• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Golden Sun DS: Dark Dawn

Graphical

Beep beep boop
    Years
    Oh, the puzzles in the first games were definitely much harder than in Dark Dawn. It seems like every videogame is getting easier now, actually.

Harmonie

Winds ღ
    Years
    Finally got the game (and it works on my broken DS ^_^).

It has been easier, the only thing that has bothered me about this game is how frequent the monster encounters are on the World Map. It makes me not want to go onto the World Map at all. When monsters appear every other step it's become a bit too much.

Graphical

Beep beep boop
    Years
    Finally got the game (and it works on my broken DS ^_^).

It has been easier, the only thing that has bothered me about this game is how frequent the monster encounters are on the World Map. It makes me not want to go onto the World Map at all. When monsters appear every other step it's become a bit too much.

Wait, what? I hardly ever encountered monsters on the World Map, so I had to keep running in circles alot of the time to grind.

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
    Years

You mean you always need to have a walkthrough playing while you're playing it?
    It's not that hard (for me, at least). Some puzzles take a while to find the solution to (THIS MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS the one where you have to move all the statues without them crossing paths. But even then, you could just use Amiti's Insight to see where 2 of them go. And that Venus bit on the way to the Apollo Lens, where you have to race against the wheel. Didn't realise you could use Grip to swing across.) but overall, it's not really that hard.

Yes, you're correct. I can't seem to understand why I have
    to watch a video walkthrough to play the Golden Sun series.

I agree, the game's puzzles were pretty decent. Unless you mean the first two games?

Oh, don't mention the first two games. I actually beat it under a
    video walkthrough. Without it, I'm basically screwed. I need
    to pause the video for about 4-5 seconds to catch up with the
    author's steps, and that's basically how I play Golden Sun.

Graphical

Beep beep boop
    Years
    Oh, don't mention the first two games. I actually beat it under a
    video walkthrough. Without it, I'm basically screwed. I need
    to pause the video for about 4-5 seconds to catch up with the
    author's steps, and that's basically how I play Golden Sun.

But playing along to a walkthrough makes a game over ten times less fun. You should only look to a walkthrough if you've been stuck for a day or so.

Years
    Or if you're like me and don't wanna miss any Djinn.

This is by far my biggest complaint regarding this game. The inability to backtrack killed a major selling point of the previous games. Ah well. I really don't have the urge to level up to lv 99 again or even to beat the harder after-game bosses. Not that they're hard, it just doesn't feel as rewarding.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    I used a walkthrough mainly to make sure I didn't miss anything. The game was too easy for me to have to use it for anything else. I even defeated Dullahan on my third or fourth try.

Years
    This is by far my biggest complaint regarding this game. The inability to backtrack killed a major selling point of the previous games. Ah well. I really don't have the urge to level up to lv 99 again or even to beat the harder after-game bosses. Not that they're hard, it just doesn't feel as rewarding.

That's the only qualm I have with the game too. I missed the first mercury Djinn (somehow -_-) and it really screwed me up later in the game. D:

Graphical

Beep beep boop
    Years
    I really wish it wasn't one of those RPGs where you go back to just before the ending. I hate when that happens, I'd like to explore and see what the people would say SPOILERS now that the eclipse was over. The ending really made it so that you can't do that. Which is really annoying.

Years
    I really wish it wasn't one of those RPGs where you go back to just before the ending. I hate when that happens, I'd like to explore and see what the people would say SPOILERS now that the eclipse was over. The ending really made it so that you can't do that. Which is really annoying.

So you can't retreat after the eclipse? D: Aww then I might as well re-do my file, I missed too many Djinn then.

ahhh spoilers.

Cyb3r0t4ku

Unova Elite
    Years
    Dark Dawn is awesome - feels a lot bigger than the other two but there are some points that I was disappointed with... the inability to back-track would be an obvious err but also it just seemed too easy. Like you go somewhere and do something and first time that would be it and then you'd move on.

I want to feel the same way I did when I was cut down by the Kraken!

Having said that, it was an enjoyable play-though. Even if you are called Matthew. And your scarf is the same colour as your hair so it looks like you have a massive blonde ponytail when you're walking about.

Years
    Dark Dawn was fun, yes. But it was pathetically easy. Specially when I didn't die once. And right before the final boss, you could literally farm the enemies for insanely easy exp and items. Anyways, it's Golden Sun, so of course I liked it. What's not to like? I just found the difficulty to be lacking a LOT. However, it was still a fun game.

Years
    Dark Dawn was fun, yes. But it was pathetically easy. Specially when I didn't die once. And right before the final boss, you could literally farm the enemies for insanely easy exp and items. Anyways, it's Golden Sun, so of course I liked it. What's not to like? I just found the difficulty to be lacking a LOT. However, it was still a fun game.

I agree, and neither did I. Never died once. :/ Personally, I even thought Dullahan was easier this time around, especially compared to TLA. But I still found the game rewarding and fun just as the previous two games, same basic formula for success.

Years
    Awww, no love for Golden Sun?
    Well, I haven't made any extra progress in it since I last posted really. It is on my list of games to play since I am really busy currently. One of my summer games.

How has everyone found it?​

Back