• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

GTS system to v17 + Online Panel

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Mar 15, 2020
I wanted to use this for Pokémon Essentials v17.2, but it didn't work. I used ForTheShip's script but I don't know what went wrong. Where do I exactly replace pbPostData?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 26, 2024
I wanted to use this for Pokémon Essentials v17.2, but it didn't work. I used ForTheShip's script but I don't know what went wrong. Where do I exactly replace pbPostData?

There is a standard script named 'Sockets' in essentials. Around line 545 you can find the definition of pbPostData def pbPostData ()
You replace this definition from the 'def' til 'end' with the code of ForTheShip.
Hope this helps.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Mar 15, 2020
There is a standard script named 'Sockets' in essentials. Around line 545 you can find the definition of pbPostData def pbPostData ()
You replace this definition from the 'def' til 'end' with the code of ForTheShip.
Hope this helps.

Oh my god, thank you so much! You don't know how much I want to thank you right now.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 26, 2024
Note that the online panel is down so the script won't work as is.

Trying to get it to work with my own server at the moment so if there are folks trying to do the same, hit me up.

Unless anyone has news about the panel coming back up at some stage.

Canal_do_Lontra

Oshawott uses Razor Shell
Years
this is very cool, I will test this GTS on my game. Do you know other Online panel? Because this pannel is expired.

DarrylBD99

Content Creator and Game Developer
Years
I don't want to go and hate this resource or anything, but in my opinion, I really don't think making your game online capable is the wisest thing... unless if you want to be on nintendo's radar... (fyi, some pokemon fangames like Phoenix Rising got a warning for online battle and trade capability)

Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Nov 28, 2022
I don't want to go and hate this resource or anything, but in my opinion, I really don't think making your game online capable is the wisest thing... unless if you want to be on nintendo's radar... (fyi, some pokemon fangames like Phoenix Rising got a warning for online battle and trade capability)

That's not true. It's fine to have an opinion, but spreading misinformation isn't.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 26, 2024
is this compatible with v18?

I can't say if it will or not, i know things will have to be updated if it uses pbmessage since they were changed from 17 to 18 but the online panel isnt even live so even if it was or not its unusable rn

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 19, 2023
Afonso uploaded the server files on github. After changing a few things, a friend and I managed to revive the online panel:
http://gts.kawasemi.de/login/

I also made an update on the script for Essentials v17 and I'm currently working on an update for v18.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 26, 2024
Afonso uploaded the server files on github. After changing a few things, a friend and I managed to revive the online panel:
http://gts.kawasemi.de/login/

I also made an update on the script for Essentials v17 and I'm currently working on an update for v18.

great help for some out there icebird. seems to all work fine, might be my code but it opening the pc when searching by pokemon, it lets you pick a box pokemon when it should only allow party (e.g. causing a crash) unless this was fixed in your updated script? (using Afonso's referenced one for v17)

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 19, 2023
My updated version should work fine. A friend of mine and I tested the script with my game as well as with an vanilla version of Pokémon Essentials v17.2 and there were no crashes at all. I opened a new topic here in the Scripts, Tutorials & Tools section, where you can find my updated version. You can also find it linked in the documentation at the website.^^

Back