• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Goodbye Emboar, thanks for the Bisharp! [ #26 ]

Which new feature brought in for trading do you favor the most this generation?

• Being able to trade straight from your PC Boxes

Votes: 108 81.8%
  • Choosing 3 Pokémon at a time to start the trade

Votes: 32 24.2%
  • The newer and faster animation process

Votes: 68 51.5%
  • Other

Votes: 11 8.3%
  • None, really.

Votes: 3 2.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020

B/W Weekly Poll #26

How do you compare the new trading features to the older ones from previous generations?

With a new generation, may come new ways to trade! This generation has brought to you a faster and basic way of trading, with some new exclusives as well. What are your thoughts on the new features compared to the older ways of trading - and what new trading features do you favor the most?

Some of the main features of trading that were brought into this generation are:
    Trading from your PC Box
    → Enabled to trade 3 Pokémon at a time
    New & Faster Animation Process
    → Etc.

Feel free to discuss why one or more of these features brought in for trading are your favorites, and how they can come in handy where they weren't able to in previous generations.
    Goodbye Emboar, thanks for the Bisharp! [ #26 ]
    Goodbye Emboar, thanks for the Bisharp! [ #26 ]

Got any ideas for the upcoming polls? Feel free to PM Kaori or Forever with them. They may not be used on the following week after you have suggested them, but your ideas are likely to be considered in the near future.

Last edited:

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
  • Well first of all Kaori, I'd like to point out that you can't trade three Pokemon at a time, but instead, you can put three Pokemon up, and then the other person can choose out of those three which one that get's traded.

Anyway, with the question, I think I like the fact that you can trade from your PC boxes now, instead of just from your party, since that's kinda cool if you forgot to bring it to your party, but I am still used to putting Pokemon in the party, which doesn't help me at all. :P I also like the fact that you can trade locally with people using the C-Gear, which is awesome if you want to trade with someone, and you're in a cave, just outside of Kuyrem or something.

One more thing which I have noticed, is that it's not a stupid automated message, like "Take care of my Bisharp" or something. I like that personal touch they give you when you're trading with people, like if you're lending someone a Pokemon for say, teaching one of them a move or something, when you get it back, the game isn't telling you to look after "their" Pokemon, but that you're welcoming back your Pokemon. :D

Last edited:
    Years
  • I like how you can trade a lot faster. I like how you can trade with the infa red too! I also like that you can trade from the PC.

Xyrin

WOW REMEMBER THIS??
    Years
  • I like the PC feature, I love trading from my PC boxes, the choose one of three is nice. I love the faster animation. You forgot to put the search function up there! It's so helpful, you can search for pokemon.

Years
    • Seen May 26, 2012
    I like how you can trade from your PC box, but why haven't they realized that instead of "showing" 3 Pokémon - we should be able to trade 3 Pokémon at a time. I mean, almost all Wifi trades are discussed beforehand. (ex. which Pokémon you're trading for which)

Misheard Whisper

[b][color=#FF0000]I[/color] [color=#FF7F00]also[/c
    Years
  • I love being able to trade from my PC boxes . . . it means I can trade my friends' borrowed Pokemon back to them even if I'm in the middle of the Elite Four.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • Trading straight from the PC box, without question. It used to be SO annoying to be trading a lot of people/Pokemon in a short amount of time and having to totally switch around your party every time you traded.

I actually find the putting-three-up-for-offer thing really annoying. It'd be awesome if you could trade three for three (or three for one or whatever would be great too) but as it is now it just kind of makes things annoying. Extra button presses and it kind of requires you to use the stylus.

dieter57

pokemon master
    Years
  • i love the pc box trading.
    i also love the on-the-fly trading via IR. i comes in handy instead of fly to a pokecenter all the time.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • It has made trading faster and smoother for the most part in my view. And trading from boxes is great if you are doing a big trade spanning several pokemon. The faster animations though definitely do it for me.

AntiZero

Remember?
    Years
    • Seen Jun 1, 2014
    PC Box trading is super convenient. :)
    I also like the faster animation process, that's pretty nifty, too.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • Like Alternative said you can't trade them at the same time, you can put three up for offer then it is up to both parties which ones they wish to choose for the trade.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • Being able to trade straight from your PC Boxes. This feature keeps me somewhat organized now. ^_^

Also, I like the emoticons! Sometimes someone wants to keep trading with me and a little BOOOO will send the message. I also like the stalker boxes... ;)

Years
  • probably trading straight from the pc boxes. it used to be a pain when you notice that the pokemon you actually want to trade you forgot to take out of your pc, and now the problem is sorted. :D

solarowl

I'll always be an Outsider.
    Years
  • PC box trading ftw! I waited a while for this, and it's sure worth the wait. Now, I don't have to change my team, go in the Wi-fi room, then realize I forgot something, then leave and come back. Much easier. The animation was also cooler and faster. Although it's similar, a Pokeball goes up in the air except this time the Background is Black, and when you go p, you see the two Pokemon switching in a circle, also showing the back sprite, which I thought was cool, and then the Pokemon comes down.

Pwnyta Jockey

Bees Hate You, Pwnyta!
    Years
  • PC trading for the win. Again.

Also like the emoticons for the "smiley face". Like saying thank you in all languages when you/they only speak the one.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I love everything about this new trading system. The animation looks awesome, it generally loads faster for me, and trading from your PC box is awesome too. :D Really, trading before gen 5 sucked imo.

Years
  • Trading straight from the PC.
    When I saw that in game, I was like... NO WAY! 8D
    Hands down, had to be one of the most annoying things, for me, about the previous generation trading systems.​

Back