• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Grand Theft Auto IV

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
    Figured it was time this game got a thread. XD

As GTA IV's second week comes to a close, it finds itself not only reaching the highest selling game ever spot, which would beat out Halo 3, but also ranking as the highest rated game in history beating the Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time.

I'm not sure how many of you PC-goers have played a GTA game or are currently playing GTA IV, but I've got to say it's just about one of the best games I've ever played. There is a ridiculous amount of things to do and see and the level of detail put into every inch of the game is truly amazing.

No, I'm not a fanboy. But, if you could only play one game this year, I'd have to recommend this one. :x

So, what do you all think of the Grand Theft Auto franchise and, specifically, of Grand Theft Auto IV?

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    Yesss. I loved the original game, but I haven't played it in years. XD

I'm sure this one is just as good as the rest though. :x I've heard good reviews about it.

j_

Years
    • Seen Oct 19, 2008
    I am a very big fan of the GTA series. I plan to get GTA4 when it comes out for the PC next year

Me too, GTA is always much better on the PC. Simply becuase you get to use a keyboard and a mouse, plus all the cool mods!

GTA-Niko

Grand Theft Hedgehog
    Years
    I recenetly got this game. BEST. GAME. EVER. I'm not too far, but it gets a 10/10 from me.

Cheats are really fun to cause chaos in this game. Does anyone have the cheat to have Obama shoot at you for the PS3? My friend told me there'sa cheat code for that, but I could only find it for 360 and I have the PS3 version.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
    I rented it for a week... And for some reason I'm one of the few who thinks its completely overrated. It just wasn't... that interesting.

I have to admit, some of the cutscenes got me bored and I had to skip them, but other than a few running on far past their welcome, I didn't find it that boring. It has a better storyline than San Andreas, at least. :x

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
    I heard you can go to San Andreas when you get the DLC.

Actually, it hasn't officially been confirmed. Also, I haven't finished the game, so no spoilers please. XD;

All we have is a ticket for Niko to be heading to San Andreas and while that sounds absolutely amazing, I still don't know much of the plot and until then, I don't know why he's going.

The Infinite Devil Machine

Obvious, with hindsight
    Years
    • Seen Mar 23, 2020
    I've been a GTA fan for a while and I've been looking forward to IV's release. Hopefully I'll be able to get it sometime in the next week or so. Let's face it, foreigners with guns are always nice.

Years
    • Seen Oct 24, 2009
    I have the 360 version, and I have to say one thing, ITS AWESOME! Although what sucks is getting used to the new physics engine, I still haven't been able to do a turn without slamming into something and I've had the game for a week.

Years
    I rented it for a week... And for some reason I'm one of the few who thinks its completely overrated. It just wasn't... that interesting.

I guess we share the same feelings.

Yeah, I played it at my friends house for a couple of hours, but I didn't really like it that much. The game is, so to speak, "too" open ended. That, and the gameplay hasn't evolved too much from the previous game (San Andreas), and has taken a step back in some areas, such as car driving. One minor/major flaw (depends on your perspective) is that collecting money for Roman is virtually useless (collect money for him, and then don't give it to him).

SBaby

Dungeon Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    I really like the game and all. But the lack of local multiplayer functionality is the main reason that I didn't give the game a perfect score (that and some camera issues, but it was the multiplayer that killed the score). I generally don't like playing games online with people I don't know personally. I like to invite buddies over and game. And what's a real shame is that this trend seems to be becoming more apparent with newer games. It's what prevented me from buying Turok.

Fortunately, Nintendo doesn't pull this with Wii games. I expect it with the handheld games because of the limitations of only having one built in controller. But not with consoles. Gaming companies really need to get the hint. Online multiplayer is alright, but don't foresake the local multiplayer in favor of it.

Years

I feel that too.

The emphasis seems based on gameplay without a storyline (Which makes some games not worth playing) and it doesnt have the graphics I think it can achieve.

I havent played the game but I've seen enough trailers and clips to know that.

I feel that the game doesnt have the right genre to make everyone ever like it.

Pokemon Diamond is the best game ever.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
    Pokemon Diamond is the best game ever.

-looks at thread title, then at your post-

Hm..I think the thread's about Grand Theft Auto, bud.

Try to keep your post relevant to the topic of the thread.

Also, seeing as you've never played the game, you can't form a very fact-based opinion.

The entire game is about storyline, just like every other Grand Theft Auto. How do you expect you get from plot point to plot point or character to character? They certainly don't just appear on screen at your convenience.

I understand people complaining that the game gets boring, as some of the missions get repetitive and even some of the characters have a few missions, then drop off the map aside from being their friend. :/

Kao

Years
    • Seen Nov 16, 2016
    I love the game, I got it on the release date.

I find it amazing, I love the Graphics, Love the Story, Love the Gameplay.
    Muitilplayer is great in my opinion. I really like how the story drags you as a person into it.
    And how mucking around is even funner than before, and now I can do it with my friends :D

Brilliant game and I think it deserver's Game of the year.
    Witch I think it will get seeing the 10's everyone gave it.

Back