• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Going back to the future...

So what do you choose?

• I wanna go back in the past

Votes: 10 38.5%
  • I'm going in the future

Votes: 8 30.8%
  • None

Votes: 5 19.2%
  • I honestly don't know

Votes: 3 11.5%

• Total voters

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
    I wouldn't really want to go to the past to fix those mistakes I've made. The reason is because if it weren't for them, I never would have learned to be a better person. I know the future is much scarier to think about, but I feel it's better to worry more about that then something you did in the past.

KittenKoder

I Am No One Else
    Years
    My life is pretty messed up, but I'd never change it because that's why I am who I am, without those problems I'd be someone else. However, I would like to jump a few thousand years into the future, and stay there. The technology available then would just be awesome.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
    Years
    If I had the chance, even for one single moment. I wanna go to a certain moment in my life that I wanna fix or rather prevent. My life would be so much better if that event never happened.

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    It depends on how far I could go in the future. If I could go beyond death then I would choose the future no doubt. If the world still exists, I would love to know what it would be like in one thousand years. Society would probably change so much that I wouldn't be able to cope with it at first. I would be in disbelief.

If it wasn't after my death, then definitely the past. I would try to correct the mistakes I have made, and would learn. I don't want to know what I'll be doing in the next years. Surprises is a part of life.

«Chuckles»

Sharky
    Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2023
    When aliens from the future come backin time to sightsee and snatch women, tell 'em to bring some hoverboards back with them.
    I would love to go into the future to ride hoverboards and see what kind of technology there is so when I go back to my present I can plagerise and become famous. It isn't wrong if these braniacs haven't been born yet since its from the future. I would alo check out how my life panned out and to see what my future job is. If I went back in time I would probably create a lightbulb before that guy did and just do everything that wasn't ment to happen for another thousand or so years before saying "chuckles is the chosen one he will be born in so and so year beware of him" then I would jump on a hoverboard and go back to my time and see how Mich the world has been destroyed.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
    Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2018
    I would prefer to stay in the present, honestly. I would be nervous about greatly changing the future if I were to change the past. And, as other people mentioned, I would end up worrying about future events if I knew that they were coming.

However, if I were allowed to go back and forth in time, it would be interesting to try to change the future using the past. Then I could go back and change things to see what happened because of it in the future. If it's something negative, I could just go back and change it to the way it was.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    To be honest, I'd rather not jump to the future. Can't seem to find a good way to explain this, but it would simply spoil things for me. If something bad is going to happen to me, I would be extremely worried about it, and would do all sorts of stuff to stop it from occurring. And if something good happens, I wouldn't be as excited as I would be if I didn't know about it beforehand. As for changing things in the past—that, I would definitely do! I've made dozens of mistakes in the past, some of which affected my quite negatively. If I managed to make myself avoid those, then it would've been great! When I was younger, I once broken one of my friend's phone due to anger. As a result, the friendship between was us sort of… broken. d: My dad got the phone replaced for her, but she was still bitter towards me. She isn't like that anymore, though; we're friends again. But unfortunately, we just don't keep contact with each other as much as we used to. If that event didn't take place, none of this would have ever happened.

braixen

the supreme meme
    Years
    i would go to the past and fix all the mistakes i've made because i hate making a fool out of myself. there are things from years ago that i've done that still bother me to this day and i hate having to think about them.

s0nido

turn up the engine
    Years
    warning: incoming cornfest

Well honestly, I wouldn't want to go back to the past or fast-forward into the future. I wouldn't want to go into the past for any reason. Anything that I've experienced that is worth remembering has been committed to memory, and the things that I've forgotten are most likely not worth remembering in the first place. I wouldn't want to go back into the past to change anything either, as the events that have occured in the past, both good and bad, have shaped who I am today. Sure, I've done some pretty bad or embarrassing things, but each of those things have been an experience and a lesson which I can learn from now, and going back to fix what I would see as a mistake would mean reversing events that have shaped me.

As for travel to the future, I wouldn't want to travel into the future either as I would want it to be a surprise - similar to how I wouldn't go and watch the last episode of an anime or TV series before I've even gotten half way through it. I wouldn't be able to understand what's going on if I skipped so far ahead. New people would be around whose backstories I've missed. Events would've led to personality changes and lifestyle changes which I also would've missed. As curious as I am to see what kind of person I become and what situation I'd be in a few years down the track, I think my curiosity would be better satisfied if I were to just live my life as per normal and let the future come to me naturally.

However, travelling forward or back through time to a point where I wouldn't actually be existing is a different situation altogether. It would satisfy my curiosity to see gaps in history that haven't been recorded in history books, or the more dubious parts of history which weren't ever fully understood. It would be really interesting to see what really happened at many historical events, and I wouldn't be able to experience these events any other way. I wouldn't try to change anything, of course - who knows how this would affect the present. I also would love to travel many years into the future, to a time long after I've died. It would be interesting to see how the world would be, and I wouldn't be able to satisfy my curiosity about this any other way.

Back