• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen GTS offers

Phangy

Master
Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2014
    For the GTS, simple is better, it's not meant for you to browse through, you should know what you want before you trade. as for the accept/decline, the trades don't always happen fast enough for that to work, you put up a pokemon and wait for someone to accept your offer, if everything had to be accepted, nothing would ever get traded.

The only improvements i would like to see is people not being such d-bags. Asking for dittos lv. 1-10..... as far as i know, those don't exist....

Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2014
    GTS has always been pretty bad, even with the newer updates and such but alot of it has to do with people asking for Zekrom or Xernas level 9 and Under.

Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2014
    I think the GTS is perfect as it is in X and Y.

Why? Because they gave us the option to get rid of stupid offers such as Shiny Ditto x Lv. 9 Zekrom.

We can now choose to search or not for people looking for a Legendary Pokémon.

And we also have this new feature to show only Pokémon we have and people ask for.

Obviously people that gives sh*t and wants gold will always exist, but I think they aren't big deal. :3

Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2014
    I think the GTS is perfect as it is in X and Y.

Why? Because they gave us the option to get rid of stupid offers such as Shiny Ditto x Lv. 9 Zekrom.

We can now choose to search or not for people looking for a Legendary Pokémon.

And we also have this new feature to show only Pokémon we have and people ask for.

Obviously people that gives sh*t and wants gold will always exist, but I think they aren't big deal. :3

I agree.. I would think too (not an expert in the programming field) that making it better in terms of flashy or maybe a more detailed trading board would take up more space and limit what can be done with other things. On top of that, i think it's great because if your really looking for something, changes are your going to ask on a forum like this one.

Xerneas_X

Raven
    Years
  • I have no issues with the GTS.. also in regards to all those listings of people asking for things they will never receive (i.e. someone posting a Fletchling asking for a Ho-Oh) or asking for Untradeable Event Legendaries that never could be on GTS...

if you are unaware, when you click search and are given results, click the filter button ont he lower left, and change it from Show All to Show only Pokemon that I own.

what that will do is filter out every listing that is asking for a pokemon or a level of a pokemon that you do not have in your PC or party.. thus, only showing you the results that you are eligible to trade with.

AsuraMachina

Who Am I?
    Years
  • I don't understand how many foolish people there are out there.
    I mean i know all they are hoping for is hacked legendaries to be sent to them for basically nothing at all.
    But really?
    White/black White2/black2 and now X/Y?

The best chance anyone has of getting what they want is to deposit something on equal scale to the pokemon you want.
    More sure to find someone who will trade.
    Trying to find one yourself would take alot of time.

There should be bans for spam in the GTS like this. Obviously not indefinately and it would be a horrible waste of time for nintendo to sift through all the deposted pokemon. But still i have always said something needs to be done because it really just takes up space no one will ever trade a pidgey for a Zekrom.

droomph

weeb
    Years
  • There should be bans for spam in the GTS like this. Obviously not indefinately and it would be a horrible waste of time for nintendo to sift through all the deposted pokemon. But still i have always said something needs to be done because it really just takes up space no one will ever trade a pidgey for a Zekrom.
    Well thank god for the results filter menu :p

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    Well thank god for the results filter menu :p

The filters are nice, but I've had times where there are zero (or very few) offers available because everyone's asking for legendaries I don't have.

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
    Years
  • I GTSed today looking for some good Eevee. My search was in vain, but they were only asking for Luminion. Not the rarest thing in the world. I had a Spanish one and breed 2 eggs to trade.

I'm getting a much better trade on the forum! GO US!

Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2023
    Eh. Right now, the only good option is depositing Pokémon. I have a good bunch of Slakoth, which people are willing to trade good Pokémon like Togetic and Kingdra for, and it really helps my dex. However, when you search, even for a Caterpie you get people COUNTLESS people asking for Articuno, Mew, Darkrai, Deoxys and stuff like that. Now seriously, who's gonna trade for that? Unless they're crazy :>

BigSteve

Pokemon Bright Gold
    Years
  • I still think it'd be cool to have an option to search for people looking for Pokémon you own without searching for one Pokémon.... Would probably result in lots more trades...

