• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Got off here because of your hacking experience!!

Years
    Hi everyone, folks!! I'm a humble italian ROM-hacker wannabe...
    I play Pokémon since I can remember, and the first game I can remember was Yellow, Special Pikachu Edition
    From the first day, I've been immediately enchanted by the block-based worlds and cities, and I started to draw hundreds of squared sheets of my imaginary cities, hoping a day to become a Pokémon game map designer...
    Now it's been a while from I discovered the power of hacking programs we all can find in the web, and I decided to join the PC to have a "focus", a reference community to resort to when I'll need some help making my hack.
    The project is at least COLOSSAL, but I'm sure this is not impossibru.

Talking about my favourite generations, well, I simply love the 1st one, which I think is the best because of its simplicity and integrity in creature design; 1st gen PKMNs are full of personality and, I don't know, probably it's a personal taste or a old-school gamer insanity but I think that as the gen proceed, these features slowly vanish to let more robot-like PKMNs to born
    . But this is not so important.

Well, compliments for the great community, have a good time!!

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    Hi Fabiano! Benvenuto al communita Pokemon! Heh, I'm learning a bit of Italian myself, but I'm required to welcome you in English because well...this is an English speaking forum!

Welcome welcome aboard! It's nice to see another fellow enthusiastic ROM hacker! We have a great section for you and it's called the Emulation & ROM Hacking section of the forums. And it's located right here! You can find all the things you need for you hack such as tools, tutorials, resources and much more. The regulars there are also more than welcome to help you out if need be. Also, you are more than welcome to create a team if you want! A team is a lot better. :)

Anyways, best luck on your hack, and have a fun time! :)

Nathan

Blade of Justice
    Years
    Welcome to PC humble romhacker! You did the right thing by joining here. We have a huuuuge community of romhackers myself included and loads of tutorials to help you out so I guess you'll be busy for a long while. During your stay here, you can also download some hacks to play, I tried some of them and they are truly great so you won't be annoyed. May I ask what are your skills in hacking?
    I keep hearing good of the 1st gen and from what I've played I have to say that is great. PC have a board to discuss about 1st gen, go check it out.
    Have fun and VM me if you want :)

Years
    Thanks a lot, Meganium!!

@JNathan, well, let's say I'm quite new to hacking, but I like very much the idea of editing the city planning, making them bigger but with attention to the smallest details, so I think I'm going to specialize in that (although I already can use the fundamentals of Advance Map and right now I'm trying to follow the tutorial for inserting brand-new tilesets in a rom in free spaces, because probably I'm not going to fit all the blocks I'm planning to insert only in the edited tilesets...)

Another aspect of hacking I like is sprite editing, pixel for pixel, my passion!!
    So I hope that by practicing enough I'll eventually become a pro, maybe helping in other projects.

Hey there Fabiano! Welcome to PC. You're automatically awesome for joining and posting an intro, just so you know.

Awwww, it's great to see you have such a big passion for hacking. :D I'm sure that dedication will take you a long, long way! It's pretty difficult to start learning but the process becomes a bit easier once you've gotten off the ground. Programs like Advance Map really make creating your own game possible without needing to pay for all these programs and taking classes. Pretty hard to iron out all the details and do the sprite edits, but it's really worth it. You'll get a lot of help here since our Emulation board is one of the biggest places here! The name "Colossal" makes it seem like it'll be a detailed and long game, so I'm looking forward to it.

Gen 1 is great, too. Always felt natural to have so many Pokemon based on real animals and plants; I really loved them and have so many fond memories of those games. That's not to say I personally disliked the newer generations, though.. I can see why people say they're different than the older gens but Pokemon is still an amazing franchise that keep bringing in amazing ideas. You should come discuss the early games with us in our Metal/Color Games board and delve into other sections you may like, too! They're all pretty active and you'll find you have a lot in common with other members here. <3

Welp, have a great time! I'm around if you need anything!

Back