• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Greetings, Poké fans!

curryc0mb

Some sort of flying squirrel
Years
  • Decided to introduce myself, because the big bold notification promised me supreme superiority if I did.

Joking aside, hello! I'm a very loyal Pokémon fan (obviously), and a passionate gamer at heart. Other than my passion toward wild little pocket monsters, I'm also an avid player of Tetris, the Sonic the Hedgehog and Super Mario series, and Super Smash Bros. (I own all versions down to Melee) -- which I can assume many here play as well.

My favorite Pokémon is Emolga, just barely sitting atop Pikachu... Emolga fans seem to be obscure -- so if you're an Emolga fan -- please, by all means, exhibit that... It'll save me the anxiety of believing they're going extinct...

So anyway, a friend of mine introduced me to PC after I asked them if there were any Pokémon related boards other than IGN and Serebii (I regularly search gaming forums for Pokémon/Smash fans because I'm always eager for battles, and of course, it's always good to interact with people who share common interests), so I signed up because it looked pretty dedicated -- exactly what I tend to look for.

Thanks for surviving this entire post, glad to be here!

Last edited:
    Years
  • Hello and nice to meet you John! Welcome to the community, and that's awesome to hear someone recommended PC for you and I can assure they made the right choice because we're well, different than your typical Pokemon forum.

Emolga happens to be one of my fave Pokemon as well, and is in fact my fave of the Pikachu look-alikes. I remember how cute Iris's Emolga was in the anime, it was one of the main reasons I managed to watch much more of the BW anime than I did. Most people tend to find these cuties annoying in the 5th Gen games, but with me being loyal to cute Pokemon I feel sorry for the hate they get.

Also, you seem to have great taste in video games there, being a fan of some very iconic franchises there. I'm still kinda surprised you haven't played SSB4 yet, because it's very popular around here and there's even tournaments held. Anyways, you'll be sure to enjoy the Video Games board here which has some great topics on the best and latest games, but we also have sections covering the Pokemon games as well if you're interested in those, so definitely look around and see what you like.

I'm sure you're very glad you joined us today, and I hope you have a blast! If you ever want somebody to talk to, I'm always open for a visitor message whenever you need me. See you for now, John!

curryc0mb

Years
  • Oh, I do own Smash 4 (both versions)! The only game from the franchise I don't currently own is the very first, and that's due to me no longer having my N64.

Thanks for the friendly welcome! I'm confident in knowing Emolga fans still exist.

Years
  • Hi there John! Great to have you here and major props to your friend for introducing you. 8D PC is awesome.

And.. I'm a huge Emolga fan, actually. Used to have the username "Emolga" on another forum and that was way awesome even though I've long since switched away in favor of the username I use everywhere else. Definitely one of the cuter Pokemon around.. hope I'll be able to hatch a shiny soon.

A loyal Pokemon fan, gamer, into Smash.. you're really going to settle in awesomely here. ;P The forum's bustling and we'd love to discuss pretty much anything with you! Have an amazing time, yes?

CoffeeDrink

GET WHILE THE GETTIN'S GOOD
    Years
  • Ah! Welcome to our humble abode! We hope you get along with everyone here and find many wonderful things to occupy yourself with, but I would suggest checking out my Club here. We get to talk about how fun it is to Poison others!

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
  • Ah, I used to looove playing the Sonic Games, but they keep muking them up; Sonic Boom could of had a lot of potential buuuut then comes the horrid glitches. xD Ugh. But someday! Anywhooo, nice to meet you. <33

I hope that you'll be able to visit the video games board sometime! Loads of things to do there! Mmm, but yeah, I know a lot of people who hate Emolga for some reason, but I think it's quite adorable! Flying squirellllls. :3

Anywho, have a great night! Love to come chat with you again. <33

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    If you don't mind me asking, how long have you been following Pokémon series?

For me, it'd have to be somewhere around ten to fourteen years, if I were to make an estimate. Even though most of its games do follow a similar formula--defeat evil organization, take Gym Leaders down, and become Champion--they still offer a lot of differences, such as region, characters, Pokémon, features, mechanics, and so forth.

Of all Pokémon games you have gone through so far, which is your most favorite? Personally, I'd have to lean more on Emerald, mostly due to nostalgic purposes. Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire are also pretty great. Anyway, welcome to PC, Curry! Hope you have a lovely stay here and enjoy every one of yours visits.

curryc0mb

Years
  • If you don't mind me asking, how long have you been following Pokémon series?

For me, it'd have to be somewhere around ten to fourteen years, if I were to make an estimate. Even though most of its games do follow a similar formula--defeat evil organization, take Gym Leaders down, and become Champion--they still offer a lot of differences, such as region, characters, Pokémon, features, mechanics, and so forth.

Of all Pokémon games you have gone through so far, which is your most favorite? Personally, I'd have to lean more on Emerald, mostly due to nostalgic purposes. Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire are also pretty great. Anyway, welcome to PC, Curry! Hope you have a lovely stay here and enjoy every one of yours visits.

I'd say somewhere around there is accurate. The anime goes waaay back. Odd enough, I started off with the anime before I began my voyage through the games -- with my first game being Gold version.

As for my favorite game, it would probably be Diamond version. I've had many fond memories with that one. LeafGreen and Emerald have some nostalgic values to them too -- but I think the reason I name Diamond my favorite is because of the revolutionary gain it brought with it -- the introduction of touch/dual screen compatibility, and omitting those inconvenient link cables and adapters for Wi-Fi support... There was this very jaunty feeling in me the first time playing it. The new features made the game feel so fresh... and being able to play almost anywhere made me somewhat carefree. The DS in general was very revolutionary, so it still remains my favorite game for the value it brought.

I dearly appreciate all the friendly greetings, everyone! I'll be sure to actively participate in the forums here -- and thanks for staying devoted to Emolga!

Back