• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Golden Sun DS: Dark Dawn

Years

As some of you know, the third game of the golden sun series is being released in in the Fourth Quarter of 2010, with an early 2011 American release. The Golden sun franchise was rumored to have disappeared after the game studio that developed the original games, Camelot, spent several years working on other projects, and the plan for a third game was shelved, until the early demos of new Game were revealed at E3.

For those of you who aren't familiar with the Golden Sun Franchise, it was a Role-Playing game, along the lines of Fire Emblem and Final fantasy in terms of game play, and design, etc. the main premise of the old games was to free the continent of Weyard from destruction by returning Alchemy to the world, through the lighting of the four great elemental lighthouses scattered across Weyard.

Personally, The Golden Sun games were the finest GBA games i ever played, hands down. im really looking forward to the new game, but im still nervous that with the DS's graphic capabilities, it may loose some of its Pixely, 2-D charm.

Info from IGN.com:

Nintendo's classic role-playing game series branches out with a new look, countless adventures and heroic battles. At the end of Golden Sun: The Lost Age, the heroes succeeded in bringing the world-healing power of the Golden Sun back to the world of Weyard. In the 30 years since, the immense power of the Golden Sun has changed nearly everything. Continents have shifted. New countries have emerged. New species have appeared. But the world is now imperiled by a new threat.
    Psynergy Vortexes, which suck the elemental Psynergy from both the land and power-wielding Adepts alike, are spreading across the world. The new generation of heroes – the children of those from the previous games–are drawn into the mystery behind the vortexes, as they cross a chaotic world that is succumbing to a new evil...

Screen shots:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

here's the link to the homepage at IGN:

https://ds.ign.com/objects/949/949592.html

So what do you guys think about the new game, based on what you've seen from the trailers and demo at E3 2010? What do you want to see happen? Discuss.

Last edited:

Mirby

Big ol' nerd
    Years
    I'm just gonna copypaste my post about this from another forum.
    ================================

It's Always Darkest Before the Dawn

A classic role-playing game branches out with a new look, countless adventures, and heroic battles. The game picks up 30 years after the first two games in the series left off. A the end of Golden Sun: The Lost Age, The heroes succeeded in bringing the world-healing power of the Golden Sun back to the world of Weyard. In the years since, the immense power of the Golden Sun has changed nearly everything. Continents have shifted. New countries have emerged. New species have appeared. But the world is now imperiled by a new threat. Psynergy Vortexes, which suck the elemental Psynergy from both the land and pwer-wielding Adepts alike, are spreading across the world. The new generation of heroes - the children of those from the previous games - are drawn into the mystery behind the vortexes, as they cross a chaotic world that is succumbing to a new evil.

FEATURES:
    -Amazing graphics and beautifully animated summoning abilities that span both Nintendo DS screens let players experience the game like never before.
    -The story takes place 30 years after the final events of the second game, when the Golden Sun Effect occurred. The main characters are the descendants of the previous game's heroes.
    -Intuitive touch-screen control has been implemented throughout the game, controlling character movements and the release of Psynergy - magical abilities with powerful effects over people and the environment. Touch control also streamlines battle commands and gives players a stronger tactile connection to the action on the screen.
    -Players will explore a vast and beautifully rendered world where they will find many treasures, encounter dangerous creatures and manipulate objects blocking their path. Players will also hunt for and collect Djinn, mysterious elemental elemental creatures used to summon powerful spirits in battle.
    ---
    Nintendo Press Release Packet
    NAME: guest
    PASSWORD: nintendo

CHARACTERS
    Spoiler:

SCREENS
    Spoiler:

More images in the press release.
    ---

And yeah, I'm excited about this. Here's the newest trailer I know of. In it, we get our first look at Crown, albeit from behind. Also, new Atalanta summon.

Last edited:

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
    Years
    I've played both Golden Sun 1 and 2 and loved them both. They were just...

I have only one thing to say about this game. *FANGIRL SQUEE*

valor555

The Only Light in the Deep Sea
    Years
    *Fangirl Squeal* AHEM ummmmm yeah This is by far my favorite JRPG Series of all times if not general RPG, right on par with FF in my opinion. When ever people ask me what some of my favorite games are i'll tell them Golden Sun amongst others and they'll ask me what Golden Sun is and after i tell them they find me ask how they could ever pass over such great games. So obviously i am incredibly excited for GS:DD

Years
    *Fangirl Squeal* AHEM ummmmm yeah This is by far my favorite JRPG Series of all times if not general RPG, right on par with FF in my opinion. When ever people ask me what some of my favorite games are i'll tell them Golden Sun amongst others and they'll ask me what Golden Sun is and after i tell them they find me ask how they could ever pass over such great games. So obviously i am incredibly excited for GS:DD

haha it such an under-rated franchise. it should have been huge. i think it actually got more popular in the time the fans have been waiting. (so Spring 2003-Now) You on youtube and you'll fine hundreds of videos, usually boss battles against Dullahan haha. :D

Poeman

Banned
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Nov 1, 2012
    Female Golden sun fans :O
    I must have died!

