• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Graphic Rating Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucid

I could stop now, but I'm like a 5 year old and I have to get the last word in when it comes to this crap… Oh, and being an arrogant prick isn't something I'd go around bragging about.
    Honestly, you're only arguing with me because you thought I insulted your worthless crap, now you're blowing things way out of proportion and insulting every graphic person on the whole dang forum. Noodles and Photoshop brushes are the same thing in this case, there's no getting around it. Materials are materials and they are made to be used.
    Uhh… so you make brushes for your own personal style… so? That means absolutely nothing. In no way shape or form does it make you an exceptional artist… it just means you can make brushes… In this instance, I'm not saying you aren't a super |33+ Graphic maker, so don't go having an aneurysm. I could really care less that you have experience, that as well means nothing. Don't compare me to you, we're totally different people so our morals don't apply in this argument. I'm defending using brushes because art is art. You have no right to say what it is and isn't, I've said it once, and I'll say it over and over again. Not only that, but I have a right to make any statement I want, I have a right to exspress how I feel on a subject. In this instance, I was insulted for no reason at all, and now I'm arguing with you about something stupid when I have better things I should be doing.
    I understand that you go to a big arsed graphic forum, sell your junk off the internet or what have you, but that means nothing here. Get off your high horse and quit taking a thread on a Pokemon form so seriously, it's just for fun and your sucking that right out of it…

Years
    Yeah, Sawyer can be a prick at times, but you learn over time that its the internet and nobodies views and opinions really matter. Fighting on the internet is pointless and whoever does should be maimed and possibly killed, everyone be nice and save the trash talk for some other time.
    Loveless you make an excellent point, just because your good with Photoshop, doesn't make you an "Artist". Pixel artists are more artists then us graphics makers, we rely on built in tools, they use the pencil tool and colors, going pixel by pixel, they are real artists.
    Anyway, can I get my new sig rated?

Last edited:
    Years
    *pops out nottingness or something :X*
    can someone rate these sigs
    Graphic Rating Thread

Graphic Rating Thread

Graphic Rating Thread

Graphic Rating Thread

Graphic Rating Thread

they are all made with the gimp. do not watch after the text because i yust putted it on it to mark themXD>.>

THIRTY-SIX

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2015
    do more work like the bowser one.. where the effects are centered around the focal point, the link and 1st samus one seem kinda random render plunked on a bg
    also if you were going for copywrite use a simple font like tahoma or helvetica.. at 12 or 10 pt

Years
    thank you for that. well the bowser jr. and link sig are the same style accept at the bowser junior one i placed bowser in the middle and link at the left.once again thank you for you comments so i can improve :)

Tsugaru

Twilight
    Years
    Well this is my first bit of work in around 2-3 months,So I would like some comments and some tips on how to improve again.^_^;;

So Post away.^^

Btw this sig was just purely made by using the same render which I blurred and overlayed,I also used a bit of pen tool and color balance.Oh and Loveless I agree with you in the above case.

=/

Graphic Rating Thread

Last edited:

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    loony: I can only say I wish the text weren't in the banners, or at least in different places and with different fonts. :/ I really don't like that font, but nonetheless, I like all of them except the Bowser Jr. and Red Samus one. The Bowser banner is absolute love.

Shinou Pearl: Ooooh, purdiful. The only thing I don't really like about it is the colors are kind of off, and the render kind of blends with the background. (I like banners that stand out.)

Would anybody care to rate/tell me what's off with this image? (Other then the fact that the render isn't all too clear due to it originally being a sketch. >.<)

It's in my siggy currently, and I'm not sure whether it looks all too great.

Graphic Rating Thread

Or does this one look better?

Graphic Rating Thread

Mario Famous

Confidential...=/
    Years
    I agree about the text.

For your sigs...your 2nd definately looks better than your 1st. The sig overall is decent, I don't care for inked outlines though, it takes away some depth of a sig in some cases.

Utami

Heart Of Terror
    Years
    • Seen Jul 21, 2010
    @Bijou
    If you're planning to use a sketch for a signature, make a nice border to make it seem that the picture itself is in a fancy gallery. It could do some better lighting and depth. For sketch banners, the biggest thing you need to worry about, rather then renders or what-not, is the color: coordinating betwen two colors and blending them properly will give a very nice output.

The second one is much better, it has better depth and lighting. However, your render isn't the best quality and you should try to blend it in more. Color is fine, Gin's render has no color so you don't need to include any.

Rate~:

~
    Graphic Rating Thread

Made for a contest, I like it, it looks nice, only thing I regret is its size, I use the same one for all my banners that I make for myself now. But actually, this one was 2 width pixels off my default.

~
    Graphic Rating Thread

Whee, it's for another contest on another forum. It was my first time working with a pixel sprite, but it doesn't really look like the render was a pixel sprite anymore.

~Both Merope and Desu are names on other forums.

Last edited:

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    Utami: Yeah, but the problem with the sketch was that there were big holes in the middle of the lines, (they're still there) and the image itself was blurry because the intelligent artist decided to make it pixelly and icky. (you can still see that too.) < <; *Excuses. Blergh.*

Yeah that render is my fault. >.< I blurred and sharpened it too much, and started to rush because I was stupid and used one layer to make the banner. *I always think it'll go faster and in the end it takes longer.* I should probably overlap the image and re-do it when I have time...

