• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Greetings!

Years
    • Seen Jan 21, 2016
    Hello there, I'm Sofia and I'm a filthy casual. :D By the I mean I'm very bad at pokemon games and not competitive enough to try and get better. I still play the games; my favorite is Alpha Sapphire, and I'm currently going through X a second time with a pseudo-wonderlocke challenge (all wonder traded pokemon, but without the pokemon dying). Even though I have no clue how IVs work and can't beat the game without the new EXP share turned on, I absolutely love the world of pokemon. My favorite is Scolipede. I probably wouldn't last too long in the pokemon world, considering the one I want to hug the most is poisonous and extremely aggressive, but I can dream. I was a fan of the anime when I was little although I felt like the quality went downhill too much around the Hoenn region, and I haven't bothered to see if it's gotten better.

My interest in pokemon is more on the creative side of things. I love fanart, fanfiction, and doing speculative worldbuilding based on what we know about the pokemon world. I'm been doing art since junior high and I think I'm pretty decent. (My avatar is an example, although it's kind of old.) Currently I'm attending an art school, and I just finished my first semester in the Graphic Design department. Expect some fanart from me. I also write sometimes.

I'm probably going to hang out around the fanart and fanfiction sections most. I have an old fanfic that I used to post on the Bulbagarden forums before I got distracted by a roleplay I was in and accidentally drifted away from the site. (I'm feeling too awkward to go back, but if you recognize me from there, come say hi! I think my name was BinkVallen?) I might keep working on that. I also am interested in getting into ROM hacking. Anyway, I can't wait to meet all of you!

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
    Hi! Welcome to PokéCommunity!
    We've got a lot of filthy casuals here, including me. I've never really found the appeal in competitive battles, although I get that some people enjoy them a lot.
    Did you draw that avatar? It looks fantastic! You've done an amazing job, I wish I could draw like that. Also, I look forward to reading anything you post in the fanfic section.
    By the way, have you checked out the World of PokéCommunity? That's a section entirely focused on world building, and I think you'd enjoy it.
    Hope you're having a fantastic new year so far, and good luck on the ROM Hacking as well! You can always check out the Beginner's Lounge if you have hacking-related questions. I'll see you around :)

Kaiyu

Has officially quit PC
    Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2016
    Hello there. Pleased to meet you and welcome to PC. Hope you enjoy your time here.

Killua

Hi cool meeting ya, there are actually a great deal of casuals here and a lot of us were casuals when joined the club like me well hope that does not take the fun of it because pokemon is not just for the weirdos who spend the whole day on smogon like me is for everyone who dont delete the older brother save file.

Yeahh awesome! As a huge lover of all things creative it's nice seeing others who are into that side of things too. I used to write a good chunk of Pokémon fics but got kinda lazy and yeah.. still gotta finish them all, lmao. For now I just read them. :-3 Welcome, Sofia!

Can't wait to have you around as an active member -- you seem awesome. Give me a shout if you'd like to chat anytime, seems like we'd make pretty good friends.

(Scolipede is probably the best poison type out there. aa)

Years
    • Seen Jan 21, 2016
    Hi! Welcome to PokéCommunity!
    We've got a lot of filthy casuals here, including me. I've never really found the appeal in competitive battles, although I get that some people enjoy them a lot.
    Did you draw that avatar? It looks fantastic! You've done an amazing job, I wish I could draw like that. Also, I look forward to reading anything you post in the fanfic section.
    By the way, have you checked out the World of PokéCommunity? That's a section entirely focused on world building, and I think you'd enjoy it.

That's good. I was afraid I'd be completely outnumbered, glad to know I'm welcome here regardless. And thank you! I've been poking my nose in there and I'm curious. I already have an idea for a region but I have to ask, are we allowed to include fakemon? It doesn't say anything about that in the rules.

And hello to the rest of you! It's great to meet you all. :D

Killua

Of course we are allowed to include fakemon heck I AM pretry sure thet I saw even a Morganfreemon

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    Hey Sofia, welcome to the site! I love the Pokemon games as well, my favorite is Pokemon Gold. I consider myself more of a casual player atm too, but I've been thinking about getting back into the competitive battling scene soon. Scolipede is a really cool Pokemon, one of the most powerful in the games imo, also its shiny form looks really nice too! I like making graphics as well, I used to make sigs and avatars but now I'm more into photography. I think I'll start a gallery soon too but I want to take some more high quality pictures first. I would love to see your gallery! If you'd ever like to chat feel free to hit me up with a visitor message. :)

Back