Yeah this is probably one of my favorite game series! I honestly can't wait until this comes out, I'll be buying it in stores the first day, along with Golden Sun 1, gotta get another copy :3

Also anyone remember the lost age commercial where they were stranded in the ocean haha

Years

Do you mean this one?

My life is completed. XD Haven't seen that in a long time. i remember wondering to myself, "how does that commercial even apply to GS?"

Female Golden sun fans :O
    I must have died!

Yeah this is probably one of my favorite game series! I honestly can't wait until this comes out, I'll be buying it in stores the first day, along with Golden Sun 1, gotta get another copy :3

Also anyone remember the lost age commercial where they were stranded in the ocean haha

Hopefully my copies of GS and the lost age still work. :o

Does anybody else hope that you can upload your L.A. save file into the new one? (if the old characters are even it it that is)

Last edited:

Mirby

Big ol' nerd
    Years
    Look at the last screenie from my major post. That's Isaac and Garet in battle, same poses and everything.

Yeah, I hope you can transfer data from TLA.

Years
    Look at the last screenie from my major post. That's Isaac and Garet in battle, same poses and everything.

Yeah, I hope you can transfer data from TLA.

im hoping you will be able too, my parties levels range from lvl 62ish (ivan) to 75 for issac and felix. :)

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
    Okay I want this game right now before I die out of nostalgia ;-;

I found that game in the most stupid way and... I loved it XD I have been waiting to know the ending for years.

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
    Years
    I seriously can't wait for this game. <3
    I still have to finish GS:TLA, but I'm looking forward to this new game. : >
    It's easy to tell who's descending from who, though. XD

Years
    im hoping you will be able too, my parties levels range from lvl 62ish (ivan) to 75 for issac and felix. :)
    I damn well hope so. My party is all Lv 99. Needless to say I spent hundreds of hours on this game. It would be a shame if I couldn't get everyone back. Isaac can essentially destroy the bosses single-handedly at that level and together, I could take out Doom Dragon in like 3 turns, from memory. I'll take pics if no-one believes me.

Aside from that, I have my doubts about transfers, because the DSi upwards has no GBA support, and I can't see any DS games supporting features that require older systems. It's bad for Nintendo. I know there won't be code transfers, because people would have found the option to do so in the game. And believe me, there are people who have hacked the game to within an inch of its life. They've found all sorts of unused Psynergy, etc.

Esmas

General
    Years
    Looks good to me! I wasn't much of a fan of the series, since I never really got around to buying it, but I did play the GBA game at a friend's house, and it was really good. The graphics look pretty impressive for a DS game, and I'd say look a little better than Dragon Quest IX's. I like the character art as well; seems the game is overall well-done. For sure I'm buying this :D

Years
    I damn well hope so. My party is all Lv 99. Needless to say I spent hundreds of hours on this game. It would be a shame if I couldn't get everyone back. Isaac can essentially destroy the bosses single-handedly at that level and together, I could take out Doom Dragon in like 3 turns, from memory. I'll take pics if no-one believes me.

Aside from that, I have my doubts about transfers, because the DSi upwards has no GBA support, and I can't see any DS games supporting features that require older systems. It's bad for Nintendo. I know there won't be code transfers, because people would have found the option to do so in the game. And believe me, there are people who have hacked the game to within an inch of its life. They've found all sorts of unused Psynergy, etc.

No i don't doubt it, my Isaac was either a Ronin or Paladin class, with the sol blade, he packed some punch. xD

Now that i think about it, the only feasible way to upload your party or file would be to a DS lite. :/ and since the american release is in Q1 of 2011 im guessing it will be 3DS compatible too.

oh ive seen vids on youtube of the hidden psyenergy and items haha. i think i saw one where the coding for the sol blade was in the original GS game, i may be wrong.

Okay I want this game right now before I die out of nostalgia ;-;

I found that game in the most stupid way and... I loved it XD I have been waiting to know the ending for years.

I agree, i got the lost age on my 13th birthday for my present, and i was the happiest child alive. xD thats all i did for weeks was play it.

Last edited:

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
    I got TLA for my birthday too I think. Then I bought the original Golden Sun for $10. Unfortunately, I lost the game for a couple years (though I have it again now). I haven't replayed either yet, though (because the game was lost, and I didn't want to play the sequel first heh). I'm perfectly satisfied with how my original GS:TLA came out, though...

Years
    I got TLA for my birthday too I think. Then I bought the original Golden Sun for $10. Unfortunately, I lost the game for a couple years (though I have it again now). I haven't replayed either yet, though (because the game was lost, and I didn't want to play the sequel first heh). I'm perfectly satisfied with how my original GS:TLA came out, though...

Same here, i couldn't import my party from the first game, because my copy of the first game lived under my bed for many many months. D:

ThatKidMike

yall fuccbois
    Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2013
    Woow.

I totally forgot this game was coming out, I remember playing the older Golden Sun games and being blown away, regardless of how cliche they were.

Back