• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Greetings

yayacomma

Fantastic, Dah-ling!
Years
  • Hi!

I'm yayacomma. I've been a fan of Pokémon since I was like, 5 or 6 years old, and I've not stopped since! Currently, I'm a GCSE student in England, where I've lived all my life, and I'm passionate in both Japanese and Politics - hoping to eventually go on the JET program and work in Local Government in good old Nippon. I speak a bit of Japanese and will be taking my GCSE sometime in the first half of next year. As you can see by my avatar, I'm into Steven Universe, but I'm also a VOCALOID/UTAU/CeVIO user as well. I hope we can get along!

I go by various different aliases but this name reflects my favourite Pokémon very well; Fletchling! I love the thing to bits and I admit to owning more merch than I should... I plan to collect as much Fletchling merchandise as possible! I play the TCG casually, though I haven't played properly in a long while as I can't find the time to go down to locals and play.

I've had interest in ROM Hacking since like... 2008? 2009? It's been a long time and I've not been fully into it for a good three or so years. Really, I want to make my own, but I don't know where to start. I could do with some advice!

Years
  • How you doing yayacomma nice to meet you! Hope your GCSEs go well for you and I'm sure they will- if you havent started them yet, then trust me that late night cramming is the way to go- just saves so much time! and if you have done some of them then you know what I'm talking about :D On another note, I can see why you like Fletchling- he looks so nice and harmless. But if you're going for flying types its gotta be Xatu all the way! Can't offer you any advice on the ROM Hacking side of things, I'm all thumbs with that kind of stuff, but I'm sure someone here can point you in the right direction. All the best with it anyways, and hopefully see you around!

Years
  • That Opal avatar... no surprise you're a Steven Universe fan, maybe check out the club sometime? Either way, welcome aboard!

Anyways, ROM Hacking seems to be your main interest so go look around that massive section first, and you'll learn tips and tricks from some of PC's best in the business, or you can download other hacks to check out yourself. And Fletchling as your fave Pokemon? Not much I see the common early route birds getting loved, but I do love how it sets itself apart from the others with those Fire move it gains as it evolves.

Not much else I have to say, but good luck with your hack project and I'll see you soon!

Years
  • omg giant woman
    Hi there yayacomma! <3 Welcome to PC.

I'm very passionate about the Japanese language and culture myself, overall I just adore languages but Japanese is very high up there. JET's a super competitive program and the application process is long (heard around 8 months on average of wait time) so I never tried out for it.. plus the teaching side wouldn't be my thing either way, I think. 8[ So I've been hoping to one day become a Japanese/English translator which would be a dream come true.

And I wish I could help out more with your ROM hacking endeavors but I hardly know much myself since I'm not into it, haha. The tools forum should have a starting out directory pinned at the top that you can use as well as a Beginner's Lounge area for asking questions so you're in good hands. Have a blast!

yayacomma

Fantastic, Dah-ling!
    Years
  • That Opal avatar... no surprise you're a Steven Universe fan, maybe check out the club sometime? Either way, welcome aboard!

Anyways, ROM Hacking seems to be your main interest so go look around that massive section first, and you'll learn tips and tricks from some of PC's best in the business, or you can download other hacks to check out yourself. And Fletchling as your fave Pokemon? Not much I see the common early route birds getting loved, but I do love how it sets itself apart from the others with those Fire move it gains as it evolves.

Not much else I have to say, but good luck with your hack project and I'll see you soon!

Oh, I didn't see an SU club! I'll check it out. I've already had some help with the ROM Hacking, and I can remember a couple of things back from like... 2012, but I'll be in there a lot! Thanks for the welcome!

omg giant woman
    Hi there yayacomma! <3 Welcome to PC.

I'm very passionate about the Japanese language and culture myself, overall I just adore languages but Japanese is very high up there. JET's a super competitive program and the application process is long (heard around 8 months on average of wait time) so I never tried out for it.. plus the teaching side wouldn't be my thing either way, I think. 8[ So I've been hoping to one day become a Japanese/English translator which would be a dream come true.

And I wish I could help out more with your ROM hacking endeavors but I hardly know much myself since I'm not into it, haha. The tools forum should have a starting out directory pinned at the top that you can use as well as a Beginner's Lounge area for asking questions so you're in good hands. Have a blast!

All I wanna do is see you turn into a giant woman......

I love languages too! In England at least, the JET program allows you to work in Local Government if your Japanese level is good enough, which I think mine will be by then.

Thanks for the welcomes, everyone! I appreciate it!

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
  • a giant woman~ a giant woman~! Awh, I've been watching steven universe too. It's a great show! Love all the characters, teehee. Ah, and welcome! Nice to meet you! I hope that the forums have been pleasant for you so far, and I hope that you and I can become really great friends. <33

And yeah, feel free to stop by our TCG and ROM Hacking section anytime! I'm trying to learn the japenese lore myself. Super, super really want to travel to Japan someday, and maybe bring a bunch of buddies! It's no fun travelling alone after all, ohoho. Anyways, take care, and if you need a hand with the forums, you can contact me anytime, friend! See you later. <33

Back