• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Group Submissions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    To have a group made, you need write why you think we need a group of your liking. The post should at least be one paragraph long and state good reasons as to why you think we should make the group you're proposing. Then we need at least five people to sign on with their own reasons for wanting the group to be made. They should quote your post and then write your own reasons, in your initial post, add "Current Supporters" and list their names, once you have enough, your group will be brought up. As for the leaders, it's more a symoblic position for the person that went to the trouble of starting the group itself. You'll have rights to starting a group thread which will go in a new sub. Every member is to be admitted into the group they join and if the group leader has any complaints, he can PM a higher staff member and we'll look over the situation to see wheather or not they'll be kicked out. As for group names, the leaders will have to state the name they want for the group when posting. Also, if there is a club that you would like to have become a group, just post why (only the club starter can do this) and the club must have more than 500 posts. You will not need ten people to support you for this.

To apply for leadership of current leaderless groups, state why you think you should be a leader in about five sentences. A higher staff member will PM you as to whether or not you got the spot. To join a group, go to your UserCP, in the "Group Memberships" section just find the group you want to join and type in a reason.

These are the current groups that we have:

PokeGamers - Leader - DSSBobby
    A group for fans of (all) Pokemon games

Pokemon Anime Group - Leader - Paul
    A group for all fans of either version of Pokemon and the movies.

TCG Gym -Leader - Kyouraku
    A group for all fans of the Pokemon TCG games

The Anime Group - Leader - Kazuhito
    A general group for fans of anime

PokeFic Guild- Leader - Akinari
    Special group for Fanfic writers.

The Nintendo Gaming Guild - Leader - Arcanine
    A general group for fans of Nintendo

The Playstation Group - Leader -
    A general group of fans of the Playstation gaming console(s).

The Pokemon Group - Leader - DSSBobby
    A group for all general things in Pokemon

XBox in a Box No Current Leader
    A general group for fans of XBOX/360

The RPer Faction - Leader - Kurosaki
    For those who like to RP!

The Art Pallet - Leader - Cowrie
    For fans of any type of art.

Jukebox FM - Leader - Tomasu-san
    For fans of all types of music

Tokyo Nights - leader - Kazuhito
    For fans of all things Japan

Knights of Hyrule - leader - TRIFORCE89
    A place for ZeldaFans, Zelda Scribes, and anyone else to talk about this legendary series (The Legend of Zelda) and discuss it's many mysteries.

Dive Into The Heart - Leader -
    A group for fans of the Kingdom Hearts series

Emblem Guild - Leader - Akinari
    For fans of all the Fire Emblem series from Japan.

Alliance of Webmasters - Leader -Revo
    Webmastering

Vestige Alliance - Leader - Cute Inuyasha-Kun
    For fans of Gundam SEED and Gundam SEED Destiny

DS Clan - Leader - Paul
    Group for supporters of Nintendo's newest handheld; the DS.

Last edited:

Spectrum

In need of an oil change
    Years
  • This isn't really a suggestion, but rather an elaboration - is there any way you can make the reason box bigger? Because with the roleplaying group, you could make the forum exclusive to members of that group. People requesting to join said group would need to provide a sample, and if they're not good enough, they get rejected. Know what I mean?

Actually, now that I think about it... how about a mature group with exclusive access to a mature forum? I don't mean like the Sexdome, but rather a forum where people can have PG-13 discussion (as opposed to the current G rating). I think it could create some good discussion.

Also, a DCC/member fanclubs group. This will sound harsh, but a good amount of people view those places as spam. If people were given the option to not see them, I think it could help the community's activity somewhat.

Sorry that my explanations are short, I just don't feel there's any more to say than what I already have. @_@

Last edited:

Kurosaki

This isn't really a suggestion, but rather an elaboration - is there any way you can make the reason box bigger? Because with the roleplaying group, you could make the forum exclusive to members of that group. People requesting to join said group would need to provide a sample, and if they're not good enough, they get rejected. Know what I mean?
    However, that isn't what the group is being used for. ^^;;

Actually, now that I think about it... how about a mature group with exclusive access to a mature forum? I don't mean like the Sexdome, but rather a forum where people can have PG-13 discussion (as opposed to the current G rating). I think it could create some good discussion.
    This isn't much different then the T-Dome situation, we just have these groups instead of the old system.

