• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Good screen recorder?

Years
    • Seen May 16, 2014
    I record/commentate Pokemon WiFi Battles for Youtube, and I wanna try another method of recording, via screen recorder. I need a(freeware)program like CamStudio to record from the VS Seeker, and it needs to record in good quality. I would just use CamStudio, but I hear some not so great things about it, does anyone have an experience with it or other good screen recorders?

I'm not asking for links or anything, just some program names, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated (:

JustinB

Banned
    Years
    • Seen May 6, 2011
    I prefer Camtasia for screen recording. Camtasia is the best tool to capture screens.

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    I prefer Camtasia for screen recording. Camtasia is the best tool to capture screens.
    But Camtasia Studio isn't free. So unless you have some money to burn, don't use it.

Camstudio should be good enough. You just need a few tweaking here and there.

bradcamry

Banned
    Years
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    I think Camtasia should be good choice for you.

Last edited by a moderator:

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
    Years
  • Camstudio or Screen Capture might be good ones to use.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • I'd go for Hypercam 2, but the small disadvantage is that you may get a small "unregistered Hypercam 2" on the top left corner. Overall the quality is amazing.

CamStudio is also a good choice as well.

Years
  • CamStudio without a doubt should be good.. i also recommend using their lossless codec for higher quality, but you will need to compress with the lossless codec. ;)

Back