• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Gym & Gym Leaders Discussion

Which gym leader do you like better?

• Atei

Votes: 3 3.2%
  • Kamitsure

Votes: 18 19.1%
  • Yakon

Votes: 5 5.3%
  • Furou

Votes: 14 14.9%
  • Hachiku

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • Iris (White)

Votes: 17 18.1%
  • Shaga (Black)

Votes: 15 16.0%
  • Dento, Poddo or Koon

Votes: 13 13.8%
  • Aloe

Votes: 3 3.2%

• Total voters

The Red Chain

with the amount of dark types we are getting, im really hoping that one thing on pokebeach is wrong :) & theres a dark type gym, i could see it being number 8 with our new pseudo-legend hydra :)
    I agree. It's been 13 years or something, and they still didn't include a Dark gym? Maybe they don't realize they haven't yet or something. It's kinda ridiculous to overlook that for so long though. I really had my hopes up for that, and of course the Dark type's existence is ignored once again. I'm crossing my fingers on it, hoping that there will be one and that Pokebeach is wrong. But, it is good that they left out Rock this time or I would be raging. :x

Volroc

The Unpredictability Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015

I agree. It's been 13 years or something, and they still didn't include a Dark gym? Maybe they don't realize they haven't yet or something. It's kinda ridiculous to overlook that for so long though. I really had my hopes up for that, and of course the Dark type's existence is ignored once again. Good thing they left out Rock this time or I would be raging. :x

i know :( and theres like 5dark type lines in this gen:
    the pseudo legend (3pokemon)
    zorua line (2pokemon)
    the dark/fighting line (2pokemon)
    the dark kitty line (2pokemon)
    & the meguroko line (3pokemon)
    so thats 12 dark types, more than enough for a dark type gym :)
    even if you take out zoruas line, thats still 10dark types :)

crystal286

Awesome Type Trainer
    Years
    They might be saving the dark type gym for the next game. Or ten years later. Or maybe they're gonna make a super hard dark type gym and make you regret even wanting one or they just wanna forget about dark types for a moment then suprise everyone with dark types.

Personally, I think Dento's gym will only have the monkeys, but at a strong level - maybe even one of their evolved forms, too, so it matches up with other first gyms. If not, then Hihidaruma/two others.

he will ONLY have monkeys. just monkeys. nothing else.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 3, 2011
    It looks like Dark has been screwed again, Gym style.
    And Poison has been screwed, Legendary style.

I have a feeling they're doing this on purpose:sleeping:

austy14

Cannibal
    Years
    It looks like Dark has been screwed again, Gym style.
    And Poison has been screwed, Legendary style.

I have a feeling they're doing this on purpose:sleeping:

Yeah, I think they have some motive to it. Like they don't have poison legendaries because they're just poisonous XD? And no dark gym because that just goes beyond evil?

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    Yeah, I think they have some motive to it. Like they don't have poison legendaries because they're just poisonous XD? And no dark gym because that just goes beyond evil?
    Well I think they are saving them for next gen, though the Dark gym is over due, at least we got Bug and Fighting legendaries :)

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    Perhaps they like the idea of only E4 members being "masters" of Dark type Pokemon, lol.

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
    I do not think the Buffalo will be on her team. It looks to strong to appear that early on in the game. But I might be wrong.

I am sad that there is no dark gym. Hopefully there will be a Dark E4 member.

Years
    • Seen Oct 7, 2010
    I think dento and co have 2 pokemon cause i swear i saw dento having 2 pokebals in a screenshot.

Cello

Tonight!
    Years
    Enjoy. Leaked gym leaders.
    WARNING, SPOILERS.

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Cello

Tonight!
    Years
    Wow... if this is real, this means Iris is the last Gym leader

(That is her isn't it?)

Which relates to the anime aswell...

But before I get my hopes up, Source ?

Someone on 2chan just received their copy of black, and is teasing the crap out of us with images.

They're being posted all over 4chan and serebii now.

Just though I would help share the fun.

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
    Well, Major spoiler D= But I guess I would have found out with the English version anyway. So Iris is a Gyme Leader, that's all I want to know. I don't want to know her plot-line in the game xD

Cello

Tonight!
    Years
    Well, Major spoiler D= But I guess I would have found out with the English version anyway. So Iris is a Gyme Leader, that's all I want to know. I don't want to know her plot-line in the game xD

Yikes, you're right. I probably should go back and spoiler that.

As everybody already knows:
    The two gym leaders covered up at the top are the monkey brothers and aloe.

Also, is it just me, or does that red haired gym leader seem very familiar?... i think I remember seeing her in something confirmed to be fake.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
    Someone on 2chan just received their copy of black, and is teasing the crap out of us with images.

They're being posted all over 4chan and serebii now.

Just though I would help share the fun.

Ok (: my hopes can shoot up,

But I think you should edit the post and make spoiler tags.

Back