Also, a DCC/member fanclubs group. This will sound harsh, but a good amount of people view those places as spam. If people were given the option to not see them, I think it could help the community's activity somewhat.

Sorry that my explanations are short, I just don't feel there's any more to say than what I already have. @_@
    *insert random words here to build character limit*

Thomas

HAIL HYDRA!
    Years
  • Group Name: Jukebox FM
    Group Topic: Music (All Types)
    Reasons: I think that I would be a good candiadate for this group because I have been listening and singing to music since I was 2. I listen to basically all types of music genres and know a lot about them. I also believe that every member of Pokecommunity like music. Even if they don't like all music there is at least one genre of music that they can say that they enjoy, and I think that many of the members will join this group. Also if just music is too narrow, we could expand it to all entertainment. I keep up to date with basically everything, so I would be a good leader for a group like that as well.

Current Supporters:
    Airashii
    Kazuhito
    Lightning
    Roxas
    Sylph

Last edited by a moderator:

Kurosaki

I know it isn't, hence why I suggested it. o.o
    Don't mind me, I'm a little out of it today due to exams @@
    We already have moderation on in the RP forums for bad threads, so using this to weed out members isn't really necessary.

Spectrum

In need of an oil change
    Years
  • I was thinking you could use it to stop bad roleplayers entering in the first place, but that works too. ^_^

Thomas: Supported, 'cause I know you're good with music and that it's fairly popular here.

Edited. I'm out of it too, sorry. x_x

Last edited:

MegaDitto

Windsor ™
    Years
    • Seen Jun 27, 2013
    Group Name: Universal Trading Card Games
    Group Description: Group for other Trading Card Games

Reasons:I think there should be a group for other TCG's. (Magic the Gathering, Yu-gi-oh, etc) Other trading card games are discussed on this forum and the topics are active. There are many fans of the TCG area . In that topic there are a variety of TCG to talk about and there are always new topics coming in to be discussed about. In general it's something that will not get into any flames so there won't always be trouble in the group. There may not be a certain TCG that everybody will like but there are many other kinds of TCG's to like.

RoxasOld

Banned
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 29, 2006
    Group Name: Dive Into The Heart

Description: A group for fans of the Kingdom Hearts series

Reason:
    I think that I would be a good leader for the Kingdom Hearts group because I am a crazed fan. I've loved Kingdom Hearts from the first second of playing it. I would do anything it takes to get my hands on Kingdom Hearts merchandise. Even if I end up broke. I now have the whole collection of Kingdom Hearts games and Kingdom Hearts OST. Being that most of the Kingdom Hearts clubs always die, the true fans of Kingdom Hearts need a place where they can keep talking about the series, without having to worry about it dying. Also, my insane obsession shows that I am the biggest fan of Kingdom Hearts in PC, making me the best leader for the Kingdom Hearts group.

Supporters: (I have enough people :O )
    Andy (Arcanine)
    Erica (Lightning)
    Aoriaku
    Chain Of Memories
    Kimi (Cute Inuyasha-kun)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    Group Name: Tokyo Nights
    Group Description: For anyone that's a fan of Japan

This being a Pokemon forum, obviously a lot of people would be fans of Japan. So I think a group would be a good idea as right now there is no real place on PC where we can talk about Japan outside of anime. There are enough members on PC that would enjoy it and be able to learn a few things about the country in general. It would serve for talking about Japanese culture, Japanese music, Japanese food, anything really. Might even be a place where some people can pick up the basics of the language and help out other members. There are a lot of people interested in Japanese culture that really have no place on PC to talk about it, so members might be able to benefit from this type of group. As for me being leader, I do know a fair amount of Japanese culture and probably more about current Japanese pop culture than most members on PC.

