• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Grand Idea Mafia - A Grand Finish

Pecilia

Best Witch
    Years
    Why would I want to expose everyone's roles as scum, wouldn't it be in mafia's best interest to hold out on information? The reason why I haven't been offed by the scum after revealing is because I got protected/blocked 2 nights and because another part of my role gives me immunity to night kills. I've been completely honest with all my checks, and investigating EC or Klippy when they claimed tracker is pointless considering my investigations only give me their roles not their alignment. Why am I in the spotlight anyways? EC and Klippy should be telling us the tracker results.

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    I actually didn't get any tracker results last night. Was blocked. *shrugs*

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
    If Pecilia was mafia, it makes sense that he would confirm one of his own instead of investigating EC, which was currently being suspected. However, makes little for him as town, to investigate Nightkrow, given that we're at late game and another mislynch could cost us the game. Maybe Nightkrow isn't mafia, but I think Pecilia is most likely to be of all of us.

I personally don't doubt Pecilia right now. But I do think NightKrow has laid way too low this game to not have something going on. :/ I also question the legitimacy of Naku's role since we've had the Switcher running around more than half the game. Who knows what he is now. Similarly Gunner has stopped doing her two vote thing, unless that's just because she's keeping her half votes on each person?

Who did you block last night?

Why would I want to expose everyone's roles as scum, wouldn't it be in mafia's best interest to hold out on information? The reason why I haven't been offed by the scum after revealing is because I got protected/blocked 2 nights and because another part of my role gives me immunity to night kills. I've been completely honest with all my checks, and investigating EC or Klippy when they claimed tracker is pointless considering my investigations only give me their roles not their alignment. Why am I in the spotlight anyways? EC and Klippy should be telling us the tracker results.

Gonna employ the same tactic as yesterday and keep a name hidden. Right now there's a lot of unknowns on what happened last night still, so I have a few questions left to see answered.

[redacted] visited [redacted]. If you have to have a name immediately though, I will give the person who was visited.

I actually didn't get any tracker results last night. Was blocked. *shrugs*

Who did you attempt to track then?

Pecilia

Best Witch
    Years
    Wait, you're not exposing people as scum, you confirmed Nightkrow as what she claimed.

Fair enough about EC and Klippy, I still think you're most likely to be scum, though, but that's subject to change.

How about you Klippy, did you get blocked too? :P

So I take it you blocked EC.

Superjolt

Put some [b][color=Red]color[/color][/b] in your l
    Years
    Vote Count 6.1

Currently Not Voting (8): Superjolt, NightKrow, Johnny, Pecilia, Selena Fluorspar, EvilChameleon, Klippy, Nakuzami

With 8 players alive, it takes 5 votes to lynch!

The day ends in 48 hours, just before Midnight (12:00/0:00am) EST on Friday, May 5th.

GM Notes:
    - Anyone who does not meet the post requirement this day phase will 100% be replaced (I'll even reduce the minimum back to 4 posts for the rest of the game). Going a full 48 hours without posting will also result in immediate replacement, for the remainder of the game.

Last edited:

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    I actually think the post requirement has backfired, especially in a game of super randomness like this one, where we are left to just lynch via bandwagon instead of any real information.

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
    Years
    Four posts still isn't difficult in the least, and there's plenty of info you can grab through posts

I was just kind of expecting hoping to be dead about now.

NightKrow

staying up all night
    Years
    me in HGM said:
    so my activity will be a bit spotty over the next three weeks because it's exam season. Have been furiously revising the whole of Introduction to Neuroscience. yay

^This, but with Language in the Brain as well as Introduction to Neuroscience.
    just taken the Language in the Brain exam so now I've got some free time, gonna have to post 4x in the next 48 hours though D:

thoughts about most of the other players:
    I don't think Gunner's role has changed due to the role switcher since she is still Superjolt in the vote tally. If Naku's role passed to another person, would we have gotten a notification about another person being confirmed innocent, or does that only happen at the start of the game?
    I'm pretty confident in Johnny's innocence since his N2 target explains the GM screwup and proves that he does have a protective component to his role.

I think one of the tracker roles could be mafia sided, or mafia sided and not actually a tracker role (although mafia sided tracker role would probably make more sense, why would they lie about their role when the rolecop could easily prove they were lying? unless both the rolecop and a tracker are scum :o) If this is the case then EC would be the most likely to be scum out of the two trackers, still think something's fishy about those targets. Although I guess tracking Naku makes sense from a town perspective to find out whether his role has been switched at some point

Personally, I think Pecilia made the right choice in investigating me because I am the least able to back up my role claim since, well, my role doesn't do anything. :/
    Investigating EC doesn't really do anything to prove his innocence, it just proves that he isn't lying about what role he claimed. However, I also think Pecilia could easily be a scum rolecop playing as if he was a town rolecop so that the town don't suspect that he is scum. But then idk, why would scum!Pecilia confirm me when it would've been very easy to get me mislynched? Then again, I don't really buy the whole "immune to night kills" thing on a cop role, seems too op for a cop.

