• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Greetings!

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2020
    Hey there! I'm a Canadian guy who's knownabout the hacking scene for some time but just never got into it. Guess that's changing.

I grew up on Gen I games and have come to absolutely love FireRed and LeafGreen once I got a GBA. I mainly joined this forum in order to learn about ROM hacking and slowly work towards my final go which is hacked version of FireRed that features...

- A way to complete the national dex
    - Day/Night Cycle
    - Additional locations (in the vein of trainer tower etc.)
    - Some extra events
    - A few extra battles against important characters

I know this seems tame but I essentially want to make a game that is FR/LG's equivalent to Emerald. No idea how much of this is possible but I'll have my fun. Unless I have to learn assembly. Then this can all go to hell.

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    Hey Stryking, welcome to PC! Is it true that they put gravy on their fries up in Canada? Has there been much snow up there where you live, we haven't gotten much in Kentucky or Arkansas yet this season. Also cool, I hope your game works out well; who knows you could make the next big hack! I don't know much about hacks yet either, but have started to learn more since I am getting more into coding. If you ever wanna chat feel free to hit me up with a message.

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2020
    Poutine is an exquisite dish... You're missing out.

Not much snow actually, it's been pretty barren.

Thanks for the support!

Years
  • Welcome to the forums, Stryking! I've seen lots of Canadians around so I can say you are definitely not on your own, even a fair share of the staff are Canadian including a certain somebody who mods this very section along with another.

And hmmm you've got a hacking project in the works, seems like you'll enjoy the ROM Hacking boards around here. There's a place to showcase your hacks in progression, and also while you're there you should get the assistance you need from our experienced hackers, along with the board's mod duo, Christos and Spherical Ice. Sadly I have zero knowledge in the hacking department but as I said, there are people who can help you when needed.

Good luck and hopefully you stick around as well, since there's so much to do here than just hacks. Have fun and we'll be seeing you around the forums!

- Hikamaru

Years
  • Hey there Stryking! Great to have you aboard, welcome to PC. ^^

I grew up on the first few generations myself; the first three were my life and soul way back as a kid eee. G/S/C probably will always remain as my most-replayed but R/S/E were by far the most addicting.. so naturally I'm absolutely ecstatic about the recent Hoenn remakes we've gotten. Guh, such an improvement!

Good luck on your hacking endeavors as well and I really do hope to see you make something amazing soon. :) There are a lot of resources to utilize here so you're most certainly in the right place. I'd help out if I could but sadly I know nothing about it all ahahah. Have a fantastic experience!

Back