Current supporters:
    Tomasu-san
    Kyouraku
    Airashii
    Lightning
    Roxas

Last edited:

Thomas

HAIL HYDRA!
    Years
  • Um, I think that there should still be ten otherwise this forum could just be a Mixed Community Group, but just on another part of the forum. Eh, but it is your decision.

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
  • Roxas said:
    Group Name: Dive Into The Heart

Description: A group for fans of the Kingdom Hearts series

Reason:
    I think that I would be a good leader for the Kingdom Hearts group because I am a crazed fan. I've loved Kingdom Hearts from the first second of playing it. I would do anything it takes to get my hands on Kingdom Hearts merchandise. Even if I end up broke. I now have the whole collection of Kingdom Hearts games and Kingdom Hearts OST. Being that most of the Kingdom Hearts clubs always die, the true fans of Kingdom Hearts need a place where they can keep talking about the series, without having to worry about it dying. Also, my insane obsession shows that I am the biggest fan of Kingdom Hearts in PC, making me the best leader for the Kingdom Hearts group.
    I also put in my support for this group.
    Reason for a group: Kingdom Hearts has gotten a large fan base over the years. And since KHII is soon to be out outside of Japan so it'd be nice to have a group to talk about it, as well as the past Kingdom Hearts games. Good place to ask for help and info on the games if needed and also good when new KH news comes in. And that's why I support this group.

Innocence

PC Lurker: I'm watching you...
    Years
  • Group Name: The Romhackers' Group

Description: Umm...A group of people that like romhacking? I'm not so sure how this works.

Reason:
    I think I should be the leader of this club because, ever since I was a little kid(ok, littler than I am), I wanted to be able to make a pokemon game. I tried and tried, searched the internet, and basically worked my heart out to find out how. About 5 years later, I had the answer. Romhacking. I'm devoted, hardworking, and if i carry on i'll be bragging. So basically, i'm hopefully the right choice.

Supporters:

brotlov

Last edited:

Spectrum

In need of an oil change
    Years
  • Kazuhito said:
    Group Name: Tokyo Nights
    Group Description: For anyone that's a fan of Japan

This being a Pokemon forum, obviously a lot of people would be fans of Japan. So I think a group would be a good idea as right now there is no real place on PC where we can talk about Japan outside of anime. There are enough members on PC that would enjoy it and be able to learn a few things about the country in general. It would serve for talking about Japanese culture, Japanese music, Japanese food, anything really. Might even be a place where some people can pick up the basics of the language and help out other members. There are a lot of people interested in Japanese culture that really have no place on PC to talk about it, so members might be able to benefit from this type of group. As for me being leader, I do know a fair amount of Japanese culture and probably more about current Japanese pop culture than most members on PC.

Current supporters:
    Tomasu-san
    Kyouraku
    ...except the Pokemon dub pretty much removes anything to do with Japan.

Supported.

Geometric-sama

The Manly Man of Steel
    Years
  • Group Name: Penguin Lovers
    Group Description: For anyone who loves penguins.

I've made several "Penguin Club" threads over the years, as well as campaigning under the "Penguin Party" name, and I've always found that there are a lot of people who like penguins. This would be a chance for us to pull together and show our true allegiance to the penguin cause.

Current Supporters
    Esupio sono Kamereon
    Jolty-Kun
    emmy

Last edited:

Dream Illusionist

//Teenager with S.T.Y.L.E.//
    Years
  • Tomasu-san said:
    Group Name: Jukebox FM
    Group Topic: Music (All Types)
    Reasons: I think that I would be a good candiadate for this group because I have been listening and singing to music since I was 2. I listen to basically all types of music genres and know a lot about them. I also believe that every member of Pokecommunity like music. Even if they don't like all music there is at least one genre of music that they can say that they enjoy, and I think that many of the members will join this group. Also if just music is too narrow, we could expand it to all entertainment. I keep up to date with basically everything, so I would be a good leader for a group like that as well.

Current Supporters:
    Airashii
    Kazuhito

I support this group too, as I'm a music fan too.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back