Summary: I'm questioning both Pecilia's and EC's alignments, but I'm kinda conflicted about both. aaaaa

would be nice if we knew how many scum were left :/

Pecilia

Best Witch
    Years
    Investigating EC doesn't really do anything to prove his innocence, it just proves that he isn't lying about what role he claimed. However, I also think Pecilia could easily be a scum rolecop playing as if he was a town rolecop so that the town don't suspect that he is scum. But then idk, why would scum!Pecilia confirm me when it would've been very easy to get me mislynched? Then again, I don't really buy the whole "immune to night kills" thing on a cop role, seems too op for a cop.

In that regard I'd like to refer to the game we're playing, albeit there's a lot of wacky roles.

Superjolt

Years
    Four posts per day?
    That's too much.
    I'll be unavailable
    Tomorrow as such.
    ^This, but with Language in the Brain as well as Introduction to Neuroscience.
    just taken the Language in the Brain exam so now I've got some free time, gonna have to post 4x in the next 48 hours though D:
    Ok, thanks for letting me know! I can make exceptions for this

I forgot this week (and probably next week) are finals/exam weeks for alot of people, so I can extend deadlines too if needed. For now I'm gonna roll with the current deadline unless people request an extension.
    I actually think the post requirement has backfired, especially in a game of super randomness like this one, where we are left to just lynch via bandwagon instead of any real information.
    I only put the rule in place as an alternative to the usual rules for inactivity, because a voting mechanic like this isn't really meant to punish players for not casting votes. While the game may have crazy roles/powers, it's no different from any other game - it's still mafia. Also if anyone is going to tell me there's no information this far into a game, I don't really know what to say lol :P

Deadline update:
    The day ends in 30 hours, just before Midnight (12:00/0:00am) EST on Friday, May 5th.

NightKrow

staying up all night
    Years
    In that regard I'd like to refer to the game we're playing, albeit there's a lot of wacky roles.

mhm yeah true. I've thought about it some more and I don't think confirming me makes any sense at all for scum!you, so I think I'll settle on you being town.

Ok, thanks for letting me know! I can make exceptions for this

I forgot this week (and probably next week) are finals/exam weeks for alot of people, so I can extend deadlines too if needed. For now I'm gonna roll with the current deadline unless people request an extension.

Thanks, I guess. Not that I'd really mind if you ended up replacing me anyway since I don't think I've met the minimum post count at all during this game...

I didn't block anyone. I was waiting to see if anyone would claim to have been blocked.

ooo
    so EC is lying, hm?
    I wonder what he has to say about that.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
    I didn't block anyone. I was waiting to see if anyone would claim to have been blocked.

Sooooo...it's gotta be EC then, since he claims to have been blocked and that he attempted to visit Naku. I dunno why he'd track a proven innocent (since we know from Decidueye that the only things that switch are roles, not alignments), even if Naku had changed roles.

EDIT: And for everyone else, I tracked NightKrow myself, and she visited nobody. It doesn't proven she's innocent, but it corroborates Pecilia's rolecheck that she doesn't have anything going on.

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    I will admit to lying about something.
    But not about being blocked.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
    If Johnny didn't block you, then it's quite unlikely for anyone else to have been able to based on revealed or claimed roles. Despite this, I've listed everyone and the people I most suspect of having a potential ALTERNATE role power.

Gunner - double votes (though I suspect this is no longer her role)
    Naku - confirmed innocent, regardless of role

Selena - poet role, so potentially has additional abilities
    Johnny - Dr. Jailer of sorts
    Klippy - Tracker
    Pecilia - Rolecop
    NightKrow - mostly proven vanilla-type role

A RED name doesn't mean suspicious. It's merely denoting who has the potential to be a blocker/hooker-esque role, if EC is being honest about being blocked.

But frankly the fact that he lied to us makes me lose all trust in him when we're at the cusp of losing. :|

[VOTE] EvilChameleon

Superjolt

Years
    Thanks, I guess. Not that I'd really mind if you ended up replacing me anyway since I don't think I've met the minimum post count at all during this game...
    Only if you prefer! I know I haven't been the best about activity rules :(
    Vote Count 6.2

EvilChameleon (2) - Johnny, Klippy

Currently Not Voting (6):
    Superjolt, NightKrow, Pecilia, Selena Fluorspar, EvilChameleon, Nakuzami

With 8 players alive, it takes 5 votes to lynch!

The day ends in 24 hours, just before Midnight (12:00/0:00am) EST on Friday, May 5th.

Back