• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Graphic Rating Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

anime geek

rocking your socks right OFF.
Years
  • 8.3outof10
    I think the colour one stands out more, but the text should be like the text of the first signature. It's nice, so great work!

Anyway, this is a banner made for a Draco/Ginny Harry Potter fic. Experimenting with black & white and then a splash of colour, which I don't normally do. Not super-high-quality pictures but I did the best I could.

Last edited:

The dawn Witch Lucia

WTF YOU STALKER DAWG?!
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2007
    Check out and rate these!
    Graphic Rating Thread

Graphic Rating Thread

Graphic Rating Thread

Graphic Rating Thread

Graphic Rating Thread

Graphic Rating Thread

Graphic Rating Thread

Graphic Rating Thread

Graphic Rating Thread

Angle-san

Don't Worry Little One
    Years
    • Age 38
    • Seen Oct 20, 2007
    All three of you users have improvement you all need to work on but in due time you'll all get better but slow and that's how one learns.

Keep it up each of you.

Vanilla Kitsune

Bloody git
    Years
  • Graphic Rating Thread
    Graphic Rating Thread
    Graphic Rating Thread

These are some of my first colored manga avatars I've made. :3 Please rate~

Graphic Rating Thread

That's a banner I made for my best friend. Rate it too, please. <3

I know Ima n00bie at graphics. D:

Angle-san

Don't Worry Little One
    Years
    • Age 38
    • Seen Oct 20, 2007
    I like it when people do that and color it in at times you get great turnouts.
    I also like your little banner like you said your a newbie at gfx but you'll get better in due time. :3

----------------------------------------------------------

Alright I made a few new sigs at least one of them is going for sig of the week.

Well I made a logo also for my sig at other forums for gaming gutter.
    I like how it turned out some of it looks like real metal that's began worked on.
    that isn't an L it's an I.
    Who ever did the font for it could have just done the dot could they -_-

Graphic Rating Thread

Now lets start shall we?
    You'll notice on the first one part of the c4d is sticking out in the black.

Graphic Rating Thread

Graphic Rating Thread

Graphic Rating Thread

Graphic Rating Thread

Graphic Rating Thread

Graphic Rating Thread

Rena

i WILL save this patient!
    Years
  • Vanilla Kitsune: You're getting good =o, the manga images are very pretty, and the pictures of link are in their selective colors. The first one; I don't really like the blue tint in it, and the lightening of it should usually be in only one spot, and also, the image looks stretched out to me 5/10. The second, the coloring is good, all I don't like are the horizontel lines 7/10. Third, I like the layer of the color fill, and the colorings good, though, I would focus on making better crops 8/10 Banner; me likey =]. Though, the color scheme doesn't really match with the picture of link, though it is well done 7/10.

Angle-san: Well, I can't say much, but those banners are pretty good, but the guy creeps me out SOOOO MUCHHHHHH D=. Though, I would focus more on the text, I don't really like it that much, and it's un-noticable. People would be like. OHHH PRETTY BANNER, WHAT THERE'S TEXT o.o?

. Some new things ~

Graphic Rating Thread

My Satoko from Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni banner, I manga-colored it all on my own, and it took me a long time, no stealing. While, I used a texture on the heart to make it stand out a little bit less, and this is an example of my new shading routine that I am doing now, it's a secret recipe ;D.

Graphic Rating Thread

Other header, just a brush, a lighten texture with a brush, and text =/.

Graphic Rating Thread

A grungy-ish banner I made for a fanclub, I tried an urban, city, cool style, but I don't really know about it. But I used some vector brushes and a pattern in it. While also experimenting with the text white bar thingy, with the motion blur filter.

Graphic Rating Thread

Graphic Rating Thread

Graphic Rating Thread

Graphic Rating Thread

Graphic Rating Thread

Some avatars.

Graphic Rating Thread

And a Mion manga banner thing.

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    There's text on Angle-san's banner? o o;

I don't see it...

Vanilla Kitsune: I like the banner! Although, Link looks a little bit squished, and the background doesn't really compliment the render itself, as the focus isn't on Link, and the colors don't really match. The text looks a little off, because of the random cut off of the 'g' and the 'y', a border would've looked nice, and perhaps a different font and color for the text.

I give it a 7/10

The avatar in the middle is really great though! I love love love it. ^^ Although, again, border would be nice.

Miki-chan~ Yaaay, I've seen a lot of those already. xD; Some of those avatars are a little too dark for my tastes, as it's hard for me to see what's actually in them. ^^; The Mion banner thing looks awesome, because of the dots used to shade the manga crop. >D I love dots.

Anyway, here's mine that I'd like some rating on.

Graphic Rating Thread

Pikabloo

Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2010
    @ Jyukai: 9.8/10~
    Awesome. I love that banner. I seem to like text-less banners more than banners with text nowadays O_o Anyway, the colours and the brush effects look great. And I like the gradient effect on the border. But I don't really like those thick, diagonal, black/white/green lines. They just seem to stand out a bit too much, and removes some of the focus from the render. -.2 for that D:

EDIT: I just finished making this banner, and I would like some rates please ^^ And which one is better? O_o
    Graphic Rating Thread

Graphic Rating Thread

Last edited:

Vanilla Kitsune

Bloody git
    Years
  • Thanks for the rating and advice everyone. It is appreciated and inspires me to do more. XD; Thanks. <3

Rena: I want your coloring skills naoplz. XD I love your manga colored banners. The Mion one looks a little fuzzy IMO, but finding actually quality scans is hard. I know. ._. The avatars are a tad dark, but that's just my taste. Overall, you're awesome. :3 The first banner is my fav. 8/10.

Jyukai: Wow. ._. I LOVE that banner it's beyond awesome.
    <3 I'm jealous. XD; I don't really have any crits for it. 10/10. I heart it. <3

Shiranui: I love the grungy effects. I could never make grunge work for me. You make it look awesome. XD I prefer the first one more than the second. I never really liked purple.. and brownish-orange fits it more. 10/10.

Alright. Hope I did that right. ^^;

Graphic Rating Thread

I made that at like.. 2:00 A.M. the other night.I know the image is blurry and sucks. I also know the little heart thing should be on the other side.. but I didn't like it there. Love plz? <3

Mika

もえじゃないも
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2013
    >.>;;

<.<;;

-puts some of her own graphics up to be leh 'rated and leh scrutinized-

o-o;

Graphic Rating Thread

Graphic Rating Thread

Graphic Rating Thread

Graphic Rating Thread

Graphic Rating Thread

Graphic Rating Thread

My computer decided to eat all my custom fonts. o-o; So anybody with recommendations on fonts/more brushes (I only have 200 extra. ;.; Not enough!) for PS CS2 and below will get cookies. :3

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    @ Jyukai: 9.8/10~
    Awesome. I love that banner. I seem to like text-less banners more than banners with text nowadays O_o Anyway, the colours and the brush effects look great. And I like the gradient effect on the border. But I don't really like those thick, diagonal, black/white/green lines. They just seem to stand out a bit too much, and removes some of the focus from the render. -.2 for that D:

EDIT: I just finished making this banner, and I would like some rates please ^^ And which one is better? O_o
    Graphic Rating Thread

Graphic Rating Thread

Shira-chan
    : Lulz, yeah the lines are there because the picture actually cuts off where the lines are. *shot* So I had to hush it up somehow. *shotshot* Thanks though. xD

Ho-kies.

I personally like both of them. *shot/nothelping* But I'd have to say the brown one looks nice, because I've actually seen that render used three times with three different people so far, and they've all used a more purplish style with it. Who is it, the render? :O Who merits such amazing popularity? :OO

I too, like the grunge effect, and the lighting is as usual, very very hawt. The border looks like it sort of matches better with the brown one.

Although, I think it would've looked nice if you'd put something a little heavier on the right side to balance it out.

Guh, joo r master of graphics. *i r nawt wortheh*

Vanilla Kitsune
    : xDD Thank you!

With your Link coloring, you've slightly confused me. Heart? :O Where? What heart? Say heart what? *shotshot for lame jokes* I like the coloring job, but as I said earlier, the color scheme used on the background around the manga image don't really match. If the blue were green, I'd absolutely love it. ;D Sooo... 8/10 for a hawt coloring job and nice brush/texture/whatever job.

MII-CHAN: LULZ I'VE SEEN ALMOST ALL OF THOSE. I've rated Tere-chan's set before, but I shall state it again: Holeh shizzo joo gotz'ta be good to work with those crazy crappy quality Naruto screenshots. *shot* But you covered up the left Haku picture a little too much with text, and the font in the lower right hand corner is kind of inconspicuous. You use the grid a lot, which isn't so great, but otherwise, everything looks really good in that banner. (Now I want a Haku set. D:)

I've always found the Replica set to be a little too dark. It's hard to see the image on my color settings.

As I said, I <3 the Keith Daniels one. :O Now if only that Keith Daniel dude were Hiroto, from alice nine., then it'd be 10000/10 *shot*

ZOMG BRIDGE TO TEREBITHIA?! :OO THAT MOVIE MADE ME CRY SO BAD. I DUN KNOW WHY, CAUSE I DIDN'T LIKE IT AND THE PLOT WAS LIKE, "RACE YOU TO THE END!" But that's a good banner anyway. You're good at blending images together. :O

The Penelo one is actually kind of hard to see. :// It's too bright, but it's not ugly, it's varie varie good~ It's just kind of hard to tell that that's Penelo.

MIKI-CHAN: OMG I FORGOT TO ASK JOO. HOW DO JOO USE- Oh well I guess I shouldn't ask that here. GO TO THE PHOTOSHOP Q & A'S THREAD MIKI-CHAN. *shot*

Pikabloo

Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2010
    Vanilla Kitsune -
    Thanks ^^

Link looks so kawaii~ Anyways, I like the colouring and the background, and, er... I don't really know what else to suggest. I'm not really good with rating manga colourings ^^;;

Mika -
    Lots of banners to rate... Yay~ xD

1 - I've rated this before a long while ago... But I'll rate it again anyway. It looks awesome. But I'm with Mizu, methinks the left Haku image is covered with too much text. Furthermore, the text on the bottom right corner stands out a bit too much. Other than that, the colours are smexy, and I think the grid thing looks great.

2 - I don't really think the green goes with the character's red hair... Plus I think it's too dark, and the focal area isn't really too clear, with the text scattered around like that.

3 - Arg, the white D: It's a bit too white/empty-ish in the middle... But still, it looks great xD I love the left side of the banner, but the right side seems a little too pale O_o

4 - Again, I agree with Mizu, you're good at image blending. I've never seen that movie before, though.

5 - Looks a bit like the Haku one, 'cept it's red O_o I don't have much to say, besides the fact that the text on the bottom left corner of the banner stands out way too much. It draws the focus away from the image. Maybe lower it's opacity, or make it a little bit smaller... I like the glittery effects, though.

6 - Very, very bright. Perhaps too bright. The image looks okay, I guess, but the background is definitely too bright. And it looks empty on the right side.

Mizu -
    xDD Har har har, I thought that it was because of that.*feels smart for some reason*

It's Neku Sakuraba from Square Enix's upcomng DS game, Subarashiki Kono Sekai, or It's a Wonderful World

[MikeGTS]

Pokemon Researcher
    Years
  • Hey everyone, Please rate both my Avatar, Sig and posted picture:

From left to right: Darulio, a Gothic Lucario, older brother of the pack, loves metal and has a gothic style, Rilurio, youngest of all, sees Darulio as an inspiration, and Shirulio, a Shiny Lucario, "middle-brother", he's kind, has good leadership capabilities and aids his brothers in everything they need.

Graphic Rating Thread

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
    Years
  • Ok, guys. I tried my luck at rendering a hard-ish picture to see what would happen. It turned out alright for a first try. Just remember, I've seriously never even attempted to render an image, so don't be too harsh. I'll try again with the same picture to see if I do better later on, but here it is:

Graphic Rating Thread

I know there's spots I didn't get, but my photoshop was acting up, and wouldn't let me erase them, and that spot up there in the right corner. Sorry about that ^^'

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    Did you use the tutorial I gave you? xD

Anyway, I don't think you saved it quite right, as I can't see the transparent parts. (Yes people's, I'm aware you have to save the png image and open it in photoshop, but you try it, and you'll see it doesn't work.... well, it doesn't work for me anyway.)

I can see some parts in which her hair's been chopped off though. :x Hoe noes Chi-chan, that's baaad. A good rendering job means that the image itself is, at the very least, still whole and in one piece. xD I personally think it's better if there's white spots then if the image looks like it went through the butcher's shop. But it looks pretty good for a first try, from what I can see. ^^

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
    Years
  • Yes, yes I did XD When I looked at that picture up there again, I cringed D:

I tried the same picture again, and I know it turned out better. I'll check if I still have it.

No, I deleted that one. But I did this yesterday:

https://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c369/Teresa113/patrickcopy.jpg
    I did it for my friend. I rendered it, and used all this basic not-confusing graphics on it. I know, her arm looks weird, that's how the picture was ._. AND my photoshop likes glitching up, so it wouldn't let me erase those parts that obviously need erasing. I have to work on remembering what to save certain things as XD

Years
    • Seen Feb 21, 2008
    Pretty nice for a first render. *claps*
    Even though, I'm way too unpatient too render..

Waaaai~
    ~Honey-Senpai~

Angle-san

Don't Worry Little One
    Years
    • Age 38
    • Seen Oct 20, 2007
    @Chikara: Using the pentool is better to render with:3

Alright I'm back and with a few new sigs. :3
    *First would should be viewed with a dark background.
    Graphic Rating Thread

Graphic Rating Thread

Graphic Rating Thread

Graphic Rating Thread

Graphic Rating Thread

*Request Sig I did*
    Graphic Rating Thread

Edit: Also here is a render I did of Tiesto :3
    I think it turned out alright.

Graphic Rating Thread

Last edited:
    Status