Xerneas_X

Raven
    Years
  • I still think it'd be cool to have an option to search for people looking for Pokémon you own without searching for one Pokémon.... Would probably result in lots more trades...

yes, i second this. would be nice to see who wants to trade something for one of my Xerneas' when i have more than 1 or such.. but then again.. this can be bad and backfire.. because then it will cause some people to just stop posting things on GTS, instead only try to see what is the best thing they can get for their pokemon.

so i guess each have pros and cons.

TheMarkCrafter

roses are red, violets are blue, i used to break r
    Years
  • I'd like to see Nintendo blocking crap trades, If they were Kalos legendary for Kalos legendary (eg: Xerneas for Yveltal), it'll stay there, even for the legendary birds.

If pokemon bank re-releases, nobody will accept trades except ones that are Starter for Starter - Exclusive for exclusive, etc..

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    I'd like to see Nintendo blocking crap trades, If they were Kalos legendary for Kalos legendary (eg: Xerneas for Yveltal), it'll stay there, even for the legendary birds.

If pokemon bank re-releases, nobody will accept trades except ones that are Starter for Starter - Exclusive for exclusive, etc..

so if I have a Shiny Scatterbug and someone wants to give me their Articuno for it (which is exactly what I did with my first Shiny) they shouldn't allow it? So people aren't allowed to trade what they want, but only what you dictate should be allowed? You honestly see NO problem with that scenario?

AsuraMachina

Who Am I?
    Years
  • so if I have a Shiny Scatterbug and someone wants to give me their Articuno for it (which is exactly what I did with my first Shiny) they shouldn't allow it? So people aren't allowed to trade what they want, but only what you dictate should be allowed? You honestly see NO problem with that scenario?

There is a difference to what he posted and what your saying.
    All be it shiny pokemon are rare indeed. and some people may find it all the more reasonable to trade for a legendary.
    BUT he like everyone else is stating that No one in their right mind wants to trade a NORMAL scatterbug for say an articuno.
    It's just not logical.
    If there were such blocks on the trades then i would think Shiny pokemon would be categorized as special

Years
    • Seen Mar 16, 2019
    As someone who has obtained the shiny charm, and doesn't have pokemon bank, and never scammed anyone on the GTS; you just have to know how to use it. Find a pokemon that you can breed for one you can't, then continually trade up until you get what you want. I have 706 pokemon in my pokedex and I got almost none of them by searching the GTS, but by posting things for trade instead and waiting until they were traded. There are certain legendaries that I've probably had more than 10 of, it's just that I would always use them to trade-up for the legendaries I didn't yet have. Also I agree with the people saying not to trust what other people are offering, you might get lucky and they might not be lying, but I've even gotten scammed on Ditto's above level 50 that were claiming to have 4IVs (cause the level 30 6 IV ones are obviously all lies) so I don't think there's a single Ditto on the GTS that isn't a lie, and the one time I traded for another pokemon claiming to have 6 IVs and it's HA it had neither. The lesson is, if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

Also, per my experience the GTS does not block 6 IV pokemon. I have received 6 IV pokemon from the GTS before, and I even have 6 IV pokemon that I could offer myself just to test it. It would indeed be idiotic for them to block that, and that is why they aren't. I'm not convinced there's a whole lot of "hack checking" going on honestly, if any at all. Even though it would be reasonably easy to identify pokemon as hacks if they were really blatant (caught in an impossible area, or has move/abilities that the pokemon literally can't ever have) I would think this is the most in-depth they'll go with it though. If you're using AR half-competently or ID hacking or whatever, I'm sure they can't detect it.

And re: "Why are people asking for event legendaries when they can't be posted to the GTS in the first place?" The answer to that is because you can type in anything at all in the "looking for" field and it doesn't prevent your offer from being deposited. Once I accidentally offered Zapdos and I didn't want to, so when it came time to say what I was looking for I literally just typed in random letters that were complete gibberish, and it still deposited Zapdos. The only difference being that since what I typed didn't match the name of an actual pokemon, no one would ever see it as a search result. But because Darkrai, Mew et. all are actual pokemon names, they still show up if you manually enter their names. This even works with the as-yet unreleased legendaries like Hoopa. Maybe this means there are plans to be able to list them in the future, but I doubt it.

Back