But anyhow, I lurves the Shino banner. x3 Although I think 'merope' could be in a better place. >.<

Yeah, the dragon doesn't look like a sprite anymore, that's for sure. xD I like the white ring things in the bottom left hand corner, but when there's an image in the middle with the background darkening as it goes out, I like symmetry, but that's just me.

I have way too much time on my hands right now. >.< I refrained from brushwork because I wanted the render's black hair to blend with the black background. >.< But I think it looks really plain that way.

Graphic Rating Thread

(I really need to figure out this lighting effect filter...)

Last edited:
    Years
    Bijou what do you want to do with that wallpaper? make a sig of it. Or enhance the wallpaper a bit?

And as i sad about mine sigs dont watch the text ;)

anyway i liked the 2nd sig of post #587 the most.
    also the third one is pretty cool also only dont like it that the hair blends with the black background^^ but you sad you wanted it that way and it looks still pretty cool^^

Rena

i WILL save this patient!
    Years
    Wattsie: Everything is pretty good to me, the only thing that is starting to bother me in the second one is the choice of colors, a.k.a~ the greens. And also, you should look for different fonts on sites like dafont.com.

Ok, I made LOTS of banner s and about to share the one a want to have help on, oh, and icons.

Graphic Rating Thread

Graphic Rating Thread

Graphic Rating Thread

<3333

Graphic Rating Thread

Graphic Rating Thread

Graphic Rating Thread

Graphic Rating Thread

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    Wattsie~

1st one: Oh my gosh. The yellow text. x_X It should definetely be a darker color, black perhaps to match the background. 7.10 If the text wasn't yellow I'd definetely like this one more then your 2nd one. It'd get a 9 or a 10 from me.

2nd one: I would lavu lavu it if the render was higher, the text wasn't... well... green, and the chinese characters (Super win, BTW) on the right, where it seems kind of blank. I really really love the background stuff though. The bordering technology looking shyuffs is amazing. The silhouette and motion blur looking things look pretty sweet as well. ^^ 8.10

Mikuru-chan~

1st one: I've never been pleased with the color selection, it just doesn't blend or match, but if you had to pick that color, it was a damn good mesh. 7.10

2nd one: Ehhhmagaaawd, Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi? Or whatever. xD *was looking it up on wiki a few days ago* I like the background and the usage of colors, but the render itself looks a little... sharpened? Too contrasted? Hmm, not sure, but the render is the only thing that bugs me, and the fact that you can only read the 'M' in the text, but that might've been an effect that was targeted. 8.10

3rd one: Dei-chan. 10.10 xDD No seriously, you have NO idea how jealous I was when I saw that set. I was like, *grab....run...far...away* xD

4th one: Mai gawd Miki-san, how DO you do what you do? Woah, there were lot's of you's and do's in that sentence! 8D *shot* Anyhow, I love the glow work, though it seems a little lopsided as opposed to the render. The text could probably be place in a more strategic area as well, but it's still awesome. 9.10

5th one: GAAAH, how did you do those line thingys?! *has been trying to do those for like... a year now? Yeah I think it's about a year* 10.10, I really like this one, the text is a little hard to read, but it's not impossible, and the render itself doesn't really suit my tastes but still. It's a pretty rockin banner.

6th one: HOLEH- Yeah all my comments are pretty much going to start like that. xD I absolutely A~DORE the color effects. It makes the render stand out, love the font and love the background. It's an all around 10.10.

7th one: I'm not as crazy about this one, it seems very LJ'ish, and I personally prefer LJ'ish stuff in avatar's not banner's. I see similar brushes though. I think I might have the same set, I've just never used it. xD 7.10

Beezhoo~~

Gawd your stuff sucks. >O *shot*

Graphic Rating Thread

That's me, going vector happy with a whole new vector set. x3

Graphic Rating Thread

That, my friends, is my greatest vector achievement. My first vector set, my most prized vector set. xD What do you think? Suckish, awesomeish, rockinish, or just plain boringish?

Graphic Rating Thread

I'll say it bluntly. Byakuya render= Impossible to work with. 8D And then in the end I wanted to add some pink for his Senbonsakura, and it obviously failed. xD

MystiKal

from the mouths of babes
    Years
    Hmm, hate to tell you but the so called vectors your calling aren't really vectors. The one your referring to is done by using filters not by a tablet. ^^

I'm not trying to be rude, just letting you know. Anyways you can rate my current tag.

Mario Famous

Confidential...=/
    Years
    The render occupies too much of the space and the scanlines weren't needed in the background. The squiggly lines on the left side seem pretty random, they have no flow as the other lines you made. The sig is still satisfactory despite the problems, 7/10.

Angle-san

Don't Worry Little One
    Years
    • Age 38
    • Seen Oct 20, 2007
    Well it's been sometime since i've posted in this thread but here is a new sig.
    I think it looks nice yet it simple.

Graphic Rating Thread

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back