• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

GTS Website to Shut Down, 14th September 2010.

560cool.

An old timer?
Years
  • ..that the Pokémon GTS website will shut down on September 14?

Gotten from bulbapedia's Did You Know..? section, just a bit lower from the News one on their main page.
    I...am really sad. Most of the GTS Pokemon I got were with the help of this website and now, until BW's English release, we will no longer have any acces to this, which also listed movesets of the Pokemon we were looking for.

Post away.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I had a look at the GTS site once. To be honest, I thought it was rather cool, though I never even used the GTS in the video games even once. But still, it's kinda sad to see it go, though it wasn't that useful.

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
  • Yeah it's closing. Only two people at most actually used it, so it's not a big deal.

It was slow and inefficient.

I agree with the slow problem, but people who live in a cave and are not registered on a forum, they used that site instead.
    So yeah, I just want not to start flamewars because of opinions like this. Only 500.000 people at most used it. n_n

Years
    • Seen Nov 9, 2010
    I think keeping with GTS online is a waste of money. It's better using the built-in GTS

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
    Years
  • i tried finding the pkmn on the gts and couldnt find them xD
    i lol'd/raged :P

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
  • Yea, but... you know, we get BW only next Spring. So, for the guys which do not have Japanese games, the GTS will be a lot more suckish.
    Yes, I am positive that the Dream World will replace it. It seems really obvious, since it was confirmed you can play without BW, it should have a separate page about it.
    So, we won't miss this GTS site. I just hope the Dream World edition won't be so slow and suckish, :p

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 13, 2011
    What was the exact point of this website?

I't neevr seems to actually show Pokemon on the GTS because i'd look htere than at the GTS, and it wasn't there.

I hated it personally.

shot571

I't neevr seems to actually show Pokemon on the GTS because i'd look htere than at the GTS, and it wasn't there.

I hated it personally.
    This. I just couldnt use it. I didnt understand the point of it.

Electric Totodile

Totodile used Thunderbolt!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2010

I hated it personally.

So true. Whats the point of even having the website if it dosent work?

Amaruuk

[span="letter-spacing: -2px;"][b]└──[/b]►[/span]TY
    Years
    • Age 35
    • She/Her
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    Honestly, I didn't even know this site existed in the first place. Since I only use the GTS for my Pokedex out of laziness, it's suited me on its own just fine.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • I went there a few times and didn't find it particularly useful... more a collection of trading stats as opposed to actually helping you find good trades... I think it only got updated a couple times a day (if not only once every 24 hours), so a lot of the offers on it were outdated.

The GTS site annoyed me a bit too... they had the Wi-fi room music playing on the site and I couldn't find any widget or anything to turn it off.

The Corrupt Plague

Missingno. hunter
    Years
  • I actually like the gen 4 GTS because I like to exploit the cloning glitch, so I want to see it stay at least for a while longer. I rarely ever use the trade function, though and because of that, I don't mind seeing that site leave because I can only recall using it once and not coming back.

Years
    • Seen Aug 2, 2021
    lol i never even knew this existed

maybe if the ds had decent wifi capabilities i would have used it sometime

The Corrupt Plague

Missingno. hunter
    Years
  • Technically, there's two of them. The one that is the most famous is the cloning trick and it clones your deposited pokemon if you turn your game off at the right moment while you are logged in. The other one isn't as well known and using a program that will not be named, you can make your PC act as a fake server and send hacked Pokemon files made with Pokesav onto the cartridge.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • This isn't actually HGSS specific so going to move to General Pokemon Gaming.

I also imagine a good reason for this is if they make a new GTS website that works with 4th and 5th gen games - otherwise it does seem a bit odd to bring it down now.

brightmix00

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Sep 26, 2010
    The two I ignored though had PRIVATE profiles. One was male and one was female. That is all the info I knew.

Back