• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

GTS: is it REALLY worth it?

Srsly?

• Yes.

Votes: 12 52.2%
  • No.

Votes: 11 47.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Headfirst For Halos

[insert ellipses here]
    Years
    I'm frustrated with the GTS system. I was searching for a Magnezone [since it is technically impossible to evolve my Magneton in Heart Gold for obvious reasons], and all they wanted were legendaries. Not all people have more than 5 million friends with D/P/PT IRL, you know. Especially when one does not want to give me his Magnezone.

Does anyone here share my extreme, cuss-inducing frustration?

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
    Years
    YES!, It is so annoying as if anyone is going to trade their lv100 Deoxys for a lv6 Gastly. If that wasn't annoying enough lots of people want something like lv9 and under Mewtwo and about a quarter of the lv100s on the GTS are hacks anyway. At least you can take advantage of the trading Pokemon glitch where you put a Pokemon that needs trading for evolution including ones that need items it has to be holding the item and then make a trade with anyone else on the GTS then get of the GTS, go back on and withdraw your Pokemon and it will evolve. I did this to get a Slowking.

Kelp

<3
    Years
    GTS gets me especially riled up....because I can't get it to work. >:[

But yeah I know what you mean. If I were on GTS, I wouldn't be asking for legends, I'd be asking for like Zangoose of Spiritomb. :3

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    The GTS doesn't bother you when you've stopped caring about Pokedex completion and you've got two games/DSs to play with.

In fact, the only time I use the GTS is when I'm using the trade evolution glitch to get things like Gengar/Alakazam without having to use my second DS. XD

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Well, it depends...

It's awkward to use in Diamond.....Platinum made it worse.

However, in HeartGold, the GTS is much more easy to use! Add in the fact that you have 200+ pokémon seen in your pokédex, so you can catch a lot more to trade....and most people are DPPt players....suddenly you find that your Poliwag etc. are worth a Budew!

Shame really...to me, they only cracked it as far as actually being useable is concerned at the end of the generation...

vinylscratchp0n3

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A START
    Years
    I don't even use it anymore, it's gotten so bad. I just use the Quick Trade Thread here on Pokécommunity where people are reasonable.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
    I only use it for the evolution glitch, really. Although I have gotten a few decent trades here and there, I don't find it worthwhile to search for any of the Pokemon I want. Usually my sister and I trade if we need anything, or I migrate Pokemon from Emerald.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
    If you are actually trying to get anything worth while, the best route is to do it via regular Wifi Trading in the basement of the Pokemon Centers. The offers are either utterly ridiculous or down right impossible. Like a Level 9 or Under Tyranitar for something, right that is going to be plausible. I understand how some people do it for cloning purposes, but at this point it is riddled with how knows how many hacks and impossible offers. Basically just stick to trading via FC System.

Polizard

Awesome Trainer
    Years
    The best way for the GTS to work is for you to offer your own pokemon for the pokemon you. want people that are looking will make good trades i find that searching is just a waste of time, I prefer to do all my trading with my friends or over here

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2010
    As mentioned before. I only use the GTS for cloning. I used to use it often, but I would never actually use the Pokemon from the GTS. Instead I would just make eggs trying for the natures I want and EV train them myself.

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
    Years
    I never use the GTS for this reason, Instead I buy both verisons of the game to get every pokemon. For events I trade to get them with my Japanese brother in law and American Cousin.

Melody

Banned
    Years
    Well I think that it's stupid that you can't trade for Pokemon you haven't got in the Pokedex. :<

The game ought to be more accessible. It especially sucks when you simply don't have any friends whom you can trade with or complete the game with...because it really takes several people on many different versions to complete the Pokedex legitimately. >_> (And I do count the event Pokemon toward completion...and believe that they should be distributed on the GTS from a certain date and on, rather than distributing them through a certain window of time. This is especially true of Pokemon like Deoxys and Mew.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    I used to use it just to collect additional ID numbers for the lottery drawings. Too many of the trades are ridiculous and that's why I haven't ventured onto the GTS in quite some time I'm not going to wade through pages of absurd "deals" just to find that one that's reasonable.

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2023
    Eh. I dunno. The LOL TRADE ME A LV100 ARCEUS FOR MY Lv2 BIDOOF stuff is ridiculous, but for the few fair trades on there it's actually kinda helpful. I've only used it to get Pokemon like Feebas and version-exclusives, and then proceeded to breed them and train the offspring so I wouldn't have to worry about anything being wrong with them. Even that's better than nothing though, especially if you don't have easy access to every single Pokemon whenever you need a particular one.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
    Forgot to mention that I was trying to use the trade evolution glitch on my level 27 Clampearl and got a level 100 Azelf like I asked for it. o_o I didn't mind that too much.

Back