maison for 48BP though, and in this generation it's incredibly easy to get that amount (4 goes in the Battle Institute does it, doesn't take particularly long).

famillan

Addicted.
    Years
    • PA
    • Seen Dec 29, 2014
    I actually find the GTS awesome. There are many ridiculous offers, yes, I know, but I always do find good trades. I used to breed squirtle a lot and that what I upload to get the pokemon I want and it has worked perfectly well. Now, though, that I have bred Magmar and Electabuzz, I get pokemon I want when I upload them into the GTS too.

I breed a lot and mostly, it becomes convenient because some people want what I have already bred, so it's a quick trade right of the bat.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Online now
    I didn't know you could filter the offers in the GTS. That's nice. It's still filled with way too many people asking for legendaries, but I'm glad you can search for Pokémon you haven't seen yet (which was a bit ridiculous in previous gens. Can't get an Arceus? Go look for one on the GTS. Oh, wait you have to see one to ask for one, but the only way to see one is to catch one).

I have gotten a few good things offa the GTS: the Gooey Modest Goomy that now allows me to breed more of them, a 5IV Joltik, a Japanese Ditto, etc.

So its getting better, but I feel like it could still use some improvements.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Is that really effective? As effective as people offering Level 30 Ditto's in the GTS?
    When I needed random Kangaskhan or Pinsir it was a pretty quick trade. Obviously you have no control over what you're going to get, stat wise, but still.

Incinermyn

The Abomination Lives!!!
    Years
  • One thing I've come to like about this gen's GTS is that it actually lets you filter out all the dumb/troll trades. Granted, not all trades are fair, but I've managed to make more this gen than in the Black and White era games.

Back