• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Graphics by Akari [showcase]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aizuke

[b]long sword style[/b]
    Years
    Hella-alot of graphics will be shown, so slow computer users, beware. o.o

No, I won't be opening a shop. Sorry to get your hopes up. :P

Maybe later though. :D

Anywho, thought I'd make a new showcase because I can't revive the old one.

This one, I'll try and stick to. XD;

Oh and another thing, yes it's true, I haven't been making graphics for a while, I only started just after I joined PC. But I did have Photoshop for a while though and I played around with it and stuff, but I never made proper graphics until now, or then, or whatever. o.o;

Anywho.. Enough chit-chat, time for some new graphics. I shall continue from the last showcase.

Oh yeah, please don't steal my graphics. If you want to use them, just PM me. But if I find out you've stolen them....You don't want to know what will happen. :<

No.1 - Featuring Lelouch from Code Geass. <3

No.2 - Featuring Shana from Shakugan no Shana.

No.3 - Featuring Shana yet again. XD

No.4 - Featuring Diao Chan from Dynasty Warriors 6. I love that game. 8D

No.5 - Featuring Amaterasu in human form from Okami. Love that game too. <3

No. 6 - Featuring Saber from Fate/Stay Night.

No.7 - Featuring Cloud Strife from FFVII. <3

No.8 - Featuring Cloud again. <3

No.9 - Featuring Lelouch again. <33

No.10 - Featuring Zack Fair from Final Fantasy Crisis Core.

No.11 - Featuring Kira Yamato From Gundam Seed Destiny. <3

No.12 - Featuring Lelouch again! 8D <33

No.13 - Featuring Suzaku Kururugi from Code Geass. <3

No.14 - Featuring C.C from Code Geass.

No.15 - Featuring Toshiro Hijikata from Gintama. <3

No.16 - Featuring Inoue Orihime from Bleach.

No.17 - Featuring Kira again. <3

No.18 - Current theme, featuring Kira, again. <33 XD

THIRTY-SIX

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2015
    2 9 and 11 are great… others are too similar as if you are just using downloaded brushes… well there's nothing wrong with that but as a designer you need a bit of versatility. You have good colouring too.

Twinx

s o m e t h i n g M O R E
    Years
    yep akari... your work is amazing ^^ The colors are so vibrant and alive.
    but I think you've overused those light textures. You've mastered this style since 14/18 of your banners prove it.. maybe you should try other styles? Anyway, that's my advice, for whatever it's worth =)

Keep it up!
    ~~DC

evilcheese

God I am so freakin lazy
    Years
    wow i like your graphics (everyone looks at my sig)

well i think the eye catcher in your sigs are the impressive use of star stock nice job and keep it up.

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    My favorites have to be 1, 3, 5, and 15, but like munna said, your style really doesn't vary at all.

If you overuse a certain style, it becomes boring and repetitive, and thus the impact of the graphic decreases. xD; I suggest reading a few tutorials and trying something new, because even your vector banners have the touch that reminds me of your starry space-y ones. It's good to have a style, but it's bad to be monotonous.

And going with that, the ones I like the least are probably your last two Kira ones. They don't really pop due to the lack of color, and if there's a lack of color, making a strong focus is important. But here, they sort of just... fade into the background. :/

I like the text on nearly all of them, but they're all... so similar. xD Your text decorations are all the same- except for on 12, which is why that text is my favorite. But the problem I see most with the text is that it's mostly all either white, lowered opacity white, or black. D: The purple text on 4 is great because of the variation, but then there's the problem of it having the same text decorations as almost every other banner. xD;;

You're definitely an awesome graphic artist, and you have this style nailed down perfectly, but variation variation! That's the number one thing. ^^

Aizuke

[b]long sword style[/b]
    Years
    Thanks for the comments you guys. ^^

And yeah, I have noticed my banners are alike.. XD; I'm been trying to develop a new style, but it's really hard. T_T; I have alot to learn still. Even I'm getting bored with my style. XD;

So yeah, I'll try to make some new styles now. ^^

Pikachu_trainer

I Train pikachu obviously.....
    Years
    hey cool banners
    i just love your work

EDIT by FG: Pikachu trainer, please try and put more detail into your comments in future, otherwise they come across as spam.

Last edited by a moderator:

Motsuko Live

... pronounced Mös.
    Years
    You already know what I think of your graphics, Akari. Absolutely magnificent. 15, 11, 2 and 18 are my personal favorites, but they're all good. And like Loki said, you should try to switch up your style (as much as I'll cry when your old one vanishes one day) . I see you've been doing some vector-type sigs, too. Yes, you know; I love 'em! Especially your current theme (the "Smile" one). =]
    Anyways, keep up the great work. I'll expect to be seeing more and more of your graphics around.
    To quote the Beatles, "Don't Let Me Down!" XD

Motsuko

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
    I'm not sure if I've said this to you before but Akari, your graphics are simply amazing. 11 and 15 are probably my favourites out of the ones there.
    Seriously, how do you manage to make them so quickly and yet so brilliantly?? xD

Can't wait to see what you come up with next. :]

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    Ohh, see, your current banner is an excellent variant from your usual style. |D You really pulled the complete-vector-style off very well. ;D

edit: Okay your Gino/Suzaku banner. xD

Last edited:

Aizuke

[b]long sword style[/b]
    Years
    Thanks for the comments guys. ^^ And sorry to Loki, for changing my theme alot. XD; Oh and to Kagami; I have no idea how I make them so fast. I guess I have alot of time on my hands. XD

New graphics!

No.19 - Featuring Kira again. Kinda plain IMO..

No.20 - Featuring Suzaku and Zino from Code Geass; R2. I'm starting to get the hang of vector banners. XD

No.21 - Featuring Lenalee from D.Gray-Man.

No.22 - Featuring Yu Kanda from D.Gray-Man, I don't really like it so I'll probably make a new banner with the same render. @_@;

No.23 - Featuring Lelouch and Rolo from Code Geass R2. I have no idea what I did here, just playing around with brushes I suppose..

No.24 - Featuring Ulquiorra Schiffer from Bleach. Trying a new style.

Last edited:

Asch_R2

The Power Within
    Years
    WOW, awesome banners wish I was that good, where on earth do you find these renders. I struggle to find anything for Geass R2

Aizuke

[b]long sword style[/b]
    Years
    AK Legend; Most of the my R2 renders come from a site called minitokyo. Sometimes I do render them myself, but I've been too lazy to render any. XD;

THIRTY-SIX

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2015
    I'm sure you have made more… post em up now xD
    More work using D.Gray-Man / Gintama xD

Aizuke

[b]long sword style[/b]
    Years
    I haven't made much Gintama banners, I should though. And I haven't made much for D.Gray-Man too, because there's not much pictures.. :< I should just do a vector from the show.

No. 25 - Featuring Haruhi Suzumiya. Not the best blender rending, but it's cute. :D

No. 26 - Featuring Lelouch Vi Britannia. Yeah.. Experimenting with this one. But Kimi used it as a banner for our Lelouch Alliance.

No. 27 - Featuring Saber from Fate/Stay Night. I missed my old style. :<

No. 28 - Featuring Lelouch Vi Britannia. <333 8D

No. 29 - Featuring Shana from Shakugan no Shana. I didn't like it much, because it's really bright. :<

No. 30 Version 1 - Featuring Allen Walker from D.Gray-Man. <3

No. 30 Version 2 - Changed it a bit. Still looks crap